EV Chat General discussion about electrified Lexus, other EV vehicle manufacturers and BEV, PHEV related industry news.

F150 Lightning

Search this Thread

Old 09-05-21, 04:32 PM
rosskoss
Advanced

Received 1 Like on 1 Post
Default Seriously considering one of these (Ford Lightning Pro)

https://www.caranddriver.com/news/a3...evealed-specs/

...Ford Lightning Pro.

~$33,000 with federal tax credit for a full-size pickup truck with supercar acceleration, zero gas costs, ability to keep the lights on at home for a few hours / days if the power goes out and F150 toughness. Also has the 12" touchscreen which I like! 90% of my commute will be in town well under 230 miles so this really makes a lot of sense on paper to me.

However, I really want a panoramic roof and I can't figure out if the Lightning Pro comes with that option. My search online has not turned up any info. and I'm starting to doubt if it even comes with a moonroof because this truck is being marketed as the work truck / fleet edition. Anyone happen to know?

Last edited by rosskoss; 09-05-21 at 04:37 PM.
Old 09-05-21, 05:19 PM
swajames
Pole Position

Received 723 Likes on 452 Posts

Originally Posted by rosskoss
https://www.caranddriver.com/news/a3...evealed-specs/

...Ford Lightning Pro.

~$33,000 with federal tax credit for a full-size pickup truck with supercar acceleration, zero gas costs, ability to keep the lights on at home for a few hours / days if the power goes out and F150 toughness. Also has the 12" touchscreen which I like! 90% of my commute will be in town well under 230 miles so this really makes a lot of sense on paper to me.

However, I really want a panoramic roof and I can't figure out if the Lightning Pro comes with that option. My search online has not turned up any info. and I'm starting to doubt if it even comes with a moonroof because this truck is being marketed as the work truck / fleet edition. Anyone happen to know?
I understand that the Pro and XLT models do not have a moonroof, the Lariat does have the moonroof as an option and the moonroof is standard on the Platinum. All of that could change as the on sale date draws closer. You'd think they would be happy to take your money and allow it as an option. Time will tell...
Old 09-05-21, 07:01 PM
rosskoss
Advanced

Received 1 Like on 1 Post

Originally Posted by swajames
I understand that the Pro and XLT models do not have a moonroof, the Lariat does have the moonroof as an option and the moonroof is standard on the Platinum. All of that could change as the on sale date draws closer. You'd think they would be happy to take your money and allow it as an option. Time will tell...
Thanks for the info! Very helpful.

It's a real bummer that they don't offer this as an option.
Old 09-06-21, 10:57 PM
ST430
Pole Position

Received 127 Likes on 68 Posts

If you are just considering now, you'll want to put a deposit asap as there's about a 2 year wait on them....
Old 12-06-21, 12:47 PM
MPalmer
CL Editor

Received 32 Likes on 16 Posts
Default 2022 F-150 Lightning FIRST LOOK -- Riding the Lightning!

Hey, folks! Palmer here from the ClubLexus front page editorial team. I recently attended a Ford dealership event that included a ride along in the 2022 F150 Lightning (that's the all-electric one for those who don't follow Ford)... 563 hp and 775 lb-ft of torque... Here's my full write up and video review over on CL's sister site, Ford Truck Enthusiasts -- https://www.ford-trucks.com/articles...the-lightning/

Anyone here on the Lightning reservation list or thinking about getting a Rivian or Cyber Truck?
Old 12-06-21, 01:14 PM
Toys4RJill
Lexus Fanatic

Received 69 Likes on 60 Posts

Great video. I love your style I find the F150 interesting as they can use so many parts from the gas/hybrid models to give Ford a big advantage from cost and economies of scale. Interesting how Ford is commenting on future service and repairs before the model is even released, that does not sound re-assuring. The front truck is really cool. I really enjoyed the deep-dive into the frame and chassis
Old 12-06-21, 01:23 PM
swajames
Pole Position

Received 723 Likes on 452 Posts

I have an F150 Lightning day-one reservation and also have a CyberTruck reservation. I am almost certainly going to cancel the CyberTruck reservation, but will wait until closer to the launch to see what the production truck looks like.
Old 12-06-21, 01:52 PM
Hameed
EV ftw!!!

Received 320 Likes on 196 Posts

I have a day 1 reservation for a CyberTruck.

​​​​​If I like the production version I'll keep it otherwise I'll flip it. Reserved two more recently just to flip them.
Old 12-12-21, 04:55 PM
mmarshall
Lexus Fanatic

Received 88 Likes on 87 Posts
Default Ford Cuts Off F-150 Lightning Reservations

I'm not sure if the moderators will want to combine this with earlier Lightning threads or keep it as a separate thread, but, like with the Hybrid Maverick crossover-compact trucks, the all-electric (BEV) Ford Lightning is also sold out for the initial (2023) model-year. Production is scheduled to start in May 2022, and the factory already has reservations/orders at capacity....they have cut off new orders.

