EV Chat General discussion about electrified Lexus, other EV vehicle manufacturers and BEV, PHEV related industry news.

Tesla Model S Plaid

Search this Thread

Old 03-10-22, 11:45 AM
Toys4RJill
Lexus Fanatic

Received 64 Likes on 55 Posts

Originally Posted by Hoovey689
Maybe I'm in the minority, but I wish all dealers were factory and not franchise
All good.

I just like competition. Lack of competition selling a particular item is never good for the consumer. IMO
Old 03-10-22, 12:54 PM
AMIRZA786
Lexus Champion

Received 2,109 Likes on 1,641 Posts

While we are on the topic of Tesla, a business park near my work was completely shut down due to power being cut by PG&E so Tesla chargers could be installed. The Optometry business there is where I get my eye glasses which is why this particular incident caught my eye

https://sanfrancisco.cbslocal.com/20...hem-thousands/
Old 03-10-22, 01:46 PM
rominl
exclusive matchup

Received 190 Likes on 148 Posts

Originally Posted by AMIRZA786
I disagree with that. If you have a 5 year old Corolla or Civic that's paid off and you run out and buy a $50k model 3 solely to save gas, then that statement would apply. Anyway, you shouldn't run out and buy a $50k Model 3, or any $50k EV just to save gas, unless that was your budget, you were looking for something practical that's fast, fun, and will have the added advantage of saving money on gas. Did I confuse you enough?
the delta difference between model 3 and equivalent car is small enough for people to justify the extra cost on EV is to cover the cost for gas. actually quit a few people i know got into the model 3 and Y for this very reason so i know it is legit.

i have yet to know a model s owner saying he got the car so he could save money on gas vs getting a s class
Old 03-10-22, 03:07 PM
Hameed
EV ftw!!!

Received 299 Likes on 180 Posts

Originally Posted by rominl
i have yet to know a model s owner saying he got the car so he could save money on gas vs getting a s class
One of the reasons (albeit a silly one considering how much the car costs to begin ) I was very much looking forward to when I got rid of my GS400 and got the Model S was the fact that I could now accelerate as fast as I wanted to and not spend a single dime on gas
Old 03-10-22, 03:13 PM
patgilm
Lead Lap

Received 285 Likes on 202 Posts

Not sure how you Tesla people deal with service but it has to be the most frustrating part of ownership. I am still looking at my crappy door panel without the carbon fiber trim that still rattles when I close it for the lack of rubber seal. I have had three or four appointments now to get it replaced and on the day or near the day of service it gets pushed out another 2 weeks. Now my next appointment is for March 26th and who knows if it will just get pushed out further. By that time it will be two months staring at this crappy door panel. I would have rather them just tell me it will be two months rather than get excited the day of service only to get an email that it is getting pushed 2 more weeks.

Last edited by patgilm; 03-10-22 at 03:50 PM.
Old 03-10-22, 03:23 PM
EZZ
Lexus Test Driver

Received 227 Likes on 170 Posts

Originally Posted by patgilm
Not sure how you Tesla people deal with service but it has to be the most frustrating part of ownership. I am still looking at my crappy door panel without the carbon fiber trim that still rattles when I close it for the lack of ribbed seal. I have had three or four appointments now to get it replaced and on the day or near the day of service it gets pushed out another 2 weeks. Now my next appointment is for March 26th and who knows if it will just get pushed out further. By that time it will be two months staring at this crappy door panel. I would have rather them just tell me it will be two months rather than get excited the day of service only to get an email that it is getting pushed 2 more weeks.
I have 4 service centers right next to me so service was always easy. Admittedly, I only used them once on my FM module and that was very quick and painless. My car has been perfect since so no need for service. (knock on wood).
Old 03-10-22, 03:43 PM
AMIRZA786
Lexus Champion

Received 2,109 Likes on 1,641 Posts

A bit of a change of scenery. Will Tesla's safety systems allow it to hit a cat? Let's find out

https://insideevs.com/news/572657/te...y-system-test/
Old 03-10-22, 04:20 PM
Hameed
EV ftw!!!

Not sure how you Tesla people deal with service but it has to be the most frustrating part of ownership. I am still looking at my crappy door panel without the carbon fiber trim that still rattles when I close it for the lack of rubber seal. I have had three or four appointments now to get it replaced and on the day or near the day of service it gets pushed out another 2 weeks. Now my next appointment is for March 26th and who knows if it will just get pushed out further. By that time it will be two months staring at this crappy door panel. I would have rather them just tell me it will be two months rather than get excited the day of service only to get an email that it is getting pushed 2 more weeks.
Us "Tesla people" have been "lucky" in the 3 years I've owned mine. Service has so far been amazing and prompt.
Old 03-10-22, 05:24 PM
patgilm
Lead Lap

Received 285 Likes on 202 Posts

Originally Posted by Hameed
Us "Tesla people" have been "lucky" in the 3 years I've owned mine. Service has so far been amazing and prompt.
LOL I’m just a “newbie Tesla person” just trying to learn from you all and learning from my own mistakes. I’ll be a veteran soon.
Old 03-10-22, 05:38 PM
Hameed
EV ftw!!!

LOL I’m just a “newbie Tesla person” just trying to learn from you all and learning from my own mistakes. I’ll be a veteran soon.
I was just giving you a hard time 😉. Service is a hit and miss with Tesla for sure.
Old 03-11-22, 05:11 AM
bitkahuna
Lexus Fanatic

Received 2,405 Likes on 1,577 Posts

all: this thread is about the plaid, not gas prices, franchise dealers vs direct, model 3 price increases, service (unless a plaid), etc.

please stay on topic, thanks.

Last edited by bitkahuna; 03-11-22 at 05:16 AM.
Old 03-11-22, 07:59 AM
plex
1UZFE/2JZGTE

Received 75 Likes on 58 Posts

I'm a fan of the Plaid wouldn't mind one as a 2nd car to the Supra but I will probably spend more time in the Plaid lol.
Old 03-11-22, 08:07 AM
EZZ
Lexus Test Driver

Originally Posted by plex
I'm a fan of the Plaid wouldn't mind one as a 2nd car to the Supra but I will probably spend more time in the Plaid lol.
Wouldn't the Plaid be the 1st car...the Supra would mostly do garage duty as its a classic. Supra vs. Plaid would be a fun race
Old 03-11-22, 09:14 AM
plex
1UZFE/2JZGTE

Received 75 Likes on 58 Posts

Originally Posted by EZZ
Wouldn't the Plaid be the 1st car...the Supra would mostly do garage duty as its a classic. Supra vs. Plaid would be a fun race
That's true, Supra is already a garage queen ha ha.

Good Plaid v Supra run below, my Supra is making about half the power of that Supra

Old 03-11-22, 09:55 AM
EZZ
Lexus Test Driver

Originally Posted by plex
That's true, Supra is already a garage queen ha ha.

Good Plaid v Supra run below, my Supra is making about half the power of that Supra

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=Px9l4zMc6R0
That Supra wasn't trying that hard granny shifting that thing . That Plaid was limited at 162mph so the Supra flew by after that. Its amazing how much horsepower the car can handle given when the car launched. Only now can something match that thing in production form and basically have to be the next generation technology.

Quick Reply: Tesla Model S Plaid