EV Chat General discussion about electrified Lexus, other EV vehicle manufacturers and BEV, PHEV related industry news.

Polestar 3 electric performance SUV to be manufactured in the USA

Search this Thread

Old 07-01-21, 09:26 AM
Cruiter
Pole Position

Received 23 Likes on 17 Posts

About 5 weeks ago, I took delivery of my XC60 T8 w/o the Polestar pckg. It's only a few HP less but with a combined 400 HP (gas + electric engines) who's counting? I drove the same car with the Polestar 2 PKG (about 10K more) and unless you track it you probably won't miss the few ponies more. Plus I wasn't a fan of the orange seatbelts and brakes. So far, I haven't looked back. I've driven just over 1,000 miles so far and have added roughly 8 gallons of gas to the original dealer fill up and it's still showing over 3/4 tank. All of my Lexus models were solid and quite rides, but this one has gone a level up.

And what I really wanted to say is nothing major on the car is from China, It was built in Gothenburg, Sweden including the engine. 3% U.S. content, 20% other content (maybe radio etc. from China) and transmission parts from Japan. I noticed the glass is from Saint-Gobain Sekurit CZECH Republic. It was built in February and arrived here late in May. The dealer found it for me in S.C., and had it trucked here to Atlanta the day they got it. Building in S.C. will certainly erase shipping times from Europe models.

So, I wonder if the Polestar 3 from the new plant will be totally electric or will they offer some gas models as well?

Old 07-01-21, 09:31 AM
MDlexus
Intermediate

Received 47 Likes on 24 Posts

All future Polestars will be full-electric.
BTW, enjoy the T8....I did!
Old 07-01-21, 09:38 AM
EZZ
Lexus Test Driver

Received 228 Likes on 171 Posts

There is a big difference between the Volvo with the Polestar package and Polestar as a car brand. They split from Volvo now and are no longer officially associated with that brand. Polestar is the EV only brand going forward while Volvo will be a mixture of different type of cars. Hope that helps.
Old 07-02-21, 07:48 AM
bitkahuna
Lexus Fanatic

Received 2,439 Likes on 1,599 Posts

Cruiter - congrats on the new car! Would like to see a separate thread with your review!