EV Chat General discussion about electrified Lexus, other EV vehicle manufacturers and BEV, PHEV related industry news.

Tesla "full self driving" discussion

Search this Thread

Old 07-20-21, 10:06 AM
EZZ
Lexus Test Driver

Received 228 Likes on 171 Posts

Originally Posted by xjokerz
At least I don't have to thumb through some retarded 19 inch tablet in the car to find the nearest charging station so I can waste 45 minutes just so I can drive the damn thing, which was a rip-off to begin with.
Actually, mine is a 15 inch screen and I just put it in drive and leave. No archaic start button. I actually like driving my car so I don't really need autopilot. I would use autopilot more if my car was as slow as yours though.
Old 07-20-21, 10:14 AM
xjokerz
Racer

Received 69 Likes on 54 Posts

Originally Posted by bitkahuna
Have you done long distance drives on busy and empty highways?

Looking forward to letting the car do most of the job!
Of course I have. I've driven from Western Washington to places like Utah and Montana but I still like being in control of my car. Sometimes I'll use cruise control but that's all the automation I can stand from a vehicle.
Old 07-20-21, 10:16 AM
xjokerz
Racer

Originally Posted by bitkahuna
Have you done long distance drives on busy and empty highways?

Looking forward to letting the car do most of the job!
Letting a vehicle operate itself on busy roads is really dangerous and it'll take a LONG time, if ever, for companies to perfect it. Being in control of a vehicle without all these gimmicks and distractions is WAY better than this autonomous garbage.
Old 07-20-21, 10:18 AM
xjokerz
Racer

Originally Posted by EZZ
Actually, mine is a 15 inch screen and I just put it in drive and leave. No archaic start button. I actually like driving my car so I don't really need autopilot. I would use autopilot more if my car was as slow as yours though.
LOLOL. So pushing a button to start the car is now considered antiquated? You'd really hate to hear that I prefer the old fashioned key.
Old 07-20-21, 10:19 AM
bitkahuna
Lexus Fanatic

Received 2,439 Likes on 1,599 Posts

Related fsd threads merged as had overlapping discussions.
Old 07-20-21, 10:54 AM
Hameed
EV ftw!!!

Received 313 Likes on 191 Posts

Originally Posted by LeX2K
Bragging on a public forum that you intentionally target drivers and put everyone in danger = priceless.
Well said.

Originally Posted by xjokerz
What a bunch of crap. So I'm going to pay a bunch of money so I don't have to drive my car, but I can let computers drive it for me? No thanks.

Also nothing worse than seeing a Tesla on the freeway. When I see one, I do everything I can to mess with them.
"Messing with drivers" because they drive a car you can't stand is really mature.
Old 07-20-21, 11:12 AM
Toys4RJill
Lexus Fanatic

Received 64 Likes on 55 Posts

Originally Posted by Bob04
I read that full self driving isn't really full self driving. That the autosteer part for city street is still going to be delayed. And the 2016+ cars were sold as full self driving complaint for the future so no hardware updates would be needed. Now I'm reading that there will be a $1500 hardware upgrade needed for those cars.

Sounds like a mess.

Tesla wants owners to pay $1,500 for hardware they thought they already had (msn.com)

Tesla launches its Full Self-Driving subscription package for $199 per month - Electrek

It's not even Level 3 There are a lot fools out there that will soak this up
Old 07-20-21, 11:16 AM
Hameed
EV ftw!!!

Originally Posted by LexsCTJill
It's not even Level 3 There are a lot fools out there that will soak this up
Total waste of money and time - IMO.
Old 07-20-21, 11:37 AM
Toys4RJill
Lexus Fanatic

Originally Posted by Hameed
Total waste of money and time - IMO.
Why is it a total waste of money and time?
Old 07-20-21, 11:53 AM
Hameed
EV ftw!!!

Originally Posted by LexsCTJill
Why is it a total waste of money and time?
Just paraphrasing your comments on FSD.
Old 07-20-21, 12:39 PM
Toys4RJill
Lexus Fanatic

https://kfgo.com/2021/07/20/consumer...ks-safeguards/
Old 07-20-21, 12:39 PM
Och
Lexus Champion

Received 14 Likes on 13 Posts

Ok, so messing with someone on the road, like these degenerate rednecks with their stupid pickups "coal rolling" hybrids, EVs and bicyclists is very immature and dangerous. Or when these people park their trucks across EV charging stations, but this is how humanity operates I guess.

That being said, if the autonomous driving nonsense ever becomes more popular, it's going to be all about safety first, and these cars will never be programmed to drive aggressively, and in busy areas they will constantly get cut off and bullied by other drivers, cyclists and pedestrians. In places like NYC, they won't ever move a foot.

P.S. At the same time, a distracted driver relying on Teslas flawed FSD and not paying attention to the road, is a much bigger danger than someone immaturely messing with an EV.

Last edited by Och; 07-20-21 at 12:42 PM.
Old 07-20-21, 01:52 PM
Toys4RJill
Lexus Fanatic

Originally Posted by Och

That being said, if the autonomous driving nonsense ever becomes more popular, it's going to be all about safety first, and these cars will never be programmed to drive aggressively, and in busy areas they will constantly get cut off and bullied by other drivers, cyclists and pedestrians. In places like NYC, they won't ever move a foot.
People will be quick to turn off the self driving stuff. Super Cruise or Lexus teammate will work well for highways on long cruises, but the city stuff will never really work well.
Old 07-20-21, 01:59 PM
xjokerz
Racer

Originally Posted by Hameed
Well said.

"Messing with drivers" because they drive a car you can't stand is really mature.
I know right
Old 07-20-21, 02:00 PM
xjokerz
Racer

Originally Posted by Och
Ok, so messing with someone on the road, like these degenerate rednecks with their stupid pickups "coal rolling" hybrids, EVs and bicyclists is very immature and dangerous. Or when these people park their trucks across EV charging stations, but this is how humanity operates I guess.

P.S. At the same time, a distracted driver relying on Teslas flawed FSD and not paying attention to the road, is a much bigger danger than someone immaturely messing with an EV.
Yep, everyone wants a self driving car so they can have more time to play on facebook, snapchat and to upload selfies all day

Quick Reply: Tesla "full self driving" discussion