EV Chat General discussion about electrified Lexus, other EV vehicle manufacturers and BEV, PHEV related industry news.

Lucid Air quality

Search this Thread

Old 06-11-22, 08:24 AM
JeffKeryk
Racer

Received 514 Likes on 351 Posts

Originally Posted by xjokerz
CA has more money than the rest of the country and you have to figure that a lot of those electric purchases have political motives.
Or we like tech. And like having the future now, warts and all.
All good.
Old 06-11-22, 08:57 AM
SW17LS
Lexus Fanatic

Received 2,718 Likes on 1,946 Posts

CA does not have more money than the rest of the country...Maryland is actually the richest state in the country, CA is #5.
Old 06-11-22, 09:03 AM
Margate330
Lexus Test Driver

Received 965 Likes on 770 Posts

Originally Posted by patgilm
CA probably has the best charging network in the country so that helps a lot. Also, solar is so cheap compared to the rest of the country as well but their state taxes are the highest in the country by a good bit so they are probably paying as much but don’t see it coming out of their bank accounts like others would so it makes moving to an EV that much better.
Very interesting dimension in the equation.
Observation thats all.

Back to Lucid too, don't think it looks all that bad, whatched a review video on it yesterday on yourtube.

Last edited by Margate330; 06-11-22 at 09:44 AM.
Old 06-11-22, 09:05 AM
SW17LS
Lexus Fanatic

They will get it figured out, these are the very first cars.
Old 06-11-22, 09:56 AM
EZZ
Lexus Test Driver

Received 227 Likes on 170 Posts

Originally Posted by xjokerz
CA has more money than the rest of the country and you have to figure that a lot of those electric purchases have political motives.
I don't know a single person that has an EV that bought it for political motivations...I know upwards of 50 people that have EVs already. Most of them bought EVs because they are cheaper to run than $7 gas and hell of a lot faster in daily driving. Also, most have solar so yeah...Teslas are their cheap daily beaters. Their Corollas.
Old 06-11-22, 10:01 AM
AMIRZA786
Lexus Champion

Received 2,098 Likes on 1,630 Posts

Originally Posted by patgilm
CA probably has the best charging network in the country so that helps a lot. Also, solar is so cheap compared to the rest of the country as well but their state taxes are the highest in the country by a good bit so they are probably paying as much but don’t see it coming out of their bank accounts like others would so it makes moving to an EV that much better.

Back to the Lucid, I actually like this car a lot if I wanted a luxobarge but I like a sportier looking car so I wouldn’t get it at this point in my like. I do really like everything about it but it’s just not a car for me.
I wouldn't say we are the richest state, but we are among the top when it comes to contributing to federal taxes. Also NY and NJ are way higher taxed than us. They have to pay just to drive on their highways. As far as income tax (salt), California gives pretty good write-offs if you have a good accountant. I actually get a refund from California every year. Federal is a different story

As far as tech, we are early adopters. EV infrastructure still needs a ton of work here, especially on heavily travelled highways. Tesla is already way ahead in this regard, companies like Lucid really need to up their investments in fast charging, or EV'S will not be viable in the next few years as their adoption rate is out pacing fast charging stations. Within cities it's good, but on heavily travelled highways between Northern California and Southern California on a busy travel day could be problematic as the numbers grow... and they are growing extremely fast

Last edited by AMIRZA786; 06-11-22 at 10:14 AM.
Old 06-11-22, 10:12 AM
EZZ
Lexus Test Driver

California is BY FAR the richest state in total. You could combine Texas and New York and they'd barely exceed California. On a per capital basis, California is not the richest but easily have the most millionaires by far. Is it surprising...my condos I rent out go for near a million dollars and they would be trash compared to the stuff you can buy in Texas.
Old 06-11-22, 10:20 AM
Bob04
Lead Lap

Received 235 Likes on 173 Posts

South Carolina is NOT the richest state. lol
Old 06-11-22, 10:25 AM
SW17LS
Lexus Fanatic

Originally Posted by EZZ
I don't know a single person that has an EV that bought it for political motivations...I know upwards of 50 people that have EVs already. Most of them bought EVs because they are cheaper to run than $7 gas and hell of a lot faster in daily driving. Also, most have solar so yeah...Teslas are their cheap daily beaters. Their Corollas.
Same, none of them bought them for political