EV Chat General discussion about electrified Lexus, other EV vehicle manufacturers and BEV, PHEV related industry news.

Tesla Cybertruck

Search this Thread

Old 02-06-24, 07:28 AM
Allen K
-0----0-

Received 733 Likes on 505 Posts

All the early YT reviews state that it draws a crowd anytime it's parked in a parking lot too. For better or worse, it's eye-catching
Old 02-06-24, 07:44 AM
AMIRZA786
Lexus Champion

Received 2,098 Likes on 1,630 Posts

Originally Posted by Lex_Giorgio
In your opinion, what exactly makes this thing a truck?
I'm curious to hear your thoughts on this.
The fact that it can do things traditional trucks can do, but with that said, I don't know much about trucks, so I can't speak on this. I can only say what I've heard from friends who are truck owners, and they consider it a truck.

I doubt anyone is buying this as a work truck. My cousin is in construction business, and 100 percent he would never buy this for work. As far as my friend with the Raptor, his truck hasn't seen a day of work. His bed liner looks like nothing has been back there but a cooler and maybe some foldable chairs 😂
Old 02-06-24, 07:56 AM
bitkahuna
Lexus Fanatic

Received 2,372 Likes on 1,557 Posts

Originally Posted by AMIRZA786
I don't know much about trucks, so I can't speak on this.
and that's what's interesting about CT... people who have NEVER considered a 'real truck' are considering or waiting to buy a CT. they may well find there are things it can't do that they want to do, and it may end up leading them at some point to more traditional trucks. having said that, 'traditional trucks' are already being drawn in to 'electrification' with hybrids, plugin hybrids, and full ev, and we're just getting started.

if someone needs to tow longer distances, for the foreseeable future they have no choice but to NOT get a full ev truck or be miserable charging every half an hour (not practical).
other than that, ev trucks are here to stay. CT was designed to be 'different' but not just different, to have some unique features like the 4 wheel steering and its interior.

while there are tons of people like Lex_Giorgio who basically hate the CT, there's also tons of people who love this 'novel' truck.

The following 2 users liked this post by bitkahuna:
AMIRZA786 (02-06-24), Hameed (02-06-24)
Old 02-06-24, 08:02 AM
AMIRZA786
Lexus Champion

Originally Posted by bitkahuna
and that's what's interesting about CT... people who have NEVER considered a 'real truck' are considering or waiting to buy a CT. they may well find there are things it can't do that they want to do, and it may end up leading them at some point to more traditional trucks. having said that, 'traditional trucks' are already being drawn in to 'electrification' with hybrids, plugin hybrids, and full ev, and we're just getting started.

if someone needs to tow longer distances, for the foreseeable future they have no choice but to NOT get a full ev truck or be miserable charging every half an hour (not practical).
other than that, ev trucks are here to stay. CT was designed to be 'different' but not just different, to have some unique features like the 4 wheel steering and its interior.

while there are tons of people like Lex_Giorgio who basically hate the CT, there's also tons of people who love this 'novel' truck.
It definitely draws a crowd, love it or hate it. Maybe his contention is they call it a truck? Maybe if they called it the Cyber SUV? 😅
The following users liked this post:
Hameed (02-06-24)
Old 02-06-24, 08:45 AM
ST430
Pole Position

Received 120 Likes on 67 Posts

Driving around the CT makes you feel like a Hollywood movie star. I have never been in or around a vehicle that attracts so much attention. I'm sure it will subside over time, but it's a crazy ***** magnet! Lol

It definitely draws a crowd, love it or hate it. Maybe his contention is they call it a truck? Maybe if they called it the Cyber SUV? 😅
Old 02-06-24, 08:51 AM
AJT123
Lexus Champion

Received 216 Likes on 181 Posts

Yeah I'm wonder how long until we get them. Teslas sell like jelly beans here, it's kind of insane how many you see so maybe we'll get them soon.

The Tesla service place near the mall, wisely turned into a full blown dealership.
Old 02-06-24, 08:53 AM
ST430
Pole Position

​​​​​The CT has an adaptive air suspension that allows you to control its height manually and automatically (for self leveling loads). You fail to comprehend this basic premise of the truck and assume (wrongfully) that it's entry height is it's normal height.

I have seen, played with, and ridden the CT first hand. If you are actually interested in it, feel free to ask any questions and I will try to answer, and if I can't, I will ask my friend who owns one on it.

I made my feelings known about the CT in my review and think it's a good start, tough has its shortcomings that will be addressed when battery tech catches up to the platform.

Originally Posted by Lex_Giorgio
No one cares if you owned 1 or 1,000 vehicles.
"I really doubt you even saw the CT in person" this right here is an assumption (to which you were wrong might I add), which says it all about you.
Just like how you're assuming again that you've owned more vehicles and you're assuming that owning more means something.

The person mentioning the suspension settings didn't even know what it was for...
DaveGS4 (02-06-24)
Old 02-06-24, 08:59 AM
AMIRZA786
Lexus Champion

Originally Posted by AJT123
Yeah I'm wonder how long until we get them. Teslas sell like jelly beans here, it's kind of insane how many you see so maybe we'll get them soon.

The Tesla service place near the mall, wisely turned into a full blown dealership.
Tesla says 2025...but Elon follows the Miller planet time zone....see Interstellar the movie 🤣
Old 02-06-24, 04:06 PM
FrankReynoldsCPA
Lexus Test Driver

Received 94 Likes on 66 Posts

I personally think once the initial hype dies down, it'll sell more like the S/X than the 3/Y.

It'll probably pull a lot of Raptor/TRX owners who bought for status or novelty. I don't think it's going to pull large percentages of traditional ICE truck owners. I certainly won't be lining up to buy one. Even watching the positive reviews, it just doesn't fit my taste or uses.

The finance/tech bro/crypto crowd is going to love it.

Old 02-06-24, 04:15 PM
AMIRZA786
Lexus Champion

Originally Posted by BrettJacks
I personally think once the initial hype dies down, it'll sell more like the S/X than the 3/Y.

It'll probably pull a lot of Raptor/TRX owners who bought for status or novelty. I don't think it's going to pull large percentages of traditional ICE truck owners. I certainly won't be lining up to buy one. Even watching the positive reviews, it just doesn't fit my taste or uses.

The finance/tech bro/crypto crowd is going to love it.
If Tesla gets it profitable, they won't need to go bigger than S/X numbers. At its current price point, only the finance/tech bro/crypto crowd can afford it anyway
Old 02-06-24, 07:03 PM
BayeauxLex
Instructor

Received 185 Likes on 156 Posts

I wouldn’t buy one but if I saw one in person, I’m pulling out my phone 📸🤳
Old 02-06-24, 07:25 PM
AMIRZA786
Lexus Champion

Originally Posted by BayeauxLex
I wouldn’t buy one but if I saw one in person, I’m pulling out my phone 📸🤳
Next time you see one, you should pull out your phone, go to tesla.com, and place an order, Cyber Beast founders edition
BayeauxLex (02-06-24)
Old 02-06-24, 07:50 PM
BayeauxLex
Instructor

Received 185 Likes on 156 Posts

Next time you see one, you should pull out your phone, go to tesla.com, and place an order, Cyber Beast founders edition
🥴🫣
Old 02-07-24, 12:01 PM
AJT123
Lexus Champion

Received 216 Likes on 181 Posts

Wow.

I asked how long the wait was and he told me if I ordered today it would be 2026.

I really liked this. The inside was nice, felt good and it was comfortable.
Old 02-07-24, 12:49 PM
ST430
Pole Position

Who are you and what have you done with the real AJT?

Originally Posted by AJT123
Wow.

I asked how long the wait was and he told me if I ordered today it would be 2026.

I really liked this. The inside was nice, felt good and it was comfortable.
AJT123 (02-08-24)

Quick Reply: Tesla Cybertruck