EV Chat General discussion about electrified Lexus, other EV vehicle manufacturers and BEV, PHEV related industry news.

Tesla Cybertruck

Search this Thread

Old 08-26-23, 05:42 PM
AMIRZA786
Lexus Champion

Received 2,151 Likes on 1,672 Posts

Originally Posted by swajames
You have to remember that many of the customers who buy Teslas in California quality for neither the federal nor any state rebates or incentives. The cars still sell very well here, and it's clearly not just because of incentives because so many customers exceed the income thresholds applicable to all the federal/state incentives. Teslas also sold very well here when there were no federal rebates for any Tesla, and again many buyers did not qualify for the state incentives.
I think when you haven't lived with an EV, it's hard looking from the outside trying to comprehend why someone who drove a Lexus, BMW, or another luxury brand would buy a Tesla, or any EV for that matter. I was that person, but once I got my feet wet with the first Ioniq, jumped in with the Polestar, and drowned with the Model Y, the rest became history.

I would make a bet that if and when Bit gets an EV, his perspective will change completely. There are some doubts in the beginning, some range anxiety, once you get over these, you realize that you should done it sooner.

I also think Bit likes to play devil's advocate so he can hear both sides. That's my observation at least
The following users liked this post:
Hameed (08-27-23)
Old 08-26-23, 06:39 PM
JeffKeryk
Racer

Received 531 Likes on 361 Posts

The Cybertruk ain't for me, but the Model Y and Model 3 Highland certainly are. I doubt I will buy anything else, going forward.
Old 08-27-23, 04:32 PM
Hameed
EV ftw!!!

Received 314 Likes on 192 Posts

Originally Posted by AMIRZA786
I think when you haven't lived with an EV, it's hard looking from the outside trying to comprehend why someone who drove a Lexus, BMW, or another luxury brand would buy a Tesla, or any EV for that matter. I was that person, but once I got my feet wet with the first Ioniq, jumped in with the Polestar, and drowned with the Model Y, the rest became history.

I would make a bet that if and when Bit gets an EV, his perspective will change completely. There are some doubts in the beginning, some range anxiety, once you get over these, you realize that you should done it sooner.

I also think Bit likes to play devil's advocate so he can hear both sides. That's my observation at least
100 % agreed 👍

One of my relatives has an M3P and he complains as much about it as he gushes about its insane performance.

His complaints - range, water in taillight, loose trim etc.
AMIRZA786 (08-27-23)
Old 08-27-23, 08:43 PM
bitkahuna
Lexus Fanatic

Received 2,440 Likes on 1,600 Posts

Originally Posted by AMIRZA786
I think when you haven't lived with an EV, it's hard looking from the outside trying to comprehend why someone who drove a Lexus, BMW, or another luxury brand would buy a Tesla, or any EV for that matter.
not for me at least, otherwise i wouldn't be looking at them seriously.

... and drowned with the Model Y, the rest became history.
as i've said before, a model y would meet my needs just fine. how much i would enjoy it is another matter.

I would make a bet that if and when Bit gets an EV, his perspective will change completely.
of course ownership (or leasing one) changes one's perspective but how do you mean 'change completely' and from what to what?

There are some doubts in the beginning, some range anxiety, once you get over these, you realize that you should done it sooner.
i don't buy cars that often so it's not about should have done it sooner. i certainly wouldn't have wanted an ev 3 years ago but things have improved a lot since then with variety, availability, charging, tesla build quality lol, etc.

guilty as charged.

while i've been critical of some aspects of ev's and i don't like fanboyism / herd mentality, i've also heaped a load of praise on them which gets overlooked.

and to me the whole recent 'hate elon' think is ludicrous, the guy has literally changed the world and space travel for the better, and in a big way, and faster than anyone could have imagined. for that, i tip my hat.

Old 08-28-23, 12:00 AM
AMIRZA786
Lexus Champion

Originally Posted by bitkahuna
not for me at least, otherwise i wouldn't be looking at them seriously.

as i've said before, a model y would meet my needs just fine. how much i would enjoy it is another matter.

of course ownership (or leasing one) changes one's perspective but how do you mean 'change completely' and from what to what?

i don't buy cars that often so it's not about should have done it sooner. i certainly wouldn't have wanted an ev 3 years ago but things have improved a lot since then with variety, availability, charging, tesla build quality lol, etc.

guilty as charged.

while i've been critical of some aspects of ev's and i don't like fanboyism / herd mentality, i've also heaped a load of praise on them which gets overlooked.

and to me the whole recent 'hate elon' think is ludicrous, the guy has literally changed the world and space travel for the better, and in a big way, and faster than anyone could have imagined. for that, i tip my hat.
Although I bought the Model Y as our family car and for it's utility, it's fun and enjoyable to drive. You put your foot down, and you feel the torque rush through you. It's heavy as a sack of bricks, yet it handles and brakes amazingly well. I look forward to driving it each and everyday. My Sienna on the other hand, which probably weighs less than my Y lol, was bought for the same reason, yet I feel zero joy driving it
Mike728 (08-28-23)
Old 08-28-23, 11:11 AM
bitkahuna
Lexus Fanatic

well this isn't good press...

Tesla’s Cybertruck has a serious problem that only a complete redesign can fix

Elon Musk is calling for Lego-like precision in the Cybertruck. Its design makes that an impossible ask.

but wait, there's more...

Adrian Clarke—a professional car designer who now writes design critiques for the automobile publication The Autopian—told me back then: “The Cybertruck is a low polygon joke that only exists in the fever dreams of Tesla fans that stands high on the smell of Elon Musk’s flatulences.”
much more specifics here:
https://www.fastcompany.com/90945689...design-can-fix

Last edited by bitkahuna; 08-28-23 at 11:16 AM.
Old 08-28-23, 11:17 AM
AMIRZA786
Lexus Champion

Tesla’s Cybertruck has a serious problem that only a complete redesign can fix

Elon Musk is calling for Lego-like precision in the Cybertruck. Its design makes that an impossible ask.

but wait, there's more...

I dunno, sounds like a hater to me. Same person who would have advised me to sell off all my Tesla shares in 2019. 100 percent of Tesla critics have been 100 percent wrong, 100 percent of the time. I'm not trying to sound like a fanboy, I'm just looking at past records. Just my opinion

Last edited by AMIRZA786; 08-28-23 at 11:23 AM.
Old 08-28-23, 11:32 AM
LeX2K
Lexus Fanatic

Received 2,935 Likes on 2,471 Posts

much more specifics here:
Leave it to you to trust this guy over Elon. lol

Old 08-28-23, 11:37 AM
AMIRZA786
Lexus Champion

Originally Posted by LeX2K

Oh man, he looks totally credible to me
Old 08-28-23, 03:29 PM
bitkahuna
Lexus Fanatic

and leave it to you to cherry pick info... assume that's the article author... there are of course quotes from several other people in there.

and only 'true believers' call company ceo's by the first name.

but i certainly hope the cybertruck is launched without significant issues. it's only 2 years late though, so far.

Last edited by bitkahuna; 08-28-23 at 05:48 PM.
Old 08-28-23, 03:36 PM
LeX2K
Lexus Fanatic

and leave it to you to cherry pick info... assume that's the article author... there are of course quotes from several other people in there.

and only 'true believers' call company ceo's by the first name.

but i certainly hope the cybertruck is launched with significant issues. it's only 2 years late though, so far.
You know damn well that's a hit piece that's why you posted it. Cybertruck does not have a show stopper flaw that requires a complete redesign that's total nonsense.
Cybertruck is a low polygon joke that only exists in the fever dreams of Tesla fans that stands high on the smell of Elon Musk’s flatulences
Or maybe you agree with this, would make sense since you've said on multiple occasions Cybertruck will be a flop.

BTW if you want to know what this "true believer" made from Tesla stock shoot me a PM. I will continue to call Musk "Elon".

Last edited by LeX2K; 08-28-23 at 03:53 PM.
Old 08-28-23, 05:50 PM
bitkahuna
Lexus Fanatic

Or maybe you agree with this, would make sense since you've said on multiple occasions Cybertruck will be a flop.
i have not said it would be a flop. i have said i think it's ugly.
but i have also said if half the deposits get withdrawn it's stil a huge success.

BTW if you want to know what this "true believer" made from Tesla stock shoot me a PM. I will continue to call Musk "Elon".
as usual, you bring it back to stock and it's not about stock. i hope you made millions.
Old 08-28-23, 06:14 PM
LeX2K
Lexus Fanatic

i have not said it would be a flop. i have said i think it's ugly.
You said so in this thread, and have in other threads.
i think the cybertruck will be a complete dud by the time it eventually ships, crushed by rivian and ford to name 2 major competitors.
i still think the cybertruck will be a total dud.
but i have also said if half the deposits get withdrawn it's stil a huge success.
But not before the entire vehicle is scrapped and redesigned according to the article you posted.
as usual, you bring it back to stock and it's not about stock. i hope you made millions.
You call Elon fans "true believers" I'm sure you mean that as the highest compliment. I'm telling you why I'm a fan I'd be a complete fool not to be.
Old 08-28-23, 06:30 PM
bitkahuna
Lexus Fanatic

You said so in this thread, and have in other threads.
way to dig up posts from 5/21 and 12/21

But not before the entire vehicle is scrapped and redesigned according to the article you posted.
that's the article, i did not state that. just sharing another point of view out there that isn't "everything's wonderful" as you always seem to think it is.
Old 08-28-23, 06:37 PM
LeX2K
Lexus Fanatic

way to dig up posts from 5/21 and 12/21
If you've changed your mind then say so it's all good. Less than 2 years ago you said Cybertruck was a dud. Smart people change their mind fools never do.
that's the article, i did not state that. just sharing another point of view out there that isn't "everything's wonderful" as you always seem to think it is.
That article is not grounded in any reality it's pure rage click nonsense. I welcome talking about actual flaws, challenges, shortcomings. Explain to me how that article represents anything resembling reality I'm willing to listen. If you can lay out in a logical and factual way why Cybertruck in it's current form has to be scrapped as the article claims I'm all ears.
"everything's wonderful" as you always seem to think it is.
This is you trying to mind read.
Hameed (08-28-23)

Quick Reply: Tesla Cybertruck