EV Chat General discussion about electrified Lexus, other EV vehicle manufacturers and BEV, PHEV related industry news.

Tesla Cybertruck

Search this Thread

Old 12-16-23, 10:20 AM
AMIRZA786
Lexus Champion

Received 2,098 Likes on 1,630 Posts

Originally Posted by BrettJacks
And this is what I'm talking about.
Most Tesla owners are just regular people like yourself. The cultish behavior you are referring to mainly happens in forums, regular "normal" Tesla owners don't join forums, mainly the ultra enthusiasts (I made that word up ). I've seen this behavior in other forums I've belonged to like the Civic Si forum. I think Tesla owners in forum settings take it a step further because of all the misinformation they hear. For example in the Polestar forum where I also belong, I stay out of Tesla discussions because of the vile hate and misinformation. I'm not excusing cultish behavior, just trying to give you some context.

Most Tesla owners I personally know, and I know a lot of them just think of it as a vehicle that gets them from A to B. Period. Unless they own a Plaid
Old 12-16-23, 08:17 PM
AJT123
Lexus Champion

Received 216 Likes on 181 Posts

Originally Posted by AMIRZA786
Most Tesla owners are just regular people like yourself. The cultish behavior you are referring to mainly happens in forums, regular "normal" Tesla owners don't join forums, mainly the ultra enthusiasts (I made that word up ). I've seen this behavior in other forums I've belonged to like the Civic Si forum. I think Tesla owners in forum settings take it a step further because of all the misinformation they hear. For example in the Polestar forum where I also belong, I stay out of Tesla discussions because of the vile hate and misinformation. I'm not excusing cultish behavior, just trying to give you some context.

Most Tesla owners I personally know, and I know a lot of them just think of it as a vehicle that gets them from A to B. Period. Unless they own a Plaid
The ones that are fanboys are pretty damn bad.

I got banned from city data forums, totally banned, for this post:

You've got people in there saying V8s are noise pollution, lmao. None of my cars have exhausts. This joker mod in there can't handle being called out and just bans people, I broke ZERO TOS.

Last edited by AJT123; 12-16-23 at 09:59 PM.
Old 12-16-23, 09:20 PM
AMIRZA786
Lexus Champion

Originally Posted by AJT123

https://www.city-data.com/forum/66063102-post456.html

You've got people in there saying V8s are noise pollution, lmao. None of my cars have exhausts. This joker mod in there can't handle being called out and just bans people, I broke ZERO TOS.
For sure there are some fanboys that push the envelope, but you find fanboys in every forum. When I sold my Si in 2019 and bought an IS350, I had members that wanted me booted, although I was continuing to offer advice on the Si. To this day I have a guy stalking me from the Civicx forum, he gets booted and creates a new account. He recently found out I was on the Polestar forum and began trolling me.

As I offered another member here on CL some advice: just tune out the noise
Old 12-16-23, 10:01 PM
AJT123
Lexus Champion

For sure there are some fanboys that push the envelope, but you find fanboys in every forum. When I sold my Si in 2019 and bought an IS350, I had members that wanted me booted, although I was continuing to offer advice on the Si. To this day I have a guy stalking me from the Civicx forum, he gets booted and creates a new account. He recently found out I was on the Polestar forum and began trolling me.

As I offered another member here on CL some advice: just tune out the noise
Right. I'm not losing sleep, but that idiot mod just bans anyone who makes an argument he couldn't argue against.

Old 12-17-23, 04:16 AM
bitkahuna
Lexus Fanatic

Received 2,372 Likes on 1,557 Posts

i can see why you got banned.
The following 2 users liked this post by bitkahuna:
Margate330 (12-17-23), Mike728 (12-17-23)
Old 12-17-23, 07:07 AM
Mike728
Lead Lap

Received 643 Likes on 483 Posts

Originally Posted by bitkahuna
Yep, also wondering why he's posting in this forum when he states things like this:
"You just have a problem with people who just simply don't care for EVs and it's kind of ridiculous..."

I see why he edited his post to remove the link.
Old 12-17-23, 07:45 AM
Hameed
EV ftw!!!

Received 292 Likes on 175 Posts

None of my cars have exhausts. This joker mod in there can't handle being called out and just bans people, I broke ZERO TOS.
If none of your cars has an exhaust, you must have major hearing loss now as your cars would be insanely loud and deafening.

Definitely the definition of noise pollution.
Old 12-17-23, 09:03 AM
FrankReynoldsCPA
Lexus Test Driver

Received 94 Likes on 66 Posts

Originally Posted by Hameed
If none of your cars has an exhaust, you must have major hearing loss now as your cars would be insanely loud and deafening.

