EV Chat General discussion about electrified Lexus, other EV vehicle manufacturers and BEV, PHEV related industry news.

Tesla sales continue to surge in the face of chip shortages

Search this Thread

Old 01-02-22, 05:55 PM
JeffKeryk
Racer

Received 531 Likes on 361 Posts

Originally Posted by mmarshall
Don't want to get too far off-topic, but I'm not sure with you mean by that statement. Yes, the wildfires in your state have been extremely destructive (and my sympathies are with those who have lost homes, vehicles, and loved ones), but I don't see what PGE has to do with it. Most of those fires are either started by arsonists/careless campfires or by lightning from dry thunderstorms where the rain evaporates and does not reach the ground.
Downed power lines that are old uncared for. Almost every time.
Agree to stay on topic.
Old 01-03-22, 06:37 AM
bitkahuna
Lexus Fanatic

Received 2,440 Likes on 1,600 Posts

Originally Posted by LeX2K
The bigger story but hardly talked about is Tesla's margins. If other auto makers are paying attention they should be very concerned. Tesla China is a much better factory than Fremont, Germany and Texas should be even better meaning more efficient and better margins. It will take time to get there however so in the next year except there to be a whole lot of talk about how Tesla's profits are going down.
great post. i hope they get gigatexas online soon... watched recent drone footage of that plant... it's stunningly huge.

perhaps some here don't know that a lot (all?) teslas sold in europe right now are coming from tesla's china factory. i'm actually surprised tesla hasn't imported cars from the china plant into the u.s. but perhaps there's no benefit since they can still easily sell everything they can make, whether in asia, europe, or the americas.

it is a stunning success story.

and yes, if other car makers are actually looking at what tesla is building (plants) they should be terrified.

Originally Posted by LeX2K
Trust me I know all about such leaders since I live in Canada.
lol, i hear ya... my aunt/uncle who live in ontario just visited here and had lots to say about canadian 'leadership'

Old 01-03-22, 12:11 PM
B Dot
Intermediate

Received 22 Likes on 15 Posts

Originally Posted by mmarshall
Well, soon they will be paying for electricity at ridiculous prices. Jump from the frying pan into the fire.
Agree, I could also see a flat tax based on mileage driven when you renew your registration. They will get money from people one way or another
Old 01-03-22, 12:35 PM
JeffKeryk
Racer

Received 531 Likes on 361 Posts

Originally Posted by bitkahuna
and yes, if other car makers are actually looking at what tesla is building (plants) they should be terrified.
You said it and yes they are.
At the price point Tesla plays in, they are eating MBZ, Lexus, BMW, etc. lunch. Warts and all...