EV Chat General discussion about electrified Lexus, other EV vehicle manufacturers and BEV, PHEV related industry news.

Tesla Model S Plaid

Search this Thread

Old 07-02-21, 10:19 AM
bitkahuna
Lexus Fanatic

Received 2,405 Likes on 1,577 Posts

Originally Posted by Hameed
Not referring to you - you definitely have an open mind no question about that.

A couple of posts above sound exactly the way I described. I won't quote one of the specific posts above as it will become "personal' and serves no purpose in any thread where we are trying to make posts that are useful to people looking for information.
Got it, thanks, and yes i knew you weren't referring to me. I'm very very much looking forward to driving a tesla one of these days! Nearest 'store' is 90mi. away though which is one reason i haven't. However, there's a cool tesla modification/repair shop right in my town i plan to visit one of these days to see what they're up to.

https://electrifiedgarage.com/
Old 07-02-21, 10:29 AM
Hameed
EV ftw!!!

Received 299 Likes on 180 Posts

Originally Posted by bitkahuna
Got it, thanks, and yes i knew you weren't referring to me. I'm very very much looking forward to driving a tesla one of these days! Nearest 'store' is 90mi. away though which is one reason i haven't. However, there's a cool tesla modification/repair shop right in my town i plan to visit one of these days to see what they're up to.

https://electrifiedgarage.com/
Oh nice!!! I think Electrified Garage was started by the Youtuber Rich Benoit? His first shop is in Boston I think.

I actually found a Tesla repair shop about 1.5 hours away from me - I don't need a repair shop just yet as my car is still under warranty, but good to know for after the warranty. However I won't be here in Ontario when that happens lol. Now I need to find one in BC! I had my annual brake service (lube and clean) done at the Tesla repair shop I just mentioned. Great guy and experience!
Old 07-02-21, 10:50 AM
bitkahuna
Lexus Fanatic

Originally Posted by Hameed
Oh nice!!! I think Electrified Garage was started by the Youtuber Rich Benoit? His first shop is in Boston I think.
Don't know about youtuber, but the web page shows one store in New Hampshire (close to Boston), and 2 in Florida.

Walkthru of local store

Opening and they show a lambo being fitted with a tesla drivetrain!
Old 07-02-21, 10:53 AM
Hameed
EV ftw!!!

Received 299 Likes on 180 Posts

Originally Posted by bitkahuna
Don't know about youtuber, but the web page shows one store in New Hampshire (close to Boston), and 2 in Florida.

Walkthru of local store
https://youtube.com/watch?v=pBrWG0RRlVE

Opening and they show a lambo being fitted with a tesla drivetrain!
https://youtube.com/watch?v=k3bkzHQp3vw
Yep, that is the Youtuber Rich Benoit - his channel is Rich Rebuilds .
Old 07-02-21, 12:04 PM
Lead Lap

Received 780 Likes on 529 Posts

Lol https://www.washingtonpost.com/techn...la-plaid-fire/

didn’t take long.
Old 07-02-21, 12:17 PM
swajames
Pole Position

Received 655 Likes on 409 Posts

Originally Posted by 703
Recent history shows it might be prudent to reserve judgment on things like this, as the initial reporting is often in conflict with details that emerge over time.

If you remember, for example, the incident from a few months back involving the vehicle where the occupants may not have been in front seat, what was initially represented was likely not what actually happened - how long the fire took to extinguish, whether autopilot was or was not engaged, and so on.

Tesla has access to more information than most. What happened here will become clear, and of course, it is perfectly possible that the reality may be at odds with the initial reporting.

Old 07-02-21, 12:23 PM
Toys4RJill
Lexus Fanatic

Received 64 Likes on 55 Posts

Originally Posted by swajames
Recent history shows it might be prudent to reserve judgment on things like this, as the initial reporting is often in conflict with details that emerge over time.

If you remember, for example, the incident from a few months back involving the vehicle where the occupants may not have been in front seat, what was initially represented was likely not what actually happened - how long the fire took to extinguish, whether autopilot was or was not engaged, and so on.

Tesla has access to more information than most. What happened here will become clear, and of course, it is perfectly possible that the reality may be at odds with the initial reporting.
What could the reality at odds be? That the new Tesla didn’t burn to the ground?
Old 07-02-21, 12:30 PM
swajames
Pole Position

Originally Posted by LexsCTJill
What could the reality at odds be? That the new Tesla didn’t burn to the ground?
The cause. Who knows what happened?
Old 07-02-21, 12:40 PM
bitkahuna
Lexus Fanatic

Originally Posted by swajames
The cause. Who knows what happened?
yeah maybe the driver smoked, fell asleep and the vegan upholstry went up.
Old 07-02-21, 01:00 PM
LeX2K
Lexus Champion

Received 2,842 Likes on 2,401 Posts

Nothing vegan burns come on, ever try grilling a vegan burger?

I'm good at prediction things, I'll say this will turn out to be a flaw and Tesla has to recall all Plaid's.
Old 07-02-21, 01:08 PM
Toys4RJill
Lexus Fanatic

Received 64 Likes on 55 Posts

Originally Posted by LeX2K
Nothing vegan burns come on, ever try grilling a vegan burger?

I'm good at prediction things, I'll say this will turn out to be a flaw and Tesla has to recall all Plaid's.
Vegan leather does burn.
Old 07-02-21, 03:32 PM
swajames
Pole Position

Almost needless to say, it does seem that there may be more to this than meets the eye.

There are already reports that there are some unusual aspects to this whole thing.

https://www.teslarati.com/tesla-mode...etails-update/

Old 07-02-21, 03:59 PM
Och
Lexus Champion

Received 14 Likes on 13 Posts

I would wait until clear details of the incident emerge, instead of making judgement based on assumptions and rumors. Remember the witch hunt on Toyota for UA which turned out a bunch of nothing?
Old 07-07-21, 10:41 AM
Lend0
Intermediate

Received 64 Likes on 48 Posts

TFW you keep telling yourself leather is outdated and QC only affected earlier models.

Old 07-17-21, 09:30 PM
EZZ
Lexus Test Driver

Received 227 Likes on 170 Posts

Plaid model is exceeding expectations already. This guy broke the world record casually on his local drag strip. lol

Quick Reply: Tesla Model S Plaid