EV Chat General discussion about electrified Lexus, other EV vehicle manufacturers and BEV, PHEV related industry news.

Tesla Model S Plaid

Search this Thread

Old 06-23-21, 08:28 AM
EZZ
Lexus Test Driver

Received 227 Likes on 170 Posts

Originally Posted by LexsCTJill
never understated. I don’t dislike Tesla either and I think I have said that I like Elon as well.

I am gonna take the high road here.
Sorry but that's hard to believe. Almost every single Tesla positive is criticized by you or downplayed. Some examples are OTA downloads and how OEMs can do it better, German performance superiority, Tesla losing money on every car they make etc etc.

Just seems like you enter Tesla threads to bash them.
Old 06-23-21, 08:36 AM
SW17LS
Lexus Fanatic

Received 2,726 Likes on 1,953 Posts

Originally Posted by EZZ
Sorry but that's hard to believe. Almost every single Tesla positive is criticized by you or downplayed. Some examples are OTA downloads and how OEMs can do it better, German performance superiority, Tesla losing money on every car they make etc etc.

I have to agree, this has been my observation as well. "Once "legacy carmakers" start selling EVs Tesla is done for" "EVs cant possibly be the future" etc
Old 06-23-21, 08:43 AM
EZZ
Lexus Test Driver

Originally Posted by SW17LS
I have to agree, this has been my observation as well. "Once "legacy carmakers" start selling EVs Tesla is done for" "EVs cant possibly be the future" etc
Honestly, I don't mind or care. Just be honest about it and say, "Tesla is garbage" or way overrated. Everybody has a right to their opinion.
Old 06-23-21, 08:48 AM
Toys4RJill
Lexus Fanatic

Received 64 Likes on 55 Posts

Originally Posted by EZZ

Then you are reading into things too much. I criticize Tesla because all brands have deserve to discuss it. Seeing the cons of Tesla is not a bad thing. The good things are worth discussing too.
Old 06-23-21, 08:49 AM
SW17LS
Lexus Fanatic

Received 2,726 Likes on 1,953 Posts

Whatever you say lol. We can read, Jill.
Old 06-23-21, 09:00 AM
Toys4RJill
Lexus Fanatic

Received 64 Likes on 55 Posts

Originally Posted by EZZ
Honestly, I don't mind or care. Just be honest about it and say, "Tesla is garbage" or way overrated. Everybody has a right to their opinion.
I don’t think Tesla is garbage. Look back in my past posts…I’ve driven the 3…a wonderful experience….$66K in Canada starting

so let me flip it around:

what 5 things do you think that Tesla does not do well at all? You are big fan of them so it would be interesting to view what you think might be worth of criticism.
Old 06-23-21, 09:39 AM
EZZ
Lexus Test Driver

Originally Posted by LexsCTJill
I don’t think Tesla is garbage. Look back in my past posts…I’ve driven the 3…a wonderful experience….$66K in Canada starting

so let me flip it around:

what 5 things do you think that Tesla does not do well at all? You are big fan of them so it would be interesting to view what you think might be worth of criticism.
There are many things to criticize such as quality, EPA range vs. actual range, lack of service centers, lack of infrastructure, time it takes to get repairs. I find that there are completely stupid arguments that are completely pointless like profitability as they are a growth company in the midst of expansion, Elon as CEO, and the stupid people killing themselves abusing autopilot. I hope i don't ever have to argue those points again as I feel dumber arguing them
Old 06-23-21, 09:44 AM
Hameed
EV ftw!!!

Received 299 Likes on 180 Posts

Originally Posted by EZZ
There are many things to criticize such as quality, EPA range vs. actual range, lack of service centers, lack of infrastructure, time it takes to get repairs. I find that there are completely stupid arguments that are completely pointless like profitability as they are a growth company in the midst of expansion, Elon as CEO, and the stupid people killing themselves abusing autopilot. I hope i don't ever have to argue those points again as I feel dumber arguing them
Second that.
Old 06-23-21, 10:14 AM
swajames
Pole Position

Received 655 Likes on 409 Posts

And thirded. Some of the arguments we see on here are simply asinine. People getting monumentally bent out of shape because of how Tesla choose to brand their autonomy, for example. Like it would be all be OK, if only they called it something else....
Old 06-23-21, 10:24 AM
bitkahuna
Lexus Fanatic

Received 2,405 Likes on 1,577 Posts

Originally Posted by SW17LS
I would take an EQS all day long over a Model S and I wouldnt even give the weight a second thought.
interesting. Even though you claim mercedes copied tesla, which they didn't.

If it werent for the Model S...there would be no EQS.
Maybe so but that doesn't mean mercedes copied tesla. When lexus came out with the ls400, did mercedes then copy lexus too? Absolutely not.

Tesla is the entire reason the car exists.
Tesla lit the fire for the EV market, but to say it's the 'entire reason' the eqs exists is a bit much. Mercedes isn't blind to the dozens of chinese ev makers either, or what lucid is doing... i'd say the Air is a MUCH bigger threat to an s-class than a model s.

Like was said above though the copying from a design perspective speaks to their interior layout. Even the hyperscreen, if it weren't for Tesla...there would be no hyperscreen.
That's your opinion. We'll just agree to disagree.

Lots of people here have diminished that, you included.
Not sure where you interpreted that i think tesla hasn't been a huge influence on the auto market. It was and is gigantic. Seimic. Nuclear. How else do i need to express it? That's still different than saying everyone's copying tesla. Certain aspects? Sure. Similarities? Sure. But it's like how whenever a car comes out from any maker there's usually posts on here saying how it copied something else. Ultimately cars are boxes in which people and cargo go to be transported some place. So in that sense everyone copies everyone. Having said that, Tesla's 'disruption' is enorming by bringing large scale manufacturing of an EV platform at a relatively affordable price to market. Plus no dealers (yay). Plus charging network (huge deal). Plus some new features most of which are worthless to most people (summon, fart cushions, 0-60 in 2s, falcon doors, etc). But nothing but applause from me for tesla doing all this with an extremely hostile massive 'industry' and lobbyists against them. Don't mix up my questioning of some of what tesla does or doesn't do or their claims with whether i think what they've accomplished is impressive. It's hugely impressive.
Old 06-23-21, 10:37 AM
LeX2K
Lexus Champion

Received 2,842 Likes on 2,401 Posts

Non event day Plaid no special badge.

Old 06-23-21, 10:53 AM
Hameed
EV ftw!!!

Originally Posted by LeX2K
Non event day Plaid no special badge.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=PG_WFY1Xl3s
Why do some of these YTubers seem mentally challenged? Or maybe I'm mentally challenged...............
Old 06-23-21, 11:00 AM
bitkahuna
Lexus Fanatic

Lol, couldn't help but notice the left and right rear lights aren't even close to being aligned.

Old 06-23-21, 12:03 PM
bitkahuna
Lexus Fanatic

Originally Posted by Hameed
Why do some of these YTubers seem mentally challenged? Or maybe I'm mentally challenged...............
LOL - those guys are something, aren't they? Cult-like. And that owner's garage... a total shrine to Tesla. Impressive setup though.
Old 06-23-21, 12:10 PM
Hameed
EV ftw!!!

Originally Posted by bitkahuna
LOL - those guys are something, aren't they? Cult-like. And that owner's garage... a total shrine to Tesla. Impressive setup though.
Yeah it's a tad over the top, but much more cleaner than my garage lol

Quick Reply: Tesla Model S Plaid