None of this surprises me, given the continuing popularity of the F-150 line itself, and the fact that it provides a conventionally styled/desgned alternative to the pyramid-shaped Tesla Cybertruck.....although one might also be able to say that about the much less well-known Rivian electric truck.

https://www.cnbc.com/2021/12/09/ford...ls-cramer.html

Ford stops reservations for F-150 Lightning electric pickup due to strong demand, CEO tells Cramer

PUBLISHED THU, DEC 9 20211:28 PM ESTUPDATED THU, DEC 9 20215:40 PM EST
Matthew J. Belvedere@MATT_BELVEDEREIn this article
WATCH NOW
VIDEO10:38
Our business is gaining health and momentum, says Ford CEO Jim Farley
Ford CEO Jim Farley said Thursday that interest in the automaker’s soon-to-launch F-150 Lightning electric pickup truck is so great that it had to stop taking reservations.

“We are completely oversubscribed with our battery electric vehicles, Lightning especially,” Farley said in an interview during a special live online event, “CNBC Investing Club: Jim Cramer’s Game Plan for 2022.”

“We had to stop reservations we got so many,” Farley added. “We stopped at 200,000, and those are orders. Hard orders.”

Farley said Ford, a core holding in Cramer’s charitable trust, is pushing full production capacity at “70,000 or 80,000 units” for the Lightning, the all-electric version of America’s decadeslong best-selling F-series pickup truck.

Ford Motor Company’s chief executive officer Jim Farley poses next to the newly unveiled electric F-150 Lightning outside of their headquarters in Dearborn, Michigan on May 19, 2021.
Jeff Kowalsky | AFP | Getty Images“We’re going to try to double that,” he said. “We’ve done it in the past. Don’t bet against Ford when we have to increase capacity. This is what we do.” The Lightning is expected to arrive in dealerships by mid-2022.

Cramer has touted Farley’s ability to execute a turnaround at Ford since Farley was promoted from chief operating officer to the top job, effective Oct. 1, 2020. The stock has soared since then, gaining nearly 200% as of Wednesday’s closing price of $19.81.

“We started recommending Ford Motor to ‘Mad Money’ viewers way back in October of last year. The stock was trading at seven bucks and change,” Cramer recalled during the special on Thursday. “Just over a month later, we took our own advice and bought it for the charitable trust.”

Ford Motor (F)

Viewers of CNBC have seen Cramer talking about Farley and how he hopes to beat Tesla and Elon Musk in electric vehicles. Cramer tried to get Farley to call out Musk. The Ford CEO did not take the bait, mostly.

Farley said, “I’m a race car driver. Second place is the first loser.” He added, in a veiled reference to Musk, “I can’t keep track of the other racers. All I know is there’s one finish line and we are motivated to get there.”

In an interview with Automotive News last month, he said he plans to increase EV production capacity to 600,000 units globally by 2023. He expects that would make Ford the No. 2 electric-vehicle maker, presumably behind Tesla but possibly General Motors, which plans to sell 1 million electric vehicles globally by 2025.

Farley also ran through a bunch of other hot-button issues.
Old 12-12-21, 07:59 PM
sivikvtec
Intermediate

Received 4 Likes on 3 Posts

Does it REALLY bother anyone else how poorly that stupid light bar above the grille lines up with the headlights?? It’s misaligned in every photo of this thing I’ve ever seen.
Old 12-13-21, 05:53 AM
MDlexus
Intermediate

Received 47 Likes on 24 Posts

Originally Posted by sivikvtec
Does it REALLY bother anyone else how poorly that stupid light bar above the grille lines up with the headlights?? It’s misaligned in every photo of this thing I’ve ever seen.

First thing I saw. I was going to post same.
Old 12-13-21, 06:16 AM
bitkahuna
Lexus Fanatic

Received 2,504 Likes on 1,646 Posts

Originally Posted by sivikvtec
it's a prototype with a motorized front trunk opener. it will be fixed.
Old 12-13-21, 02:42 PM
AJT123
Lexus Champion

Received 234 Likes on 196 Posts

I'm so impressed!

Now, let's hook up a 3 ton boat, hit I-40 mountains between Knoxville and Asheville, the Smokeys, and lower the temperature outside to winter conditions and see how far that range drops. I'm betting 50 miles towing under less than ideal conditions like cold or heat. Wouldn't even make it to Asheville from Knox, I'd bet.

Completely pointless.
Old 12-13-21, 03:34 PM
JeffKeryk
Racer

Received 557 Likes on 376 Posts

"Ford stops reservations for F-150 Lightning electric pickup due to strong demand, CEO tells Cramer"

This doesn't make sense. Reservations are a good thing. What's the problem with reservations? Is Ford losing money on every one like GM does with the Bolt?
Old 12-13-21, 03:47 PM
LeX2K
Lexus Fanatic

Received 3,055 Likes on 2,567 Posts

Ford should be making a decent profit since much of the trucks components are carry overs. I don't see where Ford is going to get anywhere near the battery capacity needed to meet their production goals.

Quick Reply: F150 Lightning