EV Chat General discussion about electrified Lexus, other EV vehicle manufacturers and BEV, PHEV related industry news.

Audi E-Tron GT

Search this Thread

Old 08-09-21, 07:28 AM
JeffKeryk
Racer

Received 557 Likes on 376 Posts

Beautiful car but from an EV standpoint it is disappointing. 238 mile range? Please...
Sandy Munro has been disassembling EVs and comparing them against each other.
The Tesla Model 3 has a smaller battery and better drivetrain efficiency.
Better engineering results in far more range and shorter charge times.

As far as handling and performance, these cars pale in comparison to the performance Teslas.
Fit and finish is, of course, stellar in these cars. Tesla has improved but build quality is the Germans forte.
Old 08-09-21, 08:10 AM
bitkahuna
Lexus Fanatic

Received 2,504 Likes on 1,646 Posts

Originally Posted by JeffKeryk
Beautiful car but from an EV standpoint it is disappointing. 238 mile range? Please...

and tesla's range claims don't hold up in the real world ... model 3 performance test here... 272 miles.

Sandy Munro has been disassembling EVs and comparing them against each other.
sandy munro is an egotistical attention ***** with a hitler moustache who refers to his fans as 'boys and girls'. he's the scotty kilmer of EVs.

look at the smugness stating the obvious... he's said we'll get to 50%+ ev production by 2030, and now 2028 yet he's included hybrids in there too... so, duh...

as he says "you heard it here first" - year right sandy.

Old 08-09-21, 09:26 AM
LeX2K
Lexus Fanatic

Received 3,055 Likes on 2,567 Posts

Originally Posted by bitkahuna
sandy munro is an egotistical attention ***** with a hitler moustache who refers to his fans as 'boys and girls'. he's the scotty kilmer of EVs.
That's all you've got? Calling people hitler-esque? I thought this type of hyperbole wasn't allowed.

Munro tear down videos are excellent plus the guy has been in the auto biz for decades companies pay his firm top dollar consulting fees.
Old 08-10-21, 08:48 AM
JeffKeryk
Racer

and tesla's range claims don't hold up in the real world ... model 3 performance test here... 272 miles.
2021 Tesla Model 3 Performance range test - YouTube

look at the smugness stating the obvious... he's said we'll get to 50%+ ev production by 2030, and now 2028 yet he's included hybrids in there too... so, duh...

Sandy's 2030 EV Prediction - YouTube
You made my point. The Model 3 range surpasses the Audi by a bunch. The mighty Porsche Audi engineering fails in the EV space. "Wait till the big boys get in..."

Sandy Munro is highly respected in the auto analysis business, mustache and all. Manufacturers pay his company big bucks for his recommendations. Can you name another anywhere close to him?
Old 08-10-21, 08:54 AM
LeX2K
Lexus Fanatic

Received 3,055 Likes on 2,567 Posts

Sandy routinely says good things about Tesla, better compare him to hitler.

Still haven't warmed to the looks of the GT something off about it. Could be far worse and I see how some really like it.
Old 08-10-21, 11:48 AM
bitkahuna
Lexus Fanatic

Received 2,504 Likes on 1,646 Posts

You made my point. The Model 3 range surpasses the Audi by a bunch. The mighty Porsche Audi engineering fails in the EV space. "Wait till the big boys get in..."
comparing the etron-gt to the model 3 is a joke... they're entirely different. The model 3 is as interesting inside as a cereal box. The etron-gt, a work of art.

Sandy Munro is highly respected in the auto analysis business, mustache and all. Manufacturers pay his company big bucks for his recommendations. Can you name another anywhere close to him?
If the guy's so busy with auto makers, why is he on youtube so much, and man are his videos boring, especially since the guy rarely ever smiles.

