EV Chat General discussion about electrified Lexus, other EV vehicle manufacturers and BEV, PHEV related industry news.

Tesla Cybertruck

Search this Thread

Old 04-01-24, 07:31 AM
AJT123
Lexus Champion

Received 216 Likes on 181 Posts

Originally Posted by AMIRZA786
I don't care what anyone says, the design is just ugly and needlessly complex for no other reason other than to be an attention *****, IMO. I don't care how good it drives, although I will eventually drive one just to say "I drove one". I guess that makes me somewhat of an attention ***** 🤣

Most people who buy these have no intention to take them off road, the same way most people who own 4x4's never see a day in the dirt. My friend has a fully specced F-150 Raptor with expensive off road tires, yet in one year he hasn't even taken it on a dirt lot.
I really kind of like that blue, but for reasons I already said. That blue might get old on a car, never on a boat.

Tell your friend to go off road ASAP, what a waste. I have had so much fun with the LX it's not even funny and there's not one single ding or scratch from any of that fun. Mud and grime wash off... Just drive in the rain and your undercarriage will wash right off too (but who cares to begin with?).

But, who am I to tell anyone what to do. I can appreciate how he is keeping it spotless.

Last edited by AJT123; 04-01-24 at 07:34 AM.
The following users liked this post:
AMIRZA786 (04-01-24)
Old 04-01-24, 07:36 AM
AMIRZA786
Lexus Champion

Received 2,098 Likes on 1,630 Posts

Originally Posted by AJT123
I really kind of like that blue, but for reasons I already said. That blue might get old on a car, never on a boat.

Tell your friend to go off road ASAP, what a waste. I have had so much fun with the LX it's not even funny and there's not one single ding or scratch from any of that fun. Mud and grime wash off... Just drive in the rain and your undercarriage will wash right off too (but who cares to begin with?).

But, who am I to tell anyone what to do. I can appreciate how he is keeping it spotless.
Yeah, I doubt that will ever happen. That truck is so clean, it sparkles
Old 04-01-24, 07:43 AM
AJT123
Lexus Champion

Yeah, I doubt that will ever happen. That truck is so clean, it sparkles
So does my LX, and it's got a flagship Lexus paint job. I just take it through the car wash and it's fine lol. Looks brand new. If I sold it (I wouldn't) and lied (I wouldn't) and said I never took it off road, nobody would ever know.

I just couldn't imagine buying a vehicle like that and never having the fun it was designed for.

Back to the CT.... I wouldn't take it far off road, and I know I'm a broken record but I think it's just a cool vehicle to not take too seriously. Of course it's not going to replace ANY truck, that's just laughable.
Old 04-01-24, 11:58 AM
spwolf
Lexus Champion

Received 157 Likes on 117 Posts

Back to the CT.... I wouldn't take it far off road, and I know I'm a broken record but I think it's just a cool vehicle to not take too seriously. Of course it's not going to replace ANY truck, that's just laughable.
except for hate of Elon and Teslas, why not?

I have sold many Land Cruisers in my previous life, most owners don't take them to anything more serious that a muddy/sludgy/snowy dirt road full of holes. They go where their Rav4 is dubious to go, and mostly not for some crazy trail hunting like on youtube.

Dont see a reason why they would not get a CT or some BEV SUV. They have electricity in their winter homes and dont travel a lot around. It is pretty much perfect.
Old 04-01-24, 12:59 PM
FrankReynoldsCPA
Lexus Test Driver

Received 94 Likes on 66 Posts

Except for hero worship of Elon and Tesla, I don't see why they HAVE to buy the CT.
Old 04-01-24, 03:24 PM
AJT123
Lexus Champion

Originally Posted by spwolf
except for hate of Elon and Teslas, why not?
Get your facts straight before you spew all this crap. I never said I hate Elon, nor Teslas. Please find where I said that. You'll be searching for a lonnnnng time. I like Elon, actually. He and I share certain views.

I have sold many Land Cruisers in my previous life, most owners don't take them to anything more serious that a muddy/sludgy/snowy dirt road full of holes. They go where their Rav4 is dubious to go, and mostly not for some crazy trail hunting like on youtube.
What does that even matter? Keep your CT, let's see in 20 years which vehicle is still going. Also I sure as hell off road mine so what do I care? I've said so many times it's stupid to not use a vehicle for what it's designed for. CT is designed for looking cool and attracting attention and being fast. Off roading it's pathetic. Let's call a spade a spade here. Range is also terrible, especially with the cover open.

Dont see a reason why they would not get a CT or some BEV SUV.
You don't in any way see why someone, a truck person, wouldn't pick up an $80,000 Sierra Denali or F150 Limited over THIS? Please, join us back in reality. Have you seen these, especially the insides? They're basically fuil zoot luxury cars, the Denali in my family is at least.

Last edited by AJT123; 04-01-24 at 03:27 PM.
Old 04-01-24, 03:45 PM
AMIRZA786
Lexus Champion

Get your facts straight before you spew all this crap. I never said I hate Elon, nor Teslas. Please find where I said that. You'll be searching for a lonnnnng time. I like Elon, actually. He and I share certain views.

What does that even matter? Keep your CT, let's see in 20 years which vehicle is still going. Also I sure as hell off road mine so what do I care? I've said so many times it's stupid to not use a vehicle for what it's designed for. CT is designed for looking cool and attracting attention and being fast. Off roading it's pathetic. Let's call a spade a spade here. Range is also terrible, especially with the cover open.

You don't in any way see why someone, a truck person, wouldn't pick up an $80,000 Sierra Denali or F150 Limited over THIS? Please, join us back in reality. Have you seen these, especially the insides? They're basically fuil zoot luxury cars, the Denali in my family is at least.
I have a moto....don't ever **** off AJT 🤣🤣
Old 04-01-24, 03:59 PM
AJT123
Lexus Champion

I have a moto....don't ever **** off AJT 🤣🤣
Lol nooo. But people are saying the CT is fit to take over all trucks which is one of the most ludicrous statements I've ever heard in my life.

Fleet work trucks and all.
Old 04-01-24, 04:31 PM
AMIRZA786
Lexus Champion

Lol nooo. But people are saying the CT is fit to take over all trucks which is one of the most ludicrous statements I've ever heard in my life.

Fleet work trucks and all.
I was pulling your chain
Old 04-01-24, 05:20 PM
AJT123
Lexus Champion

I was pulling your chain
Hah. I guess I shouldn't tell you that I'm known as the guy that's hilarious to screw with (lightheartedly). I've had people/friends mess with me just for their own entertainment before. Jerks lol.
AMIRZA786 (04-01-24)
Old 04-02-24, 07:18 PM
spwolf
Lexus Champion

Received 157 Likes on 117 Posts

You mixed in few things here. So people buy trucks to offroad them, for range and then also as luxury vehicles?

Truck suck at all 3, and if you believe that people should use things for what they are built for, then trucks should be used for hauling things.

But as you know, most people dont actually buy trucks for that.

Just like they don't buy new vehicles to keep them for 20 years.

As to CT offroading skills, i bet you gonna be annoyed come next winter with all youtubers talking about it.
Old 04-02-24, 07:26 PM
SW17LS
Lexus Fanatic

Received 2,719 Likes on 1,947 Posts

1/2 ton pickup trucks are not suited for off-roading either lol
Old 04-02-24, 08:51 PM
FrankReynoldsCPA
Lexus Test Driver

Received 94 Likes on 66 Posts

I've taken mine into some pretty gnarly places.
Old 04-02-24, 09:05 PM
AMIRZA786
Lexus Champion

Originally Posted by FrankReynoldsCPA
I've taken mine into some pretty gnarly places.
I Think the gnarliest place my friend took his Raptor was an alley he cut through. Those expensive off-road tires really helped 🤣
bitkahuna (04-03-24)
Old 04-03-24, 01:27 AM
AJT123
Lexus Champion

You mixed in few things here. So people buy trucks to offroad them, for range and then also as luxury vehicles?
What are you talking about? People buy trucks because that's what they like. Trucks are so ridiculous now they're basically luxury cars.

Truck suck at all 3, and if you believe that people should use things for what they are built for, then trucks should be used for hauling things.
They're not just built for hauling things. They're massive inside. People like the driving position and toughness. America is doing something right because 1500s have been the best selling vehicles for 40+ years. Everyone may not tow and work a truck to death but I'd say at least 95% of pickup owners have utilized the bed for some convenience...

Just like they don't buy new vehicles to keep them for 20 years.
Of course it's not the norm, but more people keep vehicles for the long haul than you think.

As to CT offroading skills, i bet you gonna be annoyed come next winter with all youtubers talking about it.
I'll be laughing, actually. I already am, I saw some video of a CT going up a muddy incline my rwd LS430 would handle fine and the owner was trying to call it "off roading".

Quick Reply: Tesla Cybertruck