EV Chat General discussion about electrified Lexus, other EV vehicle manufacturers and BEV, PHEV related industry news.

For you Washington, D.C. area Tesla Owners....a new dealership.

Search this Thread

Old 10-26-21, 09:32 AM
patgilm
Lead Lap

Received 295 Likes on 211 Posts

Originally Posted by EZZ
Thats expensive but the older houses tend to have breaker boxes away from the garage. Mine was $1500 because it was on the other side of my house but well worth it. I recommend the Wall Connector as its only $500 and the cable is long so it gives you options. I just keep my mobile connector in the car in case of emergencies but frankly, i never used it. Too many Superchargers around. I'm jealous of the air suspension on the Plaid as that makes the ride a lot smoother. With the 19s, i bet it rides very well.
My house isn’t that old, it’s just like yours, the electrical panel is on the other end of the house.

Anyway, I just placed my order. I didn’t join the red club, we settled on white after a few hours of watching YouTube videos. If the black was metallic we probably would have ordered that but I’m not paying extra for a non-metallic color. I already talked to my PPF guy and am getting the whole car wrapped with Suntek Reaction which comes with a ceramic coat built in.
Old 10-26-21, 10:00 AM
EZZ
Lexus Test Driver

Received 228 Likes on 171 Posts

Originally Posted by patgilm
My house isn’t that old, it’s just like yours, the electrical panel is on the other end of the house.

Anyway, I just placed my order. I didn’t join the red club, we settled on white after a few hours of watching YouTube videos. If the black was metallic we probably would have ordered that but I’m not paying extra for a non-metallic color. I already talked to my PPF guy and am getting the whole car wrapped with Suntek Reaction which comes with a ceramic coat built in.
Congrats! Where I live, the older houses actually are much more money as they have much larger pieces of land. Of course most are heavily renovated / upgraded. The newer housing developments seem very closely spaced which is bad.

I find it hilarious that Tesla changed the base color to white because it was much harder to spot paint defects...lol. On black, it was too easy to spot the blemishes. I hear Suntek and XPEL are pretty comparable and the newer ones are thicker. Do you take your full PPF cars to automatic car washes since hairline scratches aren't a factor anymore? Also, why does Ceramic matter on a full PPF car that self heals with heat?
Old 10-26-21, 10:59 AM
patgilm
Lead Lap

Received 295 Likes on 211 Posts

Originally Posted by EZZ
Congrats! Where I live, the older houses actually are much more money as they have much larger pieces of land. Of course most are heavily renovated / upgraded. The newer housing developments seem very closely spaced which is bad.

I find it hilarious that Tesla changed the base color to white because it was much harder to spot paint defects...lol. On black, it was too easy to spot the blemishes. I hear Suntek and XPEL are pretty comparable and the newer ones are thicker. Do you take your full PPF cars to automatic car washes since hairline scratches aren't a factor anymore? Also, why does Ceramic matter on a full PPF car that self heals with heat?
I've had both Xpel and Suntek and I personally like Suntek better, to me it is more clear than Xpel. Many people put ceramic on top of the PPF for maintenance purposes since it is way easier to keep clean since the water just beads off. I did it on my X7 and it makes a big difference. I had the front of my X7 wrapped and then ceramic coated and later I got the rockers done but they didn't have time to ceramic coat it and the difference is obvious. With the new Suntek Reaction film, it's a 20% upcharge but then you don't have to pay to have it ceramic coated. I also wash my own cars, I don't like auto car washes.