He loves to say over and over "when i worked at ford..." but it looks like he left in 1988, 33 years ago... so not relevant. His 'tear down' business is neat, and can save companies time and money for sure, getting an outside thorough assessment. Being an analyst of what's being done by actual current engineers is different than being an actual current auto engineer, but not saying the guy's a fool, he's not, i just find his persona revolting.
Old 08-11-21, 12:30 PM
JeffKeryk
Racer

comparing the etron-gt to the model 3 is a joke... they're entirely different. The model 3 is as interesting inside as a cereal box. The etron-gt, a work of art.
No doubt the Germans make beautiful cars. Fit and finish is their thing. But as far as EV tech, they are 10 years behind Tesla. That's my point. By the way, prefer the futuristic approach of the Tesla, that's one reason I bought one. The Audi is beautiful, but more of the same. Each to their own.

If the guy's so busy with auto makers, why is he on youtube so much, and man are his videos boring, especially since the guy rarely ever smiles.

He loves to say over and over "when i worked at ford..." but it looks like he left in 1988, 33 years ago... so not relevant. His 'tear down' business is neat, and can save companies time and money for sure, getting an outside thorough assessment. Being an analyst of what's being done by actual current engineers is different than being an actual current auto engineer, but not saying the guy's a fool, he's not, i just find his persona revolting.
Your opinion of what Sandy Munro looks like is fine, but I am not sure how that helps. If he is not relevant, I have to wonder why companies, including Ford, come to him to reengineer their cars?

Last edited by bitkahuna; 08-11-21 at 07:31 PM.
Old 08-11-21, 12:36 PM
Toys4RJill
Lexus Fanatic

Received 69 Likes on 60 Posts

Sandy's 2030 EV Prediction - YouTube
That video is unbelievable. Currently the battery electric take rate is at 2.4%
Old 08-11-21, 12:49 PM
Toys4RJill
Lexus Fanatic

Doesn’t the model three weight between 1000 to 1500 pounds less than an Audi or a Porsche? So it’s a little odd to compare them.
Old 08-11-21, 01:45 PM
EZZ
Lexus Test Driver

Received 228 Likes on 171 Posts

Originally Posted by LexsCTJill
Doesn’t the model three weight between 1000 to 1500 pounds less than an Audi or a Porsche? So it’s a little odd to compare them.
Well you can compare it to the Model S which trounced it in range. 400 miles EPA or 320 miles from C&D which is still far better than the ETron. Let's not talk about speed as it gets trounced there too.
Old 08-11-21, 01:47 PM
Toys4RJill
Lexus Fanatic

Originally Posted by EZZ
Well you can compare it to the Model S which trounced it in range. 400 miles EPA or 320 miles from C&D which is still far better than the ETron. Let's not talk about speed as it gets trounced there too.
I specifically asked the other member about the Tesla 3
Old 08-11-21, 01:51 PM
EZZ
Lexus Test Driver

Received 228 Likes on 171 Posts

I specifically asked the other member about the Tesla 3
You said it wasn't comparable so I provided the Model S which is comparable in price but superior in range and performance. I don't see the problem.
Old 08-11-21, 05:03 PM
Hameed
EV ftw!!!

Received 320 Likes on 196 Posts

That video is unbelievable. Currently the battery electric take rate is at 2.4%
That's how it was with ICE cars a century ago when a horse drawn buggy was the main mode of movement.
Old 08-11-21, 05:06 PM
Toys4RJill
Lexus Fanatic

Originally Posted by Hameed
That's how it was with ICE cars a century ago when a horse drawn buggy was the main mode of movement.
A century ago + ago, electric cars were more prevalent than ICE cars. Did you know that? Bet you never knew that ICE cars were invented after battery electrics. But people at that time realized that charging takes way too loooonnnnggg

Last edited by Toys4RJill; 08-11-21 at 05:09 PM.
Old 08-11-21, 05:22 PM
SW17LS
Lexus Fanatic

Received 2,772 Likes on 1,979 Posts

A century ago + ago, electric cars were more prevalent than ICE cars. Did you know that? Bet you never knew that ICE cars were invented after battery electrics. But people at that time realized that charging takes way too loooonnnng
That wasn’t at all the reason but okay.

Quick Reply: Audi E-Tron GT