EV Chat General discussion about electrified Lexus, other EV vehicle manufacturers and BEV, PHEV related industry news.

2021 PoleStar 2

Search this Thread

Old 06-02-22, 08:17 AM
patgilm
Lead Lap

Received 295 Likes on 211 Posts

^^^ Now that looks really good. Body colored fender molding and lowered makes a hilige difference.
Old 06-02-22, 08:41 AM
AMIRZA786
Lexus Champion

Received 2,267 Likes on 1,766 Posts

Originally Posted by patgilm
^^^ Now that looks really good. Body colored fender molding and lowered makes a hilige difference.
It looks really cool, but it's definitely not for me. That thing screams "RACE ME!" Every juvenile with a Mustang, Charger, Honda, WRX and STI etc. would be riding my tail asking to be embarrassed. The Olihn's are going to be way too stiff with the car that lowered. Probably a great track car, but I prefer a nonchalant sleeper. But awesome effort from Polestar. They were once Volvo's performance division, now they are actually producing real performance cars!
Old 06-02-22, 08:47 AM
EZZ
Lexus Test Driver

Received 228 Likes on 171 Posts

Looks like a Mustang to me.
Old 06-02-22, 08:52 AM
AMIRZA786
Lexus Champion

Originally Posted by bowser
updating to 2.1 right now. any feedback MDLexus?
So one thing I noticed after the update, it seemed the throttle response is a lot softer. Meaning before you had to press the pedal harder. I got so used to the harder pedal that whenever I drive my IS350 or my Sienna the pedal feels really soft and I end up pressing down to hard making the cars jolt forward. Is this something in my mind or do you guys notice this as well?

From the update notes, doesn't give much details. The one that stands out most is the "Improved robustness for DC charging", but not sure what that means. There has definitely been some minor issues with DC charging where it will slow down to around the 50kWh range and than really drop nearing 80 percent, hit a cliff after 80 percent
Old 06-02-22, 08:55 AM
AMIRZA786
Lexus Champion

Originally Posted by EZZ
Looks like a Mustang to me.
It's the same exact body as mine, lowered and 21" tires. I think it's the stripe, that needs to go
Old 06-02-22, 09:04 AM
MDlexus
Intermediate

Received 47 Likes on 24 Posts

Originally Posted by AMIRZA786
I updated today at work. I'll need a few days to evaluate to see if there are any improvements
Downloaded OTA 2.1 yesterday while at hospital.
Smooth as silk.
No issues noted for me.

Apple CarPlay comin real soon

Apparently it will look like this.
Old 06-02-22, 09:13 AM
AMIRZA786
Lexus Champion

Originally Posted by MDlexus
Downloaded OTA 2.1 yesterday while at hospital.
Smooth as silk.
No issues noted for me.

Apple CarPlay comin real soon

Apparently it will look like this.
Same here, no issues. I started the install while I was at work, and at the end of the day I came back to the car and it was done. From the notes the most significant update is addressing DC charging. I have been getting slower than advertised DC charging, especially when I used the 350 kW Fast charger. Speeds would initially be above 100 kWh, but than drop between 70 kWh to 50 kWh. This is with the battery preconditioned. Also, I don't know if this is in my mind, but today I noticed throttle to be softer, I didn't need to press as hard to get the same response. I initially felt that the pedal is way to hard. Not sure if this was something they adjusted, let me know if you notice that or if it's just in my mind
Old 06-02-22, 09:22 AM
MDlexus
Intermediate

Originally Posted by AMIRZA786
Same here, no issues. I started the install while I was at work, and at the end of the day I came back to the car and it was done. From the notes the most significant update is addressing DC charging. I have been getting slower than advertised DC charging, especially when I used the 350 kW Fast charger. Speeds would initially be above 100 kWh, but than drop between 70 kWh to 50 kWh. This is with the battery preconditioned. Also, I don't know if this is in my mind, but today I noticed throttle to be softer, I didn't need to press as hard to get the same response. I initially felt that the pedal is way to hard. Not sure if this was something they adjusted, let me know if you notice that or if it's just in my mind

I really didn’t notice any difference with th throttle response but you might be right. I believe it was adjusted one or two updates ago.

I rarely charge away from home. I did a handful of times at EA, just because, and haven’t had any issues.

Haven’t experienced any ‘bugs’ though. All good on the East Coast!
Old 06-02-22, 09:27 AM
bowser
Pit Crew

Received 82 Likes on 52 Posts

^ thanks for the feedback. updated last night as well and so far, so good. at first I thought the images you posted with CarPlay was from your update
Old 06-02-22, 09:30 AM
AMIRZA786
Lexus Champion

I really didn’t notice any difference with th throttle response but you might be right. I believe it was adjusted one or two updates ago.

I rarely charge away from home. I did a handful of times at EA, just because, and haven’t had any issues.

Haven’t experienced any ‘bugs’ though. All good on the East Coast!
That's good to hear! I've only experienced one bug, that was when my father left the back door open and the car told me "Key not detected". Took me about 5 minutes to realize that my father had left the door open. Other than that, 5 months and 4,300 miles of trouble free operation!
Old 06-02-22, 09:45 AM
MDlexus
Intermediate

Just made 1 year in and 15k miles.
No regrets.
I had one issue with connectivity, which lasted 3 weeks, before I went to dealer for fix.
Old 06-02-22, 09:51 AM
bowser
Pit Crew

Received 82 Likes on 52 Posts

great to hear. 5 months and almost 6000 (s)miles for me. i wish the next update will have CarPlay and the pixel led lights activation
Old 06-02-22, 09:52 AM
EZZ
Lexus Test Driver

Received 228 Likes on 171 Posts

Just made 1 year in and 15k miles.
No regrets.
I had one issue with connectivity, which lasted 3 weeks, before I went to dealer for fix.
So basically less reliable than a Lexus. But since you have no scheduled maintenance, waaaaay more convenient than any ICE
Old 06-02-22, 09:59 AM
AMIRZA786
Lexus Champion

Originally Posted by EZZ
So basically less reliable than a Lexus. But since you have no scheduled maintenance, waaaaay more convenient than any ICE
If he had a connectivity issue, it was probably a problem with the TCAM. That just meant he wasn't getting LTE connectivity
Old 06-02-22, 10:46 AM
MDlexus
Intermediate

Originally Posted by EZZ
The car was fully functional. Just didn’t have google maps, hey google, etc. No other issues.
So far, It has been extremely reliable and this is coming from one who’s owned 8 previous Lexus vehicles.

Quick Reply: 2021 PoleStar 2