EV Chat General discussion about electrified Lexus, other EV vehicle manufacturers and BEV, PHEV related industry news.

Tesla Cybertruck

Search this Thread

Old 08-23-23, 08:12 PM
AMIRZA786
Lexus Champion

Received 2,098 Likes on 1,630 Posts

Originally Posted by LS460inAZ
Just got my $100 refundable deposit back on my Cybertruck last week (it was surprisingly quick) -- I figure if I invest it in a high yield savings account, that $100 will be able to pay a hefty chunk of the CT when I can actually get my hands on one in 20 years,
Watch, the Cybertruck comes out tomorrow 🤣
The following users liked this post:
LS460inAZ (08-23-23)
Old 08-23-23, 08:23 PM
LS460inAZ
10th Gear

Received 5 Likes on 3 Posts
Smile

Originally Posted by AMIRZA786
Watch, the Cybertruck comes out tomorrow 🤣
Haha, in a nutshell, that's how my luck tends to work. Let's just say I canceled mine so everyone else could finally get theirs
The following 2 users liked this post by LS460inAZ:
AMIRZA786 (08-23-23), Margate330 (08-23-23)
Old 08-23-23, 08:25 PM
Margate330
Lexus Test Driver

Received 965 Likes on 770 Posts

Haha, in a nutshell, that's how my luck tends to work. Let's just say I canceled mine so everyone else could finally get theirs
That is too funny!

Your sacrifice will help many. Lolol

LS460inAZ (08-23-23)
Old 08-23-23, 09:36 PM
AMIRZA786
Lexus Champion

Regarding the Cyber truck, the joke I made may not be that far from reality. Just got an email today about a Cyber truck delivery event with the chance of earning credits for referring people

You probably should have held on to that preorder a little longer
Old 08-24-23, 10:01 AM
bitkahuna
Lexus Fanatic

Received 2,372 Likes on 1,557 Posts

Just got my $100 refundable deposit back on my Cybertruck last week (it was surprisingly quick) -- I figure if I invest it in a high yield savings account, that $100 will be able to pay a hefty chunk of the CT when I can actually get my hands on one in 20 years,
interesting, why are you no longer interested in it?
Old 08-24-23, 10:26 AM
Hameed
EV ftw!!!

Received 292 Likes on 175 Posts

Originally Posted by bitkahuna
I suspect based on his post that it's the potential of a very long delay of getting a Cybertruck. Perhaps he reserved his Cybertruck not too long ago.
Old 08-24-23, 12:38 PM
LS460inAZ
10th Gear

Received 5 Likes on 3 Posts

Great question - I still like the Cyber Truck (and I’ll be excited to see/drive one hopefully soon!)

The deposit I put down was relatively recent, meaning based upon my position in line… I’m a long time away from getting one. By that time, there’s a good chance I’ll have my eye on something else (and new options will be available)

Also, and somewhat petty perhaps, after more than 10 weeks, I’m still waiting for Tesla to cut me a check on the window tint they’ve agreed to reimburse me for, after my car was in one of their service centers and they accidentally broke a window.

I figure it’s better that they’ve only got $200 of my money, rather than $300
Old 08-24-23, 06:25 PM
Hameed
EV ftw!!!

Received 292 Likes on 175 Posts

Originally Posted by AMIRZA786
Regarding the Cyber truck, the joke I made may not be that far from reality. Just got an email today about a Cyber truck delivery event with the chance of earning credits for referring people

You probably should have held on to that preorder a little longer
What's the date of the event?
Old 08-24-23, 06:38 PM
AMIRZA786
Lexus Champion

Originally Posted by Hameed
What's the date of the event?
It says "Event date to be announced"

Hameed (08-25-23)
Old 08-24-23, 08:50 PM
bitkahuna
Lexus Fanatic

i just read cybertruck first deliveries at least will 'start' at $75k.

let's just say i'm not surprised.

https://www.notebookcheck.net/First-....743406.0.html
Old 08-25-23, 06:40 AM
bitkahuna
Lexus Fanatic

"Musk unhappy with Cybertruck’s poor quality, calls for Lego-like precision"Elon Musk is not impressed with the build quality of Tesla's new Cybertruck. On Wednesday, the Tesla CEO told followers on social media that he "just drove the production candidate Cybertruck at Tesla Giga Texas," as the angular pickup slowly moves from concept to something real people might be able to drive. But workers at the Tesla factory may be in for sleepless nights in the coming weeks and months, judging by a company-wide email first seen by the Cybertruck Owner's Club.

