EV Chat General discussion about electrified Lexus, other EV vehicle manufacturers and BEV, PHEV related industry news.

Kia EV6

Search this Thread

Old 05-19-21 | 11:56 AM
Motorola
Lexus Test Driver

Originally Posted by perfctreig
No, that's not my only experience. I have friends with Kia and Hyundai products. They don't seem to last more than a few years.
"My friends said so" isn't exactly the most objective or reliable metric for quality. Just sayin'... I think you need to go do some research on Consumer Reports, JD Power, or actually go see the cars yourself in person before jumping to conclusions based on decades-old personal experiences or anecdotes from friends.
Old 05-19-21 | 12:00 PM
Toys4RJill
Lexus Fanatic

Uninspiring exterior
Old 05-19-21 | 10:56 PM
Fizzboy7
Lexus Test Driver

No matter how you slice it, seriously UGLY rear end. There is no need to keep making specialty cars unattractive.
Old 05-20-21 | 03:29 AM
mbarron37
Advanced

I like it, very modern. Range looks good as well 👍👍
Old 05-20-21 | 05:04 AM
Hameed
EV ftw!!!

Originally Posted by mbarron37
I like it, very modern. Range looks good as well 👍👍
Agreed! It looks very promising indeed!👍😁
Old 05-20-21 | 09:54 AM
perfctreig
Intermediate

Originally Posted by Motorola
"My friends said so" isn't exactly the most objective or reliable metric for quality. Just sayin'... I think you need to go do some research on Consumer Reports, JD Power, or actually go see the cars yourself in person before jumping to conclusions based on decades-old personal experiences or anecdotes from friends.
Wow, surprised to see someone actually defend Hyundai/Kia on a Toyota forum.

My experience is also more recent, I occasionally drive one of our Kia Niro subcompact econoboxes here at work. Damn things are almost as bad as the glorified golf carts we had (a.k.a. Toyota Prius) prior. They get on the freeway in about twenty minutes and are cramped beyond belief. Also, I can see them falling apart quickly.

Meanwhile, my 22 year old SC400 is holding up quite well.
Old 05-20-21 | 10:26 AM
Toys4RJill
Lexus Fanatic

before jumping to conclusions based on decades-old personal experiences or anecdotes from friends.

My experience is also more recent, I occasionally drive one of our Kia Niro subcompact econoboxes here at work. Damn things are almost as bad as the glorified golf carts we had (a.k.a. Toyota Prius) prior. They get on the freeway in about twenty minutes and are cramped beyond belief. Also, I can see them falling apart quickly.

My brother had a Hyundai Elantra GT, nice car BUT...engine had to replaced just before warranty expired. Constant CEL issues. Exhaust needed to be replaced. My other brother has a Palisade...so far so good, his interior was. not subject to smelly recall for the headrests.

Last edited by Toys4RJill; 05-20-21 at 11:01 AM.
Old 05-20-21 | 10:59 AM
perfctreig
Intermediate

Originally Posted by LexsCTJill
My brother had a Hyundai Elantra GT, nice car BUT...engine had to replaced just before warranty expired. Constant CEL issues. Exhaust needed to be replaced. My other brother has a Palisade...so far so good, his interior subject to smelly recall for the headrests.
oh, man, I totally forgot about my friend's Hyundai Excel. That was a massive failure. We still laugh about it.
Old 05-20-21 | 12:37 PM
Motorola
Lexus Test Driver

Why surprise? Most people here are not stuck 20 years in the past.

Yes, it makes perfect sense to compare a Kia Niro to an SC400.

Since it competes directly with the Prius, it sounds like it's doing its job.
Old 05-20-21 | 01:09 PM
Toys4RJill
Lexus Fanatic

Most people here are not stuck 20 years in the past.

Hyundai products from 20 year are not as bad as as some on here are making it. I don’t recall hyundai products, having a warning not to park outside 20 years ago because of engine fires.
Old 05-20-21 | 02:33 PM
Motorola
Lexus Test Driver

Hyundai products from 20 year are not as bad as as some on here are making it. I don’t recall hyundai products, having a warning not to park outside 20 years ago because of engine fires.
Hyundai/Kia products from 20 years ago literally fell apart if you breathed on them.

I'd take a couple pre-emptive recalls over that any day. If you don't like recalls, feel free to join Honda and Toyota in getting investigated by the NHTSA for spontaneous fires and sudden loss of steering, all in the past year.
Old 05-20-21 | 03:10 PM
Toys4RJill
Lexus Fanatic

Hyundai/Kia products from 20 years ago literally fell apart if you breathed on them.

I'd take a couple pre-emptive recalls over that any day. If you don't like recalls, feel free to join Honda and Toyota in getting investigated by the NHTSA for spontaneous fires and sudden loss of steering, all in the past year.
20 to 30-year-old Hyundai’s are not as bad as people say....and newer ones are not as good as people claim.
Old 05-20-21 | 03:12 PM
FatherTo1
Racer

Originally Posted by EZZ
Fun video. Kia is doing stuff that gets good attention and the silhouette of the EV6 reminds me of the Lucid Air. I like that tagline, "Movement that Inspires". A lot better than the cliche, "Experience Amazing", especially when there isn't much amazing in the Lexus stable. I am surprised Lexus continues to have record profit quarters. To me, the brand is losing psychological market share.
Old 05-20-21 | 03:13 PM
Motorola
Lexus Test Driver

20 to 30-year-old Hyundai’s are not as bad as people say....and newer ones are not as good as people claim.
Which "people"? And under what metric?

Advocating for a Hyundai Excel over a Palisade is a strange hill to die on.
Old 05-20-21 | 03:14 PM
Toys4RJill
Lexus Fanatic

Originally Posted by FatherTo1
Fun video. Kia is doing stuff that gets good attention and the silhouette of the EV6 reminds me of the Lucid Air. I like that tagline, "Movement that Inspires". A lot better than the cliche, "Experience Amazing", especially when there isn't much amazing in the Lexus stable. I am surprised Lexus continues to have record profit quarters. To me, the brand is losing psychological market share.
Have you ever considered that you might have outgrown Lexus? People do move on from brands. In my opinion almost every Lexus is more exciting than any Kia

Quick Reply: Kia EV6