EV Chat General discussion about electrified Lexus, other EV vehicle manufacturers and BEV, PHEV related industry news.

Tesla Cybertruck

Search this Thread

Old 09-23-24, 12:01 PM
AJT123
Lexus Champion

Received 234 Likes on 196 Posts

Originally Posted by 1111GS
I wouldn't say Tesla has faults.
Tesla has no faults? You kidding?

How about delivering a 140k Plaid on mismatched brand and size tires?

https://opposite-lock.com/topic/3947...e-this-is-fine

They need a massive update in quality control.

I'm not sure on this yet but I think if you stand on the hitch area it breaks if you weigh over 150lbs in the CT. That's pitiful.

And I'm not trying to hate, I always said don't take this new CT so seriously and it'll be a smashing success.
Old 09-23-24, 12:10 PM
bitkahuna
Lexus Fanatic

Received 2,504 Likes on 1,646 Posts

Originally Posted by AJT123
The America bashing got old on that show (top gear), but they're just jealous deep down they don't live here.
agree on their smug u.s. bashing (and i'm from britain), and the irony is how britain is so smug about GERMAN vehicles. even their smugness about 'british' brands like range rover, jaguar, etc., is a joke since they're not owned by british companies any longer.

Half of their tests are in the cold, dreary rain because that's how the UK is.. terrible weather.
and that's a bashing cliché ... they have pretty great spring/summer/fall in parts.

Holy smoke... where did you get this picture? I don't think I've seen another one like this for another brand. I have to agree though. Tesla love is real.
looks like an AI (chatgpt) generated image. what brand would you like one for?

I wouldn't say Tesla has faults. They just implement things differently.
tesla certainly had major faults in earlier years with build quality, but they've improved by leaps and bounds now.
Old 09-23-24, 12:31 PM
AMIRZA786
Lexus Champion

Received 2,250 Likes on 1,753 Posts

From my observation... the owners I've bumped into/met seem damn proud of it.

Holy smoke... where did you get this picture? I don't think I've seen another one like this for another brand. I have to agree though. Tesla love is real.

I wouldn't say Tesla has faults. They just implement things differently. If you agree on removing stalks, IMO there are a lot of other similar things. Maybe what one experienced before owning a Tesla is outdated? Kind of similar like "BMW is not reliable because my brother's uncle's friend's sister in law was stranded.... 10 years ago." I'm very open minded and tech oriented but I don't think Tesla's infotainment is any better than some other brands' I've experienced. IMO, latest youtube music is the only nice feature that I think Tesla has over other brands. Take air vent for instance... How many Tesla owners actually know how to direct air? And you think the way it works is superior to traditional vent while car is in motion?
Just a couple of points I'll address here. I won't talk about the Cyber Truck because I haven't driven one.

Yes, Tesla love is real, because it just works for owners. It's a very simple car, simple to own, simple to operate, and it drives and performs extremely well. But come on, you haven't seen the Toyota/Lexus devotion on here? Tesla is not alone when it comes to fanatical owners

Tesla 100 percent implements things differently. Some people like their minimalist approach, and some don't. I happen to like it, but I have friends and family that hate it.

Yep, the BMW analogy is so familiar LoL 🤣

As far as air vents, I've never had to re-adjust them after the first time. They never move and stay in place. For passengers, it's very easy to adjust them, both my wife and daughter constantly do it while I'm driving. Also, saves my vent position in my profile, and even if another driver changes the vent position, it automatically goes back when my profile is selected
The following users liked this post:
LexBob2 (09-24-24)
Old 09-23-24, 01:43 PM
SW17LS
Lexus Fanatic

Received 2,772 Likes on 1,979 Posts

Originally Posted by AMIRZA786
But come on, you haven't seen the Toyota/Lexus devotion on here? Tesla is not alone when it comes to fanatical owners
Totally, and I also find that obnoxious.
The following 2 users liked this post by SW17LS:
AMIRZA786 (09-23-24), FrankReynoldsCPA (09-25-24)
Old 09-25-24, 10:14 AM
Blaze876
Instructor

Received 114 Likes on 94 Posts

Just a couple of points I'll address here. I won't talk about the Cyber Truck because I haven't driven one.

Yes, Tesla love is real, because it just works for owners. It's a very simple car, simple to own, simple to operate, and it drives and performs extremely well. But come on, you haven't seen the Toyota/Lexus devotion on here? Tesla is not alone when it comes to fanatical owners

Tesla 100 percent implements things differently. Some people like their minimalist approach, and some don't. I happen to like it, but I have friends and family that hate it.