Definitely the definition of noise pollution.
What? he's saying that none of his cars have modified exhaust systems. He's left them stock, so they aren't noisy.
Old 12-17-23, 10:00 AM
Hameed
EV ftw!!!

Received 292 Likes on 175 Posts

Originally Posted by BrettJacks
What? he's saying that none of his cars have modified exhaust systems. He's left them stock, so they aren't noisy.
I was just kidding as he didn't explicitly use the word "modified".
Old 12-17-23, 12:56 PM
AJT123
Lexus Champion

Originally Posted by Mike728
Yep, also wondering why he's posting in this forum when he states things like this:
"You just have a problem with people who just simply don't care for EVs and it's kind of ridiculous..."
Originally Posted by bitkahuna
Here's the whole statement. Please tell me in what world this is TOS breaking, lmao.

Quote: Originally Posted by ddee
You may only think you prefer that - try an EV - the "cacophony of a powerful V8" is not very useful on the street most of the time while the silent speed of an EV can be used at every light.

I don't care that your Teslas go 0-60 in .0000006 seconds. That doesn't make my cars slow. To tell me my cars have engines that aren't "useful on the street", man if you're gonna insult people all day long at least get your facts straight. All three of them barely have to crest 2,000RPM to get moving smartly.

You see, I like cars that are built like tanks. Not $140k Teslas delivered with mismatched brand and size tires and interiors that you can literally rip apart with your hands.

Practically all of it is false - very few would consider most EVs hideous - but that is opinion disguised as factual. The rest is stuff that has been refuted several times in this and similar threads already so won't do it again.

They're ugly, some Teslas look good. The MBs are hideous.

We live in very different neighborhoods I guess - in my neighborhood, I see more than a few MB or Audi EVs and every 3rd or 4th vehicle is an EV, mostly Teslas. Also C&D said "Electric motors have far fewer moving parts than internal combustion engines. This means electric cars often require far less maintenance (and can be cheaper to operate) than their gas-burning counterparts." Sounds like they disagree about that for the majority of use.

The point is, they flat said don't expect to save a lot of money over an ICE.

They also lamented the horrendous build quality of Tesla.

Most here really could care less what you drive or what you want to buy. It is the bad / false / old info about EVs that many are trying to correct, not really pushing an agenda.

It's not false info that the infastructure isn't even close.
It's not false info that half the country doesn't want one because Uncle Sam is telling us we need one.
It's not false info that in cold climates battery range drops significantly.
It's not false info that I'm constantly looking at misaligned panels on Teslas all day long on the road.

It's not false info that millions of people still love engines.

And it's not false info that Tesla is second to worst for reliability.

You just have a problem with people who just simply don't care for EVs and it's kind of ridiculous.... it's so bad it's like food for god's sake. If you don't like Brussel Sprouts is there any way, in the world, for me or anyone to change your mind??? Why don't you like them?? Oh you just don't?? I got it. See?

----------------------------------

How is me simply saying something back to someone a big deal? EVs aren't my choice, big deal.

Last edited by AJT123; 12-17-23 at 12:59 PM.
Old 12-17-23, 01:21 PM
AMIRZA786
Lexus Champion

Here's the whole statement. Please tell me in what world this is TOS breaking, lmao.

You may only think you prefer that - try an EV - the "cacophony of a powerful V8" is not very useful on the street most of the time while the silent speed of an EV can be used at every light.

I don't care that your Teslas go 0-60 in .0000006 seconds. That doesn't make my cars slow. To tell me my cars have engines that aren't "useful on the street", man if you're gonna insult people all day long at least get your facts straight. All three of them barely have to crest 2,000RPM to get moving smartly.

You see, I like cars that are built like tanks. Not $140k Teslas delivered with mismatched brand and size tires and interiors that you can literally rip apart with your hands.

Practically all of it is false - very few would consider most EVs hideous - but that is opinion disguised as factual. The rest is stuff that has been refuted several times in this and similar threads already so won't do it again.

They're ugly, some Teslas look good. The MBs are hideous.

We live in very different neighborhoods I guess - in my neighborhood, I see more than a few MB or Audi EVs and every 3rd or 4th vehicle is an EV, mostly Teslas. Also C&D said "Electric motors have far fewer moving parts than internal combustion engines. This means electric cars often require far less maintenance (and can be cheaper to operate) than their gas-burning counterparts." Sounds like they disagree about that for the majority of use.

The point is, they flat said don't expect to save a lot of money over an ICE.