"Due to the nature of Cybertruck, which is made of bright metal with mostly straight edges, any dimensional variation shows up like a sore thumb," Musk wrote in the email. Indeed, every image we've seen of the Cybertruck thus far—including those posted by Musk to his social media account yesterday—shows shockingly inconsistent build quality, particularly at the front of the vehicle where multiple stainless steel panels meet at angles that remind some of a deli slicer.
more...

https://arstechnica.com/cars/2023/08...umb-musk-says/
Old 08-25-23, 06:41 AM
bitkahuna
Lexus Fanatic

i would not want one of the early production units of these beasts!
Old 08-25-23, 09:37 AM
jrmckinley
Pole Position

Received 367 Likes on 252 Posts

"Musk unhappy with Cybertruck’s poor quality, calls for Lego-like precision"Elon Musk is not impressed with the build quality of Tesla's new Cybertruck. On Wednesday, the Tesla CEO told followers on social media that he "just drove the production candidate Cybertruck at Tesla Giga Texas," as the angular pickup slowly moves from concept to something real people might be able to drive. But workers at the Tesla factory may be in for sleepless nights in the coming weeks and months, judging by a company-wide email first seen by the Cybertruck Owner's Club.

"Due to the nature of Cybertruck, which is made of bright metal with mostly straight edges, any dimensional variation shows up like a sore thumb," Musk wrote in the email. Indeed, every image we've seen of the Cybertruck thus far—including those posted by Musk to his social media account yesterday—shows shockingly inconsistent build quality, particularly at the front of the vehicle where multiple stainless steel panels meet at angles that remind some of a deli slicer.
more...

https://arstechnica.com/cars/2023/08...umb-musk-says/
This is one of those articles that draws their own negative conclusions and falsely presents them as facts. Read same topic on CNBC yesterday, CNBC had the leaked internal email from Musk and published it. Nowhere in the email, and nowhere in any other article I've read, nor on Musk's Twitter account does it say anything about Musk being "unhappy with Cybertruck's poor quality." which is how this post begins (quoting an article, I understand).

Musk's email just reiterated the need for extreme precision in build quality due to the angular nature of the design. He said Lego and soda can manufacturers achieve the level of precision he's asking the team for. That's literally all it said. Musk's Twitter post yesterday said he was driving the "production candidate" and had an exclamation point indicating his excitement.

The story is what they want it to be. Not what it actually is.
The following 3 users liked this post by jrmckinley:
AMIRZA786 (08-25-23), Hameed (08-25-23), LeX2K (08-25-23)
Old 08-25-23, 09:38 AM
LeX2K
Lexus Champion

Received 2,826 Likes on 2,389 Posts

"Musk unhappy with Cybertruck’s poor quality,
He never said that.

arstechnica.com has a screen grab (low rez) here is the actual image. Looks quite good.

The following 2 users liked this post by LeX2K:
AMIRZA786 (08-25-23), Hameed (08-25-23)
Old 08-25-23, 09:39 AM
AMIRZA786
Lexus Champion

Originally Posted by jrmckinley
This is one of those articles that draws their own negative conclusions and falsely presents them as facts. Read same topic on CNBC yesterday, CNBC had the leaked internal email from Musk and published it. Nowhere in the email, and nowhere in any other article I've read, nor on Musk's Twitter account does it say anything about Musk being "unhappy with Cybertruck's poor quality." which is how this post begins (quoting an article, I understand).

Musk's email just reiterated the need for extreme precision in build quality due to the angular nature of the design. He said Lego and soda can manufacturers achieve the level of precision he's asking the team for. That's literally all it said. Musk's Twitter post yesterday said he was driving the "production candidate" and had an exclamation point indicating his excitement.

The story is what they want it to be. Not what it actually is.
That's the media for you.......

Quick Reply: Tesla Cybertruck