Yep, the BMW analogy is so familiar LoL 🤣

As far as air vents, I've never had to re-adjust them after the first time. They never move and stay in place. For passengers, it's very easy to adjust them, both my wife and daughter constantly do it while I'm driving. Also, saves my vent position in my profile, and even if another driver changes the vent position, it automatically goes back when my profile is selected
You know I've heard people say they don't adjust their temperature or their vents and I find it crazy. My ideal temp is 75, but if I was out in the sun and I am extremely hot, the AC is going on max cool all all vents on me until my body cools down....same when it comes to being out in the cold. Especially in a non tinted car, depends on the time of day, I adjust the temp and / or vent. Wish I could be like you guys lol.
Old 09-25-24, 10:27 AM
AMIRZA786
Lexus Champion

Originally Posted by Blaze876
You know I've heard people say they don't adjust their temperature or their vents and I find it crazy. My ideal temp is 75, but if I was out in the sun and I am extremely hot, the AC is going on max cool all all vents on me until my body cools down....same when it comes to being out in the cold. Especially in a non tinted car, depends on the time of day, I adjust the temp and / or vent. Wish I could be like you guys lol.
I do adjust temps occasionally, which is easy. It's just an arrow you click on the right or left of the temp. I never adjust vents because they are exactly where I need them to blow. If I need to defrost the front or rear windows, I just hit the front or rear defrost button.

There is absolutely nothing complicated about using the Tesla infotainment screen, IMHO of course. If I had one complaint to Tesla...please fix the Auto wipers, although they have made turning on and off the wipers, and adjusting wiper speeds extremely easy two or three updates back
Old 09-25-24, 10:56 AM
Allen K
-0----0-
Forum Moderator

Received 802 Likes on 560 Posts

Pre-conditioning also helps a ton with getting the car to temp. Entering an already cooled car vs. getting in the car and hoping it cools is a big difference
The following users liked this post:
AMIRZA786 (09-25-24)
Old 09-25-24, 11:00 AM
AMIRZA786
Lexus Champion

Originally Posted by Allen K
Pre-conditioning also helps a ton with getting the car to temp. Entering an already cooled car vs. getting in the car and hoping it cools is a big difference
Thanks, I forgot to mention pre-cooling. On a hot day, about 10 minutes before I leave work (or am leaving home) I turn on the AC through the app, and the car is now cool when I'm ready to leave. I can set whatever temp I want. On a cold day, same thing. This can also be set to run automatically run on a schedule, for example my car preconditions in the morning prior to me leaving for work. This means you don't have to mess with adjusting temps
Old 09-25-24, 12:01 PM
jrmckinley
Pole Position

Received 409 Likes on 277 Posts

Thanks, I forgot to mention pre-cooling. On a hot day, about 10 minutes before I leave work (or am leaving home) I turn on the AC through the app, and the car is now cool when I'm ready to leave. I can set whatever temp I want. On a cold day, same thing. This can also be set to run automatically run on a schedule, for example my car preconditions in the morning prior to me leaving for work. This means you don't have to mess with adjusting temps
This is a feature that I now can't live without. The ability to use the app to get the car to a temperature that I can control on the app ahead of time is an absolute game changer in FL during the summer. I also love the "Keep" feature for climate. I legitimately use "keep" every single time I drive the car. Great example is I go to the grocery store and buy things that are refrigerated. It's 105 heat index outside, and I realize I need to run in to some other place for 15 minutes. I can keep the climate on at 60 degrees or whatever I want in the car and just go about my business not worrying about the refrigerated items sitting in a car that would get to 130 degrees in about 15 minutes otherwise.

Always getting into a car that's at the exact temperature you desire (including activating seat heaters if you live somewhere cool) is just amazing.
The following 3 users liked this post by jrmckinley:
Allen K (09-25-24), AMIRZA786 (09-25-24), bowser (09-25-24)
Old 09-25-24, 08:31 PM
BayeauxLex
Instructor

Received 197 Likes on 168 Posts

Originally Posted by Allen K
Isn’t this similar to remote start or starting your vehicle from the app?
Old 09-25-24, 09:09 PM
AMIRZA786
Lexus Champion

Originally Posted by BayeauxLex
Isn’t this similar to remote start or starting your vehicle from the app?
Similar except your not starting anything but HVAC. The car is not drivable in this state
The following 2 users liked this post by AMIRZA786:
Allen K (Yesterday), BayeauxLex (Yesterday)