EV Chat General discussion about electrified Lexus, other EV vehicle manufacturers and BEV, PHEV related industry news.

Tesla Cybertruck

Search this Thread

Old 10-30-23, 07:08 PM
bitkahuna
Lexus Fanatic

Received 2,372 Likes on 1,557 Posts

Originally Posted by LeX2K
You predict Cybertruck will sell about 40K units a year do I have that right?
There are over 1 million pre-orders that means you think about 5% will actually buy.
not speaking for amirza, but it will be interesting to see if tesla can PRODUCE more than 40k units in the first year at least.

and yeah, it seems likely the ASP of a cybertruck will be 80k with no promised 40k model ever. but no doubt there will be fans flocking to get them and idiots buying early ones at hundreds of thousands because "elon"

do you have a pre-order in? do you plan to get one?

Reusable rockets are VERY hard to make. Everyone said it was stupid to try and was impossible. How did that turn out again?
spacex wasn't trying to make a million of 'em.
Old 10-30-23, 08:21 PM
LeX2K
Lexus Champion

Received 2,826 Likes on 2,389 Posts

Originally Posted by bitkahuna
not speaking for amirza, but it will be interesting to see if tesla can PRODUCE more than 40k units in the first year at least.
Remember when Tesla wasn't able to ramp production and it was going to kill off the company? Tesla has figured out how to scale. What's great about Cybertruck is cannot be copied you'll no doubt mock this but it's not the negative you think it is. Well you think almost everything Tesla does is bad.
and yeah, it seems likely the ASP of a cybertruck will be 80k with no promised 40k model ever. but no doubt there will be fans flocking to get them and idiots buying early ones at hundreds of thousands because "elon"
Wait, you're calling him by his first name? Damn. Cybertruck will be price competitive and unlike other EV trucks will be profitable in 2 years. It is childish that you call people with different buying tastes as you "idiots". Are you jealous of people that have money to burn and like to be early adopters? It happens with every car brand.
do you have a pre-order in? do you plan to get one?
It's very tempting.
spacex wasn't trying to make a million of 'em.
Don't intentionally miss the point.

Last edited by LeX2K; 10-30-23 at 08:24 PM.
Old 10-31-23, 05:34 AM
bitkahuna
Lexus Fanatic

Well you think almost everything Tesla does is bad.
completely untrue. i almost bought a model X and then almost a model Y so there's that. i rented one for a week recently to get more experience with a tesla.
tesla brought the ev to the masses, a herculean feat, but they're pretty much 'electric mobile appliances', very strong in utility, but about as plain as a GE refrigerator
the drivetrain, software, OTA updates, and charging infrastructure are excellent though. the speed at which the company has scaled is probably unprecedented.
but in my specific case the 'quirks and features' weren't right to get one. maybe one day.

Wait, you're calling him by his first name?
no that's what the fans say.

Cybertruck will be price competitive and unlike other EV trucks will be profitable in 2 years.
impressive predictions. we'll see.

It is childish that you call people with different buying tastes as you "idiots".
this was about those who pay a fortune for early slots... not the general consumer. keep up man. same goes for anything... the idiots who buy early iphones for fortunes, etc.

It's very tempting.
if you put in a pre-order now, you'll likely get an option to fill it in 3-5 years.
Old 10-31-23, 08:38 AM
AMIRZA786
Lexus Champion

Received 2,098 Likes on 1,630 Posts

but they're pretty much 'electric mobile appliances', very strong in utility, but about as plain as a GE refrigerator
the drivetrain, software, OTA updates, and charging infrastructure are excellent though. the speed at which the company has scaled is probably unprecedented.
That's why I luv em And why they move over 400K per quarter
Old 10-31-23, 09:47 AM
swajames
Pole Position