They also lamented the horrendous build quality of Tesla.

Most here really could care less what you drive or what you want to buy. It is the bad / false / old info about EVs that many are trying to correct, not really pushing an agenda.

It's not false info that the infastructure isn't even close.
It's not false info that half the country doesn't want one because Uncle Sam is telling us we need one.
It's not false info that in cold climates battery range drops significantly.
It's not false info that I'm constantly looking at misaligned panels on Teslas all day long on the road.

It's not false info that millions of people still love engines.

And it's not false info that Tesla is second to worst for reliability.

You just have a problem with people who just simply don't care for EVs and it's kind of ridiculous.... it's so bad it's like food for god's sake. If you don't like Brussel Sprouts is there any way, in the world, for me or anyone to change your mind??? Why don't you like them?? Oh you just don't?? I got it. See?

----------------------------------

How is me simply saying something back to someone a big deal? EVs aren't my choice, big deal.
Well, we don't insult people's choices in cars here, and hopefully we never will. For me, EV'S are the future, and I don't judge people who don't want them. I only care about misinformation and it's spreading of it. Other than that, what others like or don't like, I don't judge.

So let's move on from V8's, those discussions belong in Car Chat
The following users liked this post:
Mike728 (12-17-23)
Old 12-17-23, 01:24 PM
AJT123
Lexus Champion

Well, we don't insult people's choices in cars here, and hopefully we never will. For me, EV'S are the future, and I don't judge people who don't want them. I only care about misinformation and it's spreading of it. Other than that, what others like or don't like, I don't judge
I didn't insult anything or anyone's car except the $140k Tesla that came with mismatched tires delivered to a stranger. That's really acceptable quality control?

It's not my fault that almost every Tesla I see has misaligned panel gaps....
Old 12-17-23, 01:29 PM
AMIRZA786
Lexus Champion

I didn't insult anything or anyone's car except the $140k Tesla that came with mismatched tires delivered to a stranger. That's really acceptable quality control?

It's not my fault that almost every Tesla I see has misaligned panel gaps....
​​​​​​I was making a general statement, it wasn't about you. As far as panel gaps and misalignments, I'm around thousands of Tesla's and and I haven't seen what you are talking about. Basically it's BS spread by Tesla haters, which are just as vocal, if not more than fan boys

Show me the panel gaps and misalignments

Old 12-17-23, 01:33 PM
AJT123
Lexus Champion

​​​​​​I was making a general statement, it wasn't about you. As far as panel gaps and misalignments, I'm around thousands of Tesla's and and I haven't seen what you are talking about. Basically it's BS spread by Tesla haters, which are just as vocal, if not more than fan boys

Show me the panel gaps and misalignments

I have a whole reel of them, I take pictures at every light when I see them.

I'm not judging anyone either, being a huge smart *** is fair game in there. Those forums are vastly different than here, not even in the same universe. I just told the guy he needs to get a grip and its okay if people don't care for something. And, like food, I'm not going to change anyone's minds. All of those people can literally drop off the earth for all I care. It's not like here.

Last edited by AJT123; 12-17-23 at 01:44 PM.
The following users liked this post:
AMIRZA786 (12-17-23)
Old 12-17-23, 02:00 PM
swajames
Pole Position

Received 649 Likes on 404 Posts

You might want to at least acknowledge, AJT, that it was you yourself who started the thread that got you banned, noting in your own OP that you will "never buy an EV".

A cursory trawl through your other posts in that thread and forum, and this is fair game as you posted the link to your posts yourself, show you to be obsessively anti-EV. That's really the only conclusion anyone could reasonably reach reading the posts (the confirmation of other stereotypes I suspect many here assumed anyway is just an added bonus).

I don't get it. You confirm in that OP you will never own an EV. You've also made it clear that you'll most definitely never own a Tesla (and Tesla does seem to occupy a special place in your forum activity both over there and here, you even confirmed just now you have a "whole reel" of pics showing misaligned panels on a brand you don't like and won't buy). And yet you spend all this time and energy arguing with EV owners over there and here on CL, telling us why we are wrong and presumably that our actual experience doesn't measure up to your conjecture, rhetoric and opinion.

But we're the "cult members" and "fanboys"? It's us who are "EV-obsessed"?

Maybe getting booted from over there might cause some self reflection. I doubt it will, but it most probably should.
The following 4 users liked this post by swajames:
AMIRZA786 (12-17-23), bitkahuna (12-17-23), bowser (12-17-23), Mike728 (12-17-23)

Quick Reply: Tesla Cybertruck