EV Chat General discussion about electrified Lexus, other EV vehicle manufacturers and BEV, PHEV related industry news.

Tesla Cybertruck

Search this Thread

Old 12-17-23 | 02:12 PM
AMIRZA786
Lexus Champion

Originally Posted by swajames
You might want to at least acknowledge, AJT, that it was you yourself who started the thread that got you banned, noting in your own OP that you will "never buy an EV".

A cursory trawl through your other posts in that thread and forum, and this is fair game as you posted the link to your posts yourself, show you to be obsessively anti-EV. That's really the only conclusion anyone could reasonably reach reading the posts (the confirmation of other stereotypes I suspect many here assumed anyway is just an added bonus).

I don't get it. You confirm in that OP you will never own an EV. You've also made it clear that you'll most definitely never own a Tesla (and Tesla does seem to occupy a special place in your forum activity both over there and here, you even confirmed just now you have a "whole reel" of pics showing misaligned panels on a brand you don't like and won't buy). And yet you spend all this time and energy arguing with EV owners over there and here on CL, telling us why we are wrong and presumably that our actual experience doesn't measure up to your conjecture, rhetoric and opinion.

But we're the "cult members" and "fanboys"? It's us who are "EV-obsessed"?

Maybe getting booted from over there might cause some self reflection. I doubt it will, but it most probably should.
I didn't go to the link he posted, but you basically posted here what was on my mind, and what I was thinking while in discussions with my inner self
The following users liked this post:
swajames (12-17-23)
Old 12-17-23 | 02:12 PM
AJT123
Lexus Champion

You might want to at least acknowledge, AJT, that it was you yourself who started the thread that got you banned, noting in your own OP that you will "never buy an EV".
So? It's one of the longest threads in there which the people point out but don't even realize. My OP was totally neutral. Clearly people were into the thread.

A cursory trawl through your other posts in that thread and forum, and this is fair game as you posted the link to your posts yourself, show you to be obsessively anti-EV. That's really the only conclusion anyone could reasonably reach reading the posts (the confirmation of other stereotypes I suspect many here assumed anyway is just an added bonus).
Nope.... and those posts will show, it's the PUSH for EVs I hate, not the actual cars.

I don't get it. You confirm in that OP you will never own an EV. You've also made it clear that you'll most definitely never own a Tesla (and Tesla does seem to occupy a special place in your forum activity both over there and here, you even confirmed just now you have a "whole reel" of pics showing misaligned panels on a brand you don't like and won't buy). And yet you spend all this time and energy arguing with EV owners over there and here on CL, telling us why we are wrong and presumably that our actual experience doesn't measure up to your conjecture, rhetoric and opinion.
I said I wanted a Cybertruck, lol. I can accept a Tesla, warts and all. They don't have the best build quality.

But we're the "cult members" and "fanboys"? It's us who are "EV-obsessed"?
Where did I call any of you that? It's the fools over there telling me that gunning a V8 bothers people because it makes noise, which is hilarious by the way.

Nobody in her, none of you have ever told me my cars with V8 engines are useless on the streets and that an LS430 V8 accelerating is noise pollution, lmao.

Again, CD ain't no CL. It's a slaughter fest, smart *** hell hole in there.

BTW here was my OP to the 87 page long thread, that the fools on there even pointed out "this is a good thread". I was really controversial and rude as you can see:

"One word answer is fine, or whatever. Let's at least try to be nice so this doesn't get closed because I'd genuinely like to see the results.

"I'll never buy an EV, so there's 1. And no I"m not slamming them nor touting them or whatever, it's just my one word answer."

Last edited by AJT123; 12-17-23 at 02:22 PM.
Old 12-17-23 | 02:28 PM
swajames
Pole Position

It wasn't the OP that got you booted, albeit it did (re)confirm your position on EVs. It was the countless other posts, arguing with others, before the straw broke the camels back.
Old 12-17-23 | 02:35 PM
AJT123
Lexus Champion

It wasn't the OP that got you booted, albeit it did (re)confirm your position on EVs. It was the countless other posts, arguing with others, before the straw broke the camels back.
LOL that I suppose would be one point of view.

It's not one I share. Dude got sick of me debunking his lies and banned me.

Me arguing with others? Does the OP look like I was looking for a fight???
Old 12-17-23 | 02:39 PM
JDR76
Lexus Champion

So this thread isn’t about the Cybertruck anymore?
The following users liked this post:
signdetres (12-17-23)
Old 12-17-23 | 02:42 PM
AJT123
Lexus Champion

Originally Posted by JDR76
So this thread isn’t about the Cybertruck anymore?
It is.

I want one.
Old 12-17-23 | 02:50 PM
AMIRZA786
Lexus Champion

Originally Posted by AJT123
LOL that I suppose would be one point of view.

It's not one I share. Dude got sick of me debunking his lies and banned me.

