EV Chat General discussion about electrified Lexus, other EV vehicle manufacturers and BEV, PHEV related industry news.

Tesla Cybertruck

Search this Thread

Old 12-01-23 | 10:05 PM
AMIRZA786
Lexus Champion

Originally Posted by patgilm
Funny, I was thinking the exact same thing and thought maybe if he was more normal he wouldn’t be so successful. I also don’t think he is divisive, he just says what he thinks. Just because other people don’t speak their mind doesn’t mean they aren’t divisive, it’s just not in your face.
I would say a good number of brilliant people I've met are a bit off. Elon so much reminds me of a former CEO who is now the founder of the company I work for, brilliant inventor, engineer and scientist, but completely unfiltered, says what's on his mind, and can say the most socially awkward things at the wrong time.

Also Elon has said he has Aspergers, and I suspect our companies founder does as well
Old 12-01-23 | 10:12 PM
patgilm
Lead Lap

Talking

Originally Posted by AMIRZA786
I would say a good number of brilliant people I've met are a bit off. Elon so much reminds me of a former CEO who is now the founder of the company I work for, brilliant inventor, engineer and scientist, but completely unfiltered, says what's on his mind, and can say the most socially awkward things at the wrong time.

Also Elon has said he has Aspergers, and I suspect our companies founder does as well
Oh no doubt he’s on the spectrum. What makes me cringe when he publicly speaks is not what he says, it’s the weird mannerisms he has when he talks. It’s kind of uncomfortable to watch.

Also, I still like the Cybertruck and would love to buy one but this time I’ll wait until the hype dies down if you know what I mean…
The following users liked this post:
AMIRZA786 (12-01-23)
Old 12-01-23 | 10:14 PM
LeX2K
Lexus Fanatic

I dare you to try this on your car.

The following users liked this post:
AMIRZA786 (12-01-23)
Old 12-01-23 | 10:51 PM
AMIRZA786
Lexus Champion

Oh no doubt he’s on the spectrum. What makes me cringe when he publicly speaks is not what he says, it’s the weird mannerisms he has when he talks. It’s kind of uncomfortable to watch.

Also, I still like the Cybertruck and would love to buy one but this time I’ll wait until the hype dies down if you know what I mean…
Now that I've learned more about it, I love it as well. Not going to buy one, but I am going to 100 percent test drive one when they make them available. The Cyber beast!
Old 12-01-23 | 10:51 PM
AMIRZA786
Lexus Champion

Originally Posted by LeX2K

https://twitter.com/ray4tesla/status...85941210730631
That's awesome! Funny as hell 🤣🤣

Haters are going to have a hard time keying this thing
Old 12-01-23 | 10:58 PM
Margate330
Lexus Test Driver

I wouldn't recommend it.

Had my hands full one time so I closed my friends car door with my knee.

It wasn't pretty. .

Old 12-02-23 | 06:44 AM
SW17LS
Lexus Fanatic

https://twitter.com/ray4tesla/status...85941210730631
Why would I want to? Think about how much more efficient it would be if it were lighter, how much fewer resources it would use.

Cool, but pointless. That’s what this vehicle is in its totality, cool but pointless. Celebrities will drive them all over Hollywood. It’s like a modern Hummer.
Old 12-02-23 | 08:12 AM
JeffKeryk
Racer

From Santana Row... As much as I have deemed the CT "butt-ugly", IMO it looks much better in person. Huge by huge windshield and that enormous single wiper blade! Here ya go!

Old 12-02-23 | 08:18 AM
SW17LS
Lexus Fanatic

I don't think "ugly" is the right word, its very different. It can't really be judged by the way we would normally call a vehicle ugly or attractive
Old 12-02-23 | 08:19 AM
Mike728
Lead Lap

Originally Posted by SW17LS
It’s like a modern Hummer.
Yep! I hadn't thought of that, but that's exactly what I'll be reminded of.
Old 12-02-23 | 08:24 AM
SW17LS
Lexus Fanatic

Originally Posted by Mike728
Yep! I hadn't thought of that, but that's exactly what I'll be reminded of.
Yep, thats the best way to describe it I think...
Old 12-02-23 | 08:39 AM
B Dot
Intermediate

Smart, I think intial hype will die down quick on these and they will get a big price cut like the Model S and X did.
Old 12-02-23 | 09:15 AM
LeX2K
Lexus Fanatic

Why would I want to? Think about how much more efficient it would be if it were lighter, how much fewer resources it would use.

Cool, but pointless. That’s what this vehicle is in its totality, cool but pointless. Celebrities will drive them all over Hollywood. It’s like a modern Hummer.
Your car is pointless you could drive a Corolla and still get around. Think about the massive resources you'd save.
Old 12-02-23 | 09:39 AM
SW17LS
Lexus Fanatic

Your car is pointless you could drive a Corolla and still get around. Think about the massive resources you'd save.
This is true to an extent. But, everything thats designed into my car provides me with a benefit, its designed with weight and efficiency in mind to the point where they can deliver the experience that they want to deliver. Making the CT lighter would actually have made it better, it would have better range, it would have been even faster, it would drive better, it would have even better payload etc...this is just for YouTube videos like that and so Elon can shoot bullets at it on stage and have everybody pay attention to him.

I like things that are designed in a way that works the best, thats one of my big issues with Tesla and how they design cars. They design lots of stuff to be "cool" and "different" that actually makes their cars worse. Yokes. No stalks. Turn signal buttons. Horn buttons. Gullwing doors. Super thick stainless panels that have a huge cost and add weight just so you can film yourself kicking your own door. Etc.

As for the CyberTruck being pointless. Nobody is ever going to haul stuff in this vehicle. Its never going offroad. The bed will never be used. Its simply a fashion accessory to be driven around Beverly Hills by Arnold Swarzenegger and Ben Affleck. So huge parking it will be painful, not practical really for any reason. Cool, but pointless. Like a Hummer.

Last edited by SW17LS; 12-02-23 at 09:44 AM.
Old 12-02-23 | 10:03 AM
LeX2K
Lexus Fanatic

Cybertruck completely eliminates the paint shop one of the most resource intensive and polluting parts of auto production. Your claims that no one will ever use Cybertruck for utility is ridiculous and will not age well. Quote me on it, you will be wrong.
But, everything thats designed into my car provides me with a benefit,
No door dings is a HUGE benefit.

Quick Reply: Tesla Cybertruck