EV Chat General discussion about electrified Lexus, other EV vehicle manufacturers and BEV, PHEV related industry news.

Lucid Q4 & Full Year 2021 Financials + New Factory in Saudi Arabia

Search this Thread

Old 03-05-22, 02:09 PM
LeX2K
Lexus Fanatic

Received 3,055 Likes on 2,567 Posts

Originally Posted by SW17LS
Think of all the cheap entry level Teslas we were promised that never materialized
Would be very foolish for Tesla to build a cheap car when they can't keep up with demand for expensive ones.
Old 03-05-22, 02:34 PM
SW17LS
Lexus Fanatic

Received 2,772 Likes on 1,979 Posts

Originally Posted by LeX2K
Would be very foolish for Tesla to build a cheap car when they can't keep up with demand for expensive ones.
They still promised and took deposits for cars they likely never intended to build, which is underhanded.

Lucid at least isn’t doing that.
Old 03-05-22, 03:00 PM
RNM GS3
Lexus Test Driver

Received 70 Likes on 52 Posts

They still promised and took deposits for cars they likely never intended to build, which is underhanded.

Oh yes Tesla is so evil and Lucid is a saint…give me a break.

If anything Tesla has done great job with providing direct sales and continued updates on models.

You want to see underhanded, go try to buy a 911.
Old 03-05-22, 03:31 PM
bitkahuna
Lexus Fanatic

Received 2,504 Likes on 1,646 Posts

they aren't doing much of anything, it seems.
Old 03-05-22, 03:39 PM
SW17LS
Lexus Fanatic

Originally Posted by RNM GS3
Oh yes Tesla is so evil and Lucid is a saint…give me a break.

If anything Tesla has done great job with providing direct sales and continued updates on models.

You want to see underhanded, go try to buy a 911.
Sorry, but I believe its pretty obvious that Tesla has promised inexpensive models of their cars and then never delivered that. I know a bunch of people who for instance made deposits for $35,000 Model 3s that never materialized. One of my admins did that...shocker she never got a $35,000 Model 3. How about people that put deposits on Cybertrucks YEARS ago?

You can chock that up to Elon over promising and under delivering, but the reality is Tesla gets available cash that way, and a lot of it even though those deposits do eventually get refunded when the buyers realize what they want isn't coming anytime soon, or ever.

Does Porsche take deposits for vehicles they never intend to produce? When have they done that? I believe Tesla knew full well they were never going to release a $35,000 Model 3, and that the Cybertruck was many years away, if it ever was going to materialize. Yet, happy to let unlimited people give them $200 for a while. Its like Crowdfunding.
Old 03-05-22, 05:02 PM
LeX2K
Lexus Fanatic

You may be surprised to learn this thread is not about Tesla. You obviously are very angry about what you think Tesla did or didn't do make a thread about it.
Originally Posted by bitkahuna
they aren't doing much of anything, it seems.
Well they did win car of the year. Yay?
Old 03-05-22, 05:14 PM
SW17LS
Lexus Fanatic

You may be surprised to learn this thread is not about Tesla. You obviously are very angry about what you think Tesla did or didn't do make a thread about it.
I'm not angry at all, but I call it like I see it. Tesla just came up organically in conversation from me agreeing with something you said.
Old 03-05-22, 06:30 PM
bitkahuna
Lexus Fanatic

Received 2,504 Likes on 1,646 Posts

There's over a $100k difference between the cheapest version of the S Class and the top version. Thats not that uncommon with high end cars. Range Rovers are the same way, Porsches...some BMWs...
well that's still takes some cajones to go after those competitors with your FIRST PRODUCT.

​​​​​​​
Old 03-05-22, 06:30 PM
LeX2K
Lexus Fanatic

I'm not angry at all, but I call it like I see it. Tesla just came up organically in conversation from me agreeing with something you said.
Mercedes said their entire lineup would be electric or hybrid by 2022. Plans change, problems are not always solved in a certain timeline. When Lucid and others miss targets etc. it's not automatically sinister. Auto makers are finding out making EVs at affordable price points, or at all is really hard.
Old 03-05-22, 07:35 PM
SW17LS
Lexus Fanatic

Originally Posted by bitkahuna
well that's still takes some cajones to go after those competitors with your FIRST PRODUCT.
By all accounts, the product is excellent. Times are different than they used to be, the lines between tech and cars are blurred, and people don’t feel like EVs need to be made by legacy carmakers to compete. To be honest, neither do I.

Mercedes said their entire lineup would be electric or hybrid by 2022. Plans change, problems are not always solved in a certain timeline. When Lucid and others miss targets etc. it's not automatically sinister. Auto makers are finding out making EVs at affordable price points, or at all is really hard.
If you think they didn’t know what they were doing by taking reservations leading with a low cost model and then in turn delivering high cost models first and never getting around to the low cost model that drove 75% of their reservations I have a bridge to sell you lol
Old 03-05-22, 07:41 PM
LeX2K
Lexus Fanatic

If you think they didn’t know what they were doing by taking reservations leading with a low cost model and then in turn delivering high cost models first and never getting around to the low cost model that drove 75% of their reservations I have a bridge to sell you lol
Which model are you talking about? No one is being forced to buy a Tesla if you don't like their way of doing business buy from an honorable company that you adore lol. FYI Cybertuck preorders are fully refundable.
Old 03-05-22, 08:10 PM
AMIRZA786
Lexus Champion

Received 2,250 Likes on 1,753 Posts

Which model are you talking about? No one is being forced to buy a Tesla if you don't like their way of doing business buy from an honorable company that you adore lol. FYI Cybertuck preorders are fully refundable.
I think it's a given he's not planning on buying a Tesla, he's mentioned this in previous posts. As far as myself, I would be willing to take a chance on a Lucid if I knew I could get one in at least a 3 month time frame. I already proved I was willing to take a chance by leasing a Polestar. This was their first full fledged EV, the Polestar 1 being a $100k plus hybrid, so I would be willing to take a chance on a Lucid...at least on a lease
Old 03-05-22, 08:17 PM
SW17LS
Lexus Fanatic

The Model 3 is what I’m talking about. All the preorders are fully refundable…that’s not the point. They’ve made promises to people they never intended to honor. They got free use of a TON of money interest free. Brilliant. People will line up to give them that interest free loan too.

“Full self driving” for $12,000 and they don’t understand why people think they can drive themselves.

Honesty and transparency are lacking.

I find Lucid at least a little more transparent.
Old 03-05-22, 08:21 PM
LeX2K
Lexus Fanatic

The Model 3 is what I’m talking about. All the preorders are fully refundable…that’s not the point. They’ve made promises to people they never intended to honor. They got free use of a TON of money interest free. Brilliant. People will line up to give them that interest free loan too.

“Full self driving” for $12,000 and they don’t understand why people think they can drive themselves.

Honesty and transparency are lacking.
Buy something with better value and tech, simple.
I find Lucid at least a little more transparent.
Then you don't know much about the company. Listen to their latest earnings call.
Old 03-05-22, 08:28 PM
SW17LS
Lexus Fanatic

Buy something with better value and tech, simple
Doesn’t mean I can’t have an opinion. I know expressing any negative sentiment about Tesla around you is a non starter lol

Tesla has done a lot of incredible things, but there is a lack of responsibility there too that I personally find off-putting. If you don’t, then great.

Quick Reply: Lucid Q4 & Full Year 2021 Financials + New Factory in Saudi Arabia