EV Chat General discussion about electrified Lexus, other EV vehicle manufacturers and BEV, PHEV related industry news.
View Poll Results: Tesla Model 3 Build Defects - Deal Breaker?
Yes
65.96%
No
23.40%
Maybe
10.64%
Voters: 47. You may not vote on this poll

Tesla Model 3 (merged megathread)

Search this Thread

Old 05-13-21 | 07:00 AM
spwolf
Lexus Champion

Originally Posted by EZZ
The front seats on the Tesla are super nice and comfy...the back, its not as good. maybe he wants to lay down.
which tesla?
Old 05-13-21 | 07:02 AM
Hameed
EV ftw!!!

Originally Posted by spwolf
which tesla?
The Model 3 obviously
Old 05-13-21 | 08:18 AM
dojoman
Lead Lap

Originally Posted by tex2670
This unapologetic a-hole should have his license revoked.

https://www.sfgate.com/local/article...m-16172049.php
I guess we're doing the favor for him. The more attention he gets the more stunts he's going to pull, he has a death wish. His parents should send him to India to help with Covid relief instead of here wasting other people' time.
Old 05-13-21 | 08:52 AM
LeX2K
Lexus Fanatic

Don't think I would trust that guy to help with anything.
Old 05-13-21 | 04:38 PM
Wilson2000
Pole Position

I live in the San Francisco Bay Area, and have been seeing this twit all over the local news channels. He fails to see or acknowledge the danger he's exposing others to. Tesla's self-driving system can't respond to all kinds of emergency situations, so every time this f-wad pulls this stunt, he's risking death and injury to everyone around him. If he dies in a fiery crash, he deserves it!

This sycophant's main objective is to get the attention of his hero, Elon Musk, but, privileged POS's like this would be wise to fly low, under the radar, rather than drawing attention to themselves.
Old 05-14-21 | 01:00 PM
Toys4RJill
Lexus Fanatic

This is good entertainment

Old 05-14-21 | 01:23 PM
tex2670
Lexus Champion

Originally Posted by LexsCTJill
This is good entertainment

https://youtu.be/8887hlaWTnc
Either he is just incredibly stupid, or he is getting exactly what he wants - tons of attention. Or both.
Old 05-14-21 | 02:14 PM
Hoovey689

This kid makes my blood boil. Amazing act he's putting on most likely for 'likes'. Suffice to say he's ignorant, arrogant, and somewhat devious. Spoiled beyond belief, probably hasn't worked a day in his life. Karma will smack him square in the face someday, I can't wait for that story to break.
Old 05-14-21 | 03:42 PM
dojoman
Lead Lap

Severe case of Affluenza. Not sure if he’s really rich or just pretending. I’ve never seen really rich people do this but then again he’s only 25 and clueless.
Old 05-15-21 | 12:15 PM
mmarshall
Lexus Fanatic

Very interesting video. On the one hand, yes, I agree that what he is doing is dumb and risky, at least from my point of view. But, on the other hand, IF he is as rich as he says he is, and in the position he is in, he's got the law, and the city, over a barrel. Yank his license and take away his car (or if the car is wrecked), he'll go out and just get another fake license and a new car. Remember, San Francisco is a Sanctuary City......you can probably get almost any kind of fake-ID there. They'd have to lock him up (or attempt to lock him up) to keep him off the streets.....and, then, a high-priced lawyer would get him out.

I agree with Wilson2000, BTW, that he may be trying to brown-nose Elon Musk.

Last edited by mmarshall; 05-15-21 at 12:19 PM.
Old 05-15-21 | 02:11 PM
tex2670
Lexus Champion

Originally Posted by mmarshall
Very interesting video. On the one hand, yes, I agree that what he is doing is dumb and risky, at least from my point of view. But, on the other hand, IF he is as rich as he says he is, and in the position he is in, he's got the law, and the city, over a barrel. Yank his license and take away his car (or if the car is wrecked), he'll go out and just get another fake license and a new car. Remember, San Francisco is a Sanctuary City......you can probably get almost any kind of fake-ID there. They'd have to lock him up (or attempt to lock him up) to keep him off the streets.....and, then, a high-priced lawyer would get him out.

I agree with Wilson2000, BTW, that he may be trying to brown-nose Elon Musk.
That is NOT what a "Sanctuary City" means. You can't just go out criming with no repercussions. "High priced lawyers" don't "get you out"; there has to be a basis for it; thumbing your nose at authorities and committing the same crime again isn't a basis for getting out of jail without impunity. It's San Francisco, not Hollywood.

Last edited by tex2670; 05-18-21 at 04:57 AM.
Old 05-15-21 | 05:11 PM
mmarshall
Lexus Fanatic

Originally Posted by tex2670
That is NOT what a "Sanctuary City" means.
It actually means many things, but one of them is an easy evasion of the law.

"High priced lawyers" don't "get you out"; there has to be a basis for it;
They are more likely to get you out than rookies.

It's San Francisco, not Hollywood.
Unfortunately, there often isn't much difference...but I'm not going to make any more comparisons, because it might get too political.
Old 05-15-21 | 09:18 PM
sdls
Lexus Champion

Originally Posted by Hoovey2411
This kid makes my blood boil. Amazing act he's putting on most likely for 'likes'. Suffice to say he's ignorant, arrogant, and somewhat devious. Spoiled beyond belief, probably hasn't worked a day in his life. Karma will smack him square in the face someday, I can't wait for that story to break.
Wish there was a like button here that I could use for your post.
Old 05-17-21 | 01:41 PM
Wilson2000
Pole Position

Originally Posted by mmarshall
It actually means many things, but one of them is an easy evasion of the law.
It may mean many things to many people, like all terminology, but since I live in a sanctuary State, County and City, I can tell you what it means here. When an illegal immigrant is put in jail, upon release, the local government does not notify the Feds (ICE), to take custody of, and, deport the individual (per Federal law). Personally, I don't agree with "sanctuary," but nobody asked for me. Sanctuary is the result of politicians chasing the Latino vote. Latino's are the largest race/ethnic group in CA at 39%.

If our backseat Tesla driver was an illegal immigrant, the sanctuary status of San Francisco could apply to this case. My guess is that his parents are wealthy enough that they were able to "purchase" their whole family's citizenship.
Old 05-17-21 | 02:33 PM
RXSF

Originally Posted by Wilson2000
It may mean many things to many people, like all terminology, but since I live in a sanctuary State, County and City, I can tell you what it means here. When an illegal immigrant is put in jail, upon release, the local government does not notify the Feds (ICE), to take custody of, and, deport the individual (per Federal law). Personally, I don't agree with "sanctuary," but nobody asked for me. Sanctuary is the result of politicians chasing the Latino vote. Latino's are the largest race/ethnic group in CA at 39%.

If our backseat Tesla driver was an illegal immigrant, the sanctuary status of San Francisco could apply to this case. My guess is that his parents are wealthy enough that they were able to "purchase" their whole family's citizenship.
im not sure what sanctuary state and Latinos have to do with this thread. But I have one comment about it. If you deport all the illegal immigrants from California, good luck finding people to do the jobs nobody else wants to do. All service industries have a huge labor crisis and it will only be exacerbated if we start deporting people. Not all illegal immigrants are terrible people who do drugs and use the system. Two of my workers came over illegally with their families from El Salvador and while they don’t have a way to become citizens, they are now permitted to work here. They pay taxes like everyone else, they have bought property and contribute to the system.

Quick Reply: Tesla Model 3 (merged megathread)