EV Chat General discussion about electrified Lexus, other EV vehicle manufacturers and BEV, PHEV related industry news.

Absolutely epic Tesla explosion... with Elon inside.

Search this Thread

Old 12-24-21 | 07:56 PM
Och
Lexus Champion

Talking Absolutely epic Tesla explosion... with Elon inside.

A guy in Finland was looking at $22k repair on his Tesla, so he decided to blow it up instead using 30kg of Dynamite and a doll of Elon inside. The explosion was absolutely epic, enjoy the video!

Old 12-24-21 | 07:58 PM
Och
Lexus Champion

They removed the battery pack out of the car before they blew it up, they should've kept it to make it even more insane.
Old 12-24-21 | 08:26 PM
mmarshall
Lexus Fanatic

It's like being in a race......you never know what will happen once you are past the Finnish line.
Old 12-24-21 | 09:38 PM
Striker223
Lexus Champion

What a waste of a car. Just repair the stupid thing by pulling the pack and going through it.
Old 12-25-21 | 07:43 AM
UZ214
Pole Position

I saw this video, the shock wave was amazing to look at. Can’t imagine a state of mind to blow your car up
Old 12-25-21 | 07:58 AM
Och
Lexus Champion

Old 12-25-21 | 08:20 AM
natnut
Pole Position

Which is why Tesla's days are numbered. Any brand which could drive a consumer into such anger obviously has fatal flaws in its business plan.

Thank goodness for brands like Toyota which still stick to the fundamentals : high initial build quality, easy maintenance and serviceability and who are now entering the EV market in a meaningful way, to show Tesla how adults actually build cars.
Old 12-25-21 | 08:39 AM
Och
Lexus Champion

Originally Posted by natnut
Which is why Tesla's days are numbered. Any brand which could drive a consumer into such anger obviously has fatal flaws in its business plan.

Thank goodness for brands like Toyota which still stick to the fundamentals : high initial build quality, easy maintenance and serviceability and who are now entering the EV market in a meaningful way, to show Tesla how adults actually build cars.
That's just plain out wrong. All cars are getting more expensive to repair, more and more parts are VIN coded and virtually impossible to be replaced anywhere but the dealer at exorbitant prices. When it comes to battery packs in particular, realize that they are very expensive to produce, and the chemistry of the Li-Ion batteries is a lot like dynamite - premixed for explosion. There is no way any automaker will ever authorize repairs to the battery pack, or aftermarket battery packs, as they will face potential law suits if anything happens.

Owning and maintaining cars is going to become a lot more expensive in the next two decades, cars are going to become only accessible to the upper middle class and up.
Old 12-25-21 | 09:21 AM
RNM GS3
Lexus Test Driver

You must be living in alternative universe.

They are doubling sales YOY and are expanding all over the world.

Tesla and Chinese brands will take over automotive landscape in next 10years.

BTW consumers are having massive issues with Porsche Taycan and Ford MachE so Tesla is still probably the most reliable out of all in terms of Battery operation. This is why i say buying EVs now makes no sense. Its new tech that will be ancient in 5yrs.

Last edited by RNM GS3; 12-25-21 at 09:24 AM.
Old 12-25-21 | 09:44 AM
mbarron37
Advanced

Couldn’t disagree more. I am not a Tesla fanatic, but I see that Teslas are in high demand and generally highly regarded.

Toyotas are great too as we all know, but your comments are extremely hate based towards Tesla. I do wish Toyota had Tesla technology with Toyota quality.

I would consider a Tesla down the road. 👍

Old 12-25-21 | 10:48 AM
EZZ
Lexus Test Driver

Originally Posted by RNM GS3
You must be living in alternative universe.

They are doubling sales YOY and are expanding all over the world.

Tesla and Chinese brands will take over automotive landscape in next 10years.

BTW consumers are having massive issues with Porsche Taycan and Ford MachE so Tesla is still probably the most reliable out of all in terms of Battery operation. This is why i say buying EVs now makes no sense. Its new tech that will be ancient in 5yrs.
I can't believe people still say that Tesla is going out of business. It's just funny or trolling at his point. Nobody can possibly be that out of touch. Hahaha.
Old 12-25-21 | 11:04 AM
IS350mumba
Pit Crew

these ****boxes are disgrace for tesla's name. Give us wireless power technology that he had over 100 years ago
Old 12-25-21 | 01:26 PM
Motorola
Lexus Test Driver

Did you conveniently forget when Top Gear destroyed a Toyota Hilux by exploding a building on it?
Old 12-25-21 | 03:32 PM
Och
Lexus Champion

Originally Posted by Motorola
Did you conveniently forget when Top Gear destroyed a Toyota Hilux by exploding a building on it?
Right about now might be a good time to buy a couple of simple, reliable cars like the Hilux. GIve it another 10 years, and they are going to either outright ban ICEs, or automakers will just conveniently stop making parts of ICEs, so all we're going to be left with is non serviceable electric nonsense.
Old 12-25-21 | 04:21 PM
UZ214
Pole Position

I think that episode they were trying to prove how indestructible that car is. Older Tesla are a headache. One of my friends is already worried his 2016 model S is approaching 70k and he wants to get rid it soon. I was reading somewhere that 2021 about 25% of all cars sold were EV. Tesla is selling like hot cakes.

Originally Posted by Motorola

Quick Reply: Absolutely epic Tesla explosion... with Elon inside.