Me arguing with others? Does the OP look like I was looking for a fight???
We all here fully understand that EV's are not for you, and I think all of us here accept that, and have no problems with that choice. Also, none of us here, in CL are anti V8, V6, or ICE, as many of us still own both. That being said, like it or not, it's the future. And I will 100 percent put it in writing that once the majority of people spend some time with EV's, they won't want to go back. If you don't believe me, do a poll here, and most will confirm what I'm saying. Just speaking for myself, even the lower end EV's drive better than any V8 I've ever driven, and I've driven quite a few (Mustang GT, Challenger RT, LC500, LS460, Mercedes 450SEL and a few others). That doesn't mean ICE is bad or needs to go away, it just means that to most of us who own them, EV's are just better and an evolution.

Now let's move on from this if we can, as this is a Cyber Truck thread that's starting to get derailed Lol
Old 12-17-23 | 02:58 PM
AJT123
Lexus Champion

Originally Posted by AMIRZA786
We all here fully understand that EV's are not for you, and I think all of us here accept that, and have no problems with that choice. Also, none of us here, in CL are anti V8, V6, or ICE, as many of us still own both. That being said, like it or not, it's the future. And I will 100 percent put it in writing that once the majority of people spend some time with EV's, they won't want to go back. If you don't believe me, do a poll here, and most will confirm what I'm saying. Just speaking for myself, even the lower end EV's drive better than any V8 I've ever driven, and I've driven quite a few (Mustang GT, Challenger RT, LC500, LS460, Mercedes 450SEL and a few others). That doesn't mean ICE is bad or needs to go away, it just means that to most of us who own them, EV's are just better and an evolution.

Now let's move on from this if we can, as this is a Cyber Truck thread that's starting to get derailed Lol
With due respect I just don't agree with that. I just don't think FFs are going anywhere anytime soon, ANYTIME soon. It's flat wrong that I don't like Teslas either, there are just some weaknesses I think need to be addressed. But I would love a Cyberbeast. Even more than a Hummer, and everyone knows I'm a GM person.

I can't stress enough that over there might as well be a Gladiator arena from the movie, it's not like CL. It's hilariously ridiculous and bloody.

But yes MOVING ON, I am going to find out this week whenever we are getting any here in Knoxville. I doubt it. Probably will be a while.
Old 12-17-23 | 03:19 PM
AJT123
Lexus Champion

Actually I feel like they will all go to SoCal first, then upstate…

THEN, mass adoption nationwide. Someone from Knox if they HAD to have one would have to go to Atlanta at first.
Old 12-17-23 | 03:48 PM
AMIRZA786
Lexus Champion

With due respect I just don't agree with that. I just don't think FFs are going anywhere anytime soon, ANYTIME soon. It's flat wrong that I don't like Teslas either, there are just some weaknesses I think need to be addressed. But I would love a Cyberbeast. Even more than a Hummer, and everyone knows I'm a GM person.

I can't stress enough that over there might as well be a Gladiator arena from the movie, it's not like CL. It's hilariously ridiculous and bloody.

But yes MOVING ON, I am going to find out this week whenever we are getting any here in Knoxville. I doubt it. Probably will be a while.
You can have all the opinions you want, I'm all for that, but the numbers completely disagree with you. And Tesla's epic factory expansions in the US and all over the world disagree with you. I'll just leave it there...
Old 12-17-23 | 03:57 PM
SW17LS
Lexus Fanatic

My question is why if something is simply not for you, do you spend so much energy trying to paint them in a certain way. I mean, to take pictures of Teslas at every stop light? To me its pretty clear that EVs aren't just "not for you", you actively hate them and spend a lot of energy arguing against them.
The following 2 users liked this post by SW17LS:
AMIRZA786 (12-17-23), signdetres (12-17-23)
Old 12-17-23 | 04:01 PM
AJT123
Lexus Champion

You can have all the opinions you want, I'm all for that, but the numbers completely disagree with you. And Tesla's epic factory expansions in the US and all over the world disagree with you. I'll just leave it there...
Cool. You’re not focusing on what I actually said which has nothing to do with Tesla but yes I would like to move on.

I said FFs aren’t going anywhere.

You counter and say that Teslas are selling like crazy. I don’t nor have I ever disputed that btw.

Agreed to disagree.
Old 12-17-23 | 04:03 PM
AMIRZA786
Lexus Champion

Cool. You’re not focusing on what I actually said which has nothing to do with Tesla but yes I would like to move on.

I said FFs aren’t going anywhere.

You counter and say that Teslas are selling like crazy. I don’t nor have I ever disputed that btw.

Agreed to disagree.
I apologize, I don't know what FF's are
Old 12-17-23 | 04:03 PM
AJT123
Lexus Champion

Originally Posted by SW17LS
My question is why if something is simply not for you, do you spend so much energy trying to paint them in a certain way. I mean, to take pictures of Teslas at every stop light? To me its pretty clear that EVs aren't just "not for you", you actively hate them and spend a lot of energy arguing against them.
I take tons of picture of dozens of cars daily. It’s nothing discriminatory. I saw a Jag that looked so good the other day that about made me wreck trying to take a pic… but another reason was that none of the lights were working lol.

And it’s just in my phone roll, is there a problem with a person taking pictures?

The best lately is that junked MB wagon that’s rusted but still running arohbd.

Last edited by AJT123; 12-17-23 at 04:09 PM.
Old 12-17-23 | 04:04 PM
AJT123
Lexus Champion

I apologize, I don't know what FF's are
Fossil fuels.

Quick Reply: Tesla Cybertruck