EV Chat General discussion about electrified Lexus, other EV vehicle manufacturers and BEV, PHEV related industry news.

Tesla Model S Plaid

Search this Thread

Old 04-11-22, 07:20 PM
bitkahuna
Lexus Fanatic

Received 2,405 Likes on 1,577 Posts

Originally Posted by SW17LS
And a 911 GT2RS is considerably more money than the Plaid, and only has 2 seats.
we're talking about value, not seats... if you want loads of seats, get a minivan, oh wait.

The Plaid is a very good value for the performance it brings to the table.
i agree. so is a c8 corvette. and neither is very luxurious.

To be clear this is your OPINION. (just parroting what you feed me).
my saying the plaid is pretty pointless is indeed my opinion, and clearly others are free to disagree. i believe the 'regular' S does 0-60 in under 4 seconds, which imo is still blazing fast. having the extra plaid speed brings bragging rights for sure though, even though imo the opportunities to use all that power are very limited.

I have very little interest in a coupe, few people do which is why hardly anybody makes them anymore.
you have kids and probably clients you have to transport, and want a usable back seat, so it's understandable that you and a lot of people aren't interested in coupes.

if i have more than 1 to transport, or they're not agile enough to get in/out of the coupe, i take the suv. did that recently with my aunt and uncle who visited.
Old 04-11-22, 08:46 PM
JeffKeryk
Racer

Received 516 Likes on 352 Posts

Originally Posted by Striker223
The fact you even try and compare them says it all
I know. Pretty embarrassing for the Veyron; even more so the really expensive ones.
Wait for the Roadster 2...
Old 04-11-22, 08:51 PM
JeffKeryk
Racer

Received 516 Likes on 352 Posts

Originally Posted by AMIRZA786
@patgilm said it best: "Even with all of the things I don’t think it does well, the feel of the powertrain is incredible and really does make regular ICE engines feel dated. I do love a good ICE engine on the weekends but it’s going to be hard for me to get another daily driver that is better even with its shortcomings"

Damn. I feel exactly the same way. It's not about the speed, at least for me, it's the way they drive. Every ICE I drive or drive in as a passenger feels dated, I'm talking new cars. Other than owning an ICE as a weekend or spare car, I can't go back
Exactly. For what I do, I can not see myself buying another ICE car. Just too much hassle (gas stations, oil changes, plugs, brake pads, etc). Too many shortcomings beyond the right now torque.
Old 04-11-22, 09:15 PM
AMIRZA786
Lexus Champion

Received 2,109 Likes on 1,641 Posts

Originally Posted by JeffKeryk
I know. Pretty embarrassing for the Veyron; even more so the really expensive ones.
I like the way you turned that into a positive. Too bad I was drinking something at the time, my wife thought either I was chocking, or crazy. Take your pick...
Old 04-11-22, 09:19 PM
Striker223
Lexus Champion

Received 1,205 Likes on 894 Posts

Originally Posted by JeffKeryk
Tesla interior and general quality is lower than that of mainstream cars.
Old 04-11-22, 09:51 PM
AMIRZA786
Lexus Champion

Tesla interior and general quality is lower than that of mainstream cars.
Model S actually have good quality comfortable seats. I could go on a long trip or daily with no problems. For $1.9M us, the frickin Veyron better have high quality seats, or I want my money back
Old 04-11-22, 10:02 PM
Striker223
Lexus Champion

Model S actually have good quality comfortable seats. I could go on a long trip or daily with no problems. For $1.9M us, the frickin Veyron better have high quality seats, or I want my money back
Sure the S is okay.....until you compare it to an ES or 5 series even. It doesn't have a chance against its segment leaders hence my equation to it being a EV muscle car since that's what it is.
Old 04-11-22, 10:15 PM
AMIRZA786
Lexus Champion

Sure the S is okay.....until you compare it to an ES or 5 series even. It doesn't have a chance against its segment leaders hence my equation to it being a EV muscle car since that's what it is.
It's definitely not a luxury car, and I wouldn't classify it as a muscle car (muscle car guys would go nuts). I would call it a sporty GT with supercar performance
Old 04-11-22, 10:19 PM
Striker223
Lexus Champion

It's definitely not a luxury car, and I wouldn't classify it as a muscle car (muscle car guys would go nuts). I would call it a sporty GT with supercar performance
I mean.....4 doors, bad handling, extreme power and 1/4 performance in an "everyman's car" sorta package with mass market appeal? Hey I like muscle and started my trip there but it looks to me like this is the modern equivalent, it hits a lot of the signature points on the head minus the V8
Old 04-11-22, 10:30 PM
AMIRZA786
Lexus Champion

I mean.....4 doors, bad handling, extreme power and 1/4 performance in an "everyman's car" sorta package with mass market appeal? Hey I like muscle and started my trip there but it looks to me like this is the modern equivalent, it hits a lot of the signature points on the head minus the V8
Actually handles pretty well for a car that heavy. I wouldn't call it an "everyman's" car, at $130k it's out of reach for a lot of people. For most people, the regular Model S is more power than most need, and even that car is out of reach for a lot of people
Old 04-11-22, 11:09 PM
Striker223
Lexus Champion

Actually handles pretty well for a car that heavy. I wouldn't call it an "everyman's" car, at $130k it's out of reach for a lot of people. For most people, the regular Model S is more power than most need, and even that car is out of reach for a lot of people
Sure and most guys couldn't buy a 427 Chevelle or Vett or Tri-power, they bought the 350 and lied to themselves lol! That's why most buy the 3 etc.....
Old 04-12-22, 06:39 AM
SW17LS
Lexus Fanatic

Received 2,726 Likes on 1,953 Posts

Originally Posted by bitkahuna
we're talking about value, not seats... if you want loads of seats, get a minivan, oh wait.
The number of seats a car has has a great deal to do with value...

C8 Corvette is an incredible value, and its pretty luxurious.

my saying the plaid is pretty pointless is indeed my opinion, and clearly others are free to disagree. i believe the 'regular' S does 0-60 in under 4 seconds, which imo is still blazing fast. having the extra plaid speed brings bragging rights for sure though, even though imo the opportunities to use all that power are very limited.
Let me quote you *****ing at me in the other thread for exactly the same thing:

sorry it bothers you, but it's your style of stating your opinions as fact, and stating your opinion in a way that implies 'everyone' agrees with you so it's de facto true, which it isn't because it's subjective.
This is exactly the same thing. How about this, when someone posts something that is obviously their opinion....even if they don't say "in my opinion" lets respect its an opinion? Sound like a plan?

you have kids and probably clients you have to transport, and want a usable back seat, so it's understandable that you and a lot of people aren't interested in coupes.
I actually rarely have anybody in the car but me, I havent driven clients in years and my kids ride in my car maybe once or twice a month. I could have a coupe no problem, I just prefer 4 door cars in general.

if i have more than 1 to transport, or they're not agile enough to get in/out of the coupe, i take the suv. did that recently with my aunt and uncle who visited.
Thats exactly what I would do
Old 04-12-22, 06:44 AM
AJT123
Lexus Champion

Received 217 Likes on 182 Posts

C8 is very luxurious. Always has been comfortable but now it finally has a really, really good interior. It's always been a great daily driver and comfy travel car for two. Yeah yeah it still may not match a Porsche that costs 2 times as much but C8 has quite a nice interior, miles better than any Tesla that's for sure. I'd personally go for this tan.
Old 04-12-22, 06:46 AM
SW17LS
Lexus Fanatic

Received 2,726 Likes on 1,953 Posts

Originally Posted by AJT123
C8 is very luxurious. Always has been comfortable but now it finally has a really, really good interior. It's always been a great daily driver and comfy travel car for two. Yeah yeah it still may not match a Porsche that costs 2 times as much but C8 has quite a nice interior, miles better than any Tesla that's for sure. I'd personally go for this tan.
Totally, no clue where he's coming from there lol

Porsches aren't that luxurious actually, I would say build quality is better but a 911 is no more "luxurious" than a C8. One of my agents has a 911 Cab and I was in it yesterday.

Old 04-12-22, 06:53 AM
AJT123
Lexus Champion

Received 217 Likes on 182 Posts

Originally Posted by SW17LS
Totally, no clue where he's coming from there lol

Porsches aren't that luxurious actually, I would say build quality is better but a 911 is no more "luxurious" than a C8. One of my agents has a 911 Cab and I was in it yesterday.

I agree with your whole post, build quality is a little better but GM is closing that gap pretty quickly. You can sure MAKE a Porsche nice inside, get leather trimmed vents etc. But they nickel and dime you TO DEATH for all of that.

Quick Reply: Tesla Model S Plaid