EV Chat General discussion about electrified Lexus, other EV vehicle manufacturers and BEV, PHEV related industry news.

Tesla Model S Plaid

Search this Thread

Old 04-12-22, 06:57 AM
SW17LS
Lexus Fanatic

Received 2,741 Likes on 1,962 Posts

Originally Posted by AJT123
I agree with your whole post, build quality is a little better but GM is closing that gap pretty quickly. You can sure MAKE a Porsche nice inside, get leather trimmed vents etc. But they nickel and dime you TO DEATH for all of that.
And when you figure that a 911 can literally be twice the cost of a C8...

911 is NOT a value! Doesn't mean its not great...

And the Plaid is certainly luxurious, its just luxurious in a different way. Apple iPhones and Mac Books are luxurious in the way a Plaid is, its tech luxury.
Old 04-12-22, 07:15 AM
AJT123
Lexus Champion

Received 219 Likes on 184 Posts

Originally Posted by SW17LS
And when you figure that a 911 can literally be twice the cost of a C8...
911 is NOT a value! Doesn't mean its not great...
Please tell my friend that who sold me my truck, Porsche can do no wrong. I finally indulged him and built my 911 online (sports cars just aren't my thing though I certainly respect them/Porsche) and just to get a manual (all I would want is a base 911 with a stick and a few options) you have to pay extra just to get a M/T, and they just get you to death with options to where it's ridiculous. Even if I could afford that I would still be like WTF with the nickel and diming. I'm sure a 911 is fabulous to drive but correct, a value it is not. It is a great car though. To my buddy's credit, he has a sweeeeet 2008 911 in his garage, manual. He's going to let me drive it as soon as I'm healed enough to deal with a clutch.
Old 04-12-22, 07:34 AM
SW17LS
Lexus Fanatic

Please tell my friend that who sold me my truck, Porsche can do no wrong. I finally indulged him and built my 911 online (sports cars just aren't my thing though I certainly respect them/Porsche) and just to get a manual (all I would want is a base 911 with a stick and a few options) you have to pay extra just to get a M/T, and they just get you to death with options to where it's ridiculous. Even if I could afford that I would still be like WTF with the nickel and diming. I'm sure a 911 is fabulous to drive but correct, a value it is not. It is a great car though. To my buddy's credit, he has a sweeeeet 2008 911 in his garage, manual. He's going to let me drive it as soon as I'm healed enough to deal with a clutch.
Yeah she wanted a very basic 911 cabriolet. Its RWD, with only a few options...whats optional is really hilarious. BUT, on the other side of that its incredibly customizable. You can choose different color options for the different wheel desigs, different trim inserts, different badging on the exterior, 5 or 6 different headlight options...
Old 04-12-22, 07:55 AM
EZZ
Lexus Test Driver

Received 228 Likes on 171 Posts

Most 911 drivers never seem to drive fast. I see dozens of 911s everyday and they are just cruising everywhere. I see way more aggressive 3 series drivers

Of course most Vette drivers are worse. Puttin around at 60mph on the right lane. Infuriating
Old 04-12-22, 08:22 AM
rogers2
Racer

Received 13 Likes on 11 Posts

Trust me once you drive it you will understand why people love Porsche cars so much. IMO I could care less about electric/hybrid/Agility/Leather or whatever. I care more about how a car makes me feel. Everyone has different priorities.
I finally purchase my dream car a Bentley Continental GT Speed. Guess what after 3 months of ownership I hate it. Too much attention and it's sensitive to every little thing.
My next car will be a Telsa or another Porsche....
Old 04-12-22, 08:59 AM
TangoRed
Lead Lap

Received 24 Likes on 18 Posts

Originally Posted by rogers2
Trust me once you drive it you will understand why people love Porsche cars so much. IMO I could care less about electric/hybrid/Agility/Leather or whatever. I care more about how a car makes me feel. Everyone has different priorities.
I finally purchase my dream car a Bentley Continental GT Speed. Guess what after 3 months of ownership I hate it. Too much attention and it's sensitive to every little thing.
Hehe I always tell people not to buy Bentleys as their one aspirational car. They’re amazing daily drivers if you must be seen in a flashy car but should be complimented with other flashy cars in the garage. They don’t really do anything special enough otherwise.
Old 04-12-22, 09:40 AM
AJT123
Lexus Champion

Received 219 Likes on 184 Posts

Yeah she wanted a very basic 911 cabriolet. Its RWD, with only a few options...whats optional is really hilarious. BUT, on the other side of that its incredibly customizable. You can choose different color options for the different wheel desigs, different trim inserts, different badging on the exterior, 5 or 6 different headlight options...
That is cool for sure. And rich people can afford it all. But still, it's janky how Porsche nickel and dimes. Like I said, leather vents....that's cool though and people will pay whatever.

Originally Posted by rogers2
That's what my friend says, I certainly believe him (and you). I just don't care about sports cars, I want luxury. As we all know I like trucks too. But you're telling me you "hated" a Bentley after 3 months? Lol, I envy your problems! I would go Bentley if I had the money...but a plush sedan, not a Conti.

Originally Posted by TangoRed
Hehe I always tell people not to buy Bentleys as their one aspirational car. They’re amazing daily drivers if you must be seen in a flashy car but should be complimented with other flashy cars in the garage. They don’t really do anything special enough otherwise.
I'm fine, and lucky and fortunate with my lot in life but I'd be fine driving a Bentley and don't think I'd get sick of it or not find it special, lol.
Old 04-12-22, 12:02 PM
bitkahuna
Lexus Fanatic

Received 2,465 Likes on 1,617 Posts

C8 is very luxurious. Always has been comfortable but now it finally has a really, really good interior.
[/QUOTE]

i've sat in one and while the materials are an upgrade from the prior corvette, the design and usability is awful (imo) and fit and finish isn't great either, but glad you like it. and as your picture shows, the passenger can only be 6" wide. i keed.

Totally, no clue where he's coming from there lol
and there you go again with your passive aggressive.

Porsches aren't that luxurious actually,
of course this is just your opinion, and of course i totally disagree. i was recently in a panamera and LOVED the interior.

911 is NOT a value!
porsche has never been about 'value'. that's like saying a rolls royce is not a value. well duh.

And the Plaid is certainly luxurious,
in your opinion. in my opinion it 'certainly' isn't! even lots of others on here have said it isn't luxurious, just premium sport or something.
Old 04-12-22, 01:49 PM
rogers2
Racer

Received 13 Likes on 11 Posts

Originally Posted by TangoRed
My daily driver is a Lexus hybrid. So most of the time I'm undercover.
It's no way I could daily drive a Bentley. That W12 drinks gas... I do find the car very special but it's just not for me.

Last edited by rogers2; 04-12-22 at 01:55 PM.
Old 04-12-22, 02:40 PM
SW17LS
Lexus Fanatic

Originally Posted by bitkahuna
i've sat in one and while the materials are an upgrade from the prior corvette, the design and usability is awful (imo) and fit and finish isn't great either, but glad you like it. and as your picture shows, the passenger can only be 6" wide. i keed.
I've sat in them too, I find them plenty luxurious.

and there you go again with your passive aggressive.
Sorry, I don't know where you're coming from.

of course this is just your opinion, and of course i totally disagree. i was recently in a panamera and LOVED the interior.
We've been through this...of course these are my opinions.

Porsches have great interiors, they just aren't traditionally "luxurious", they're firm and teutonic, unadorned...its their style.

porsche has never been about 'value'. that's like saying a rolls royce is not a value. well duh.
Thank you, I'm well aware of that.

in your opinion. in my opinion it 'certainly' isn't! even lots of others on here have said it isn't luxurious, just premium sport or something.
Have you sat in a Plaid? Way improved from any previous Teslas, it just has an aesthetic that is not "traditionally luxurious", as Porsche does.

And again, lets dispense with the infutiating pointing out of things everybody realizes. Yes, its my opinion...everybody knows that.
Old 04-12-22, 03:15 PM
bitkahuna
Lexus Fanatic

Received 2,465 Likes on 1,617 Posts

We've been through this...of course these are my opinions.
you wrote:

Porsches aren't that luxurious actually,

which is authoritatively stated, as if it's fact, not your opinion. if instead you had written:

"i do not find porsches that luxurious" it's obvious it's your opinion.

Old 04-12-22, 03:25 PM
AMIRZA786
Lexus Champion

Received 2,170 Likes on 1,688 Posts

Boys, boys, now cut it out

Last edited by AMIRZA786; 04-12-22 at 03:30 PM.
Old 04-12-22, 03:56 PM
SW17LS
Lexus Fanatic

Originally Posted by bitkahuna
you wrote:

which is authoritatively stated, as if it's fact, not your opinion. if instead you had written:

"i do not find porsches that luxurious" it's obvious it's your opinion.
Youre just going to have to adapt to the idea that anything I or others say is of course our opinions. Why not just disagree with what I said instead of dragging the whole thread into an argument about how things are worded and typed?!

Shall I quote where you “authoritatively said” the C8 wasn’t luxurious? Come on, practice what you preach or quit preaching it.

Why can’t we just talk about cars without dissecting every little way people say things?!

Last edited by SW17LS; 04-12-22 at 04:01 PM.
Old 04-12-22, 04:07 PM
Hameed
EV ftw!!!

Received 314 Likes on 192 Posts

Have you sat in a Plaid? Way improved from any previous Teslas,
👍👍

I sat in one a week or two ago and absolutely loved it. It was plenty luxurious as far as I'm concerned. I know I'm a bit biased, but it's still plenty 'luxurious" to me.
Old 06-01-22, 12:02 PM
AMIRZA786
Lexus Champion

Received 2,170 Likes on 1,688 Posts

Tesla Model S Plaid VS Ferrari F8 Tributo and Audi R8. Even with a head start it's no use....

Last edited by AMIRZA786; 06-01-22 at 12:05 PM.

Quick Reply: Tesla Model S Plaid