Received 649 Likes on 404 Posts

I have a reservation placed right at the unveil, and if the theories on the Tesla forums are right, I have a reasonably low order number and stand a decent chance of a first year delivery. Time will tell (on both the delivery date and if I do confirm the order, there are a LOT of details yet to be released). My order was for the tri motor so if they don't build the base trims the delivery times should shorten for those who opt for the higher trim levels. Hopefully we'll learn some of the missing info at the end of November.
Old 10-31-23, 09:51 AM
AMIRZA786
Lexus Champion

Originally Posted by swajames
I have a reservation placed right at the unveil, and if the theories on the Tesla forums are right, I have a reasonably low order number and stand a decent chance of a first year delivery. Time will tell (on both the delivery date and if I do confirm the order, there are a LOT of details yet to be released). My order was for the tri motor so if they don't build the base trims the delivery times should shorten for those who opt for the higher trim levels. Hopefully we'll learn some of the missing info at the end of November.
"but no doubt there will be fans flocking to get them and idiots buying early ones at hundreds of thousands because "elon"

I'm sure Bit wasn't talking about you
🤣
Old 10-31-23, 09:55 AM
swajames
Pole Position

Originally Posted by AMIRZA786
"but no doubt there will be fans flocking to get them and idiots buying early ones at hundreds of thousands because "elon"
🤣
Of course he wasn't! Or maybe he was

Good news is mine would be direct so if I can get one it's at MSRP. I've never paid over MSRP for anything and don't intend to start with the CyberTruck.

As an aside, my Lightning continues to be the best truck I've ever owned. It's absolutely fantastic. There's nothing about the Cybertruck that would necessarily make me want to switch. I like the fact that it's basically a normal F150 with a great powertrain and that all the standard F150 accessories fit. My Cybertruck reservation predates the launch of the Lightning, so it was in first but will be available way later. I've had my Lightning now for over a year,
The following users liked this post:
AMIRZA786 (10-31-23)
Old 10-31-23, 09:56 AM
bitkahuna
Lexus Fanatic

🤣
no i wasn't, by 'idiots' i meant the ones who buy from the flippers at insane prices. and you know that's going to happen.

in other news... cybertruck attempts off road

Old 10-31-23, 09:59 AM
Hameed
EV ftw!!!

Received 292 Likes on 175 Posts

Same here!👍
Old 10-31-23, 10:02 AM
AMIRZA786
Lexus Champion

Of course he wasn't! Or maybe he was

Good news is mine would be direct so if I can get one it's at MSRP. I've never paid over MSRP for anything and don't intend to start with the CyberTruck.

As an aside, my Lightning continues to be the best truck I've ever owned. It's absolutely fantastic. There's nothing about the Cybertruck that would necessarily make me want to switch. I like the fact that it's basically a normal F150 with a great powertrain and that all the standard F150 accessories fit. My Cybertruck reservation predates the launch of the Lightning, so it was in first but will be available way later. I've had my Lightning now for over a year,
Ah, but can you drive your Lightning on Mars? I think not
Old 10-31-23, 10:03 AM
AMIRZA786
Lexus Champion

no i wasn't, by 'idiots' i meant the ones who buy from the flippers at insane prices. and you know that's going to happen.

in other news... cybertruck attempts off road

https://x.com/dimazeniuk/status/1716...sQblu2uuSBOqLw
You saw the laughing emoji, right?
Old 10-31-23, 10:21 AM
swajames
Pole Position

Ah, but can you drive your Lightning on Mars? I think not
you raise an excellent point. I hadn’t considered that possibility!

Old 10-31-23, 10:27 AM
AMIRZA786
Lexus Champion

you raise an excellent point. I hadn’t considered that possibility!

Old 10-31-23, 10:53 AM
bitkahuna
Lexus Fanatic

so what's the guess on what CT will weigh?
Old 10-31-23, 10:57 AM
AMIRZA786
Lexus Champion

so what's the guess on what CT will weigh?
It's heavy

Quick Reply: Tesla Cybertruck