EV Chat General discussion about electrified Lexus, other EV vehicle manufacturers and BEV, PHEV related industry news.

Tesla beat BMW for 2021 luxury crown, Cox says

Search this Thread

Old 01-28-22, 03:10 PM
JeffKeryk
Racer

Received 531 Likes on 361 Posts

Tesla's margins are into Porsche territory. Tesla's Model Y deliveries just might get to Corolla territory.
Old 01-28-22, 03:58 PM
1111GS

Received 92 Likes on 80 Posts

Originally Posted by AMIRZA786
Apple is an impenetrable force field. Its Apple consumers who have bubbles around them...

Why? How is iPhone revolution different from Tesla or EVs? Have you heard about Apple Car? They, like Amazon and Tesla... if they can get their hands on other stuff, they will. Have you seen their last earning? Must be their consumer sheeps that helped them.
Originally Posted by AMIRZA786
People just don't want to accept EV's are here to stay.
Who are the people? I'm sure at some point in future EV's will take over. For now if I bet, I would bet the most common reason people buy Tesla or EV's is to get away with gas price and getting tax credit. I have no issue with Tesla or EV's. But I don't own one and don't have that as an excuse. I don't have those needs and their designs are not appealing to me. And I'm sure there are a lot of "sheeps" like me.
Old 01-28-22, 04:33 PM
AMIRZA786
Lexus Champion

Received 2,150 Likes on 1,672 Posts

Originally Posted by 1111GS
Why? How is iPhone revolution different from Tesla or EVs? Have you heard about Apple Car? They, like Amazon and Tesla... if they can get their hands on other stuff, they will. Have you seen their last earning? Must be their consumer sheeps that helped them.

Who are the people? I'm sure at some point in future EV's will take over. For now if I bet, I would bet the most common reason people buy Tesla or EV's is to get away with gas price and getting tax credit. I have no issue with Tesla or EV's. But I don't own one and don't have that as an excuse. I don't have those needs and their designs are not appealing to me. And I'm sure there are a lot of "sheeps" like me.
I've never said it's different. Except Apple has excellent fit and finish. And jokes aside, I want Apple to do well, as I own a ton of their shares in my portfolio. So I want the sheep to keep sheeping.

As far as EV haters and deniers, there are a several posts and posters, on this and similar threads that outright said it's not going to happen, or it's bubble, even comparing EV'S to the .dot com era. I won't point them out, a simple read though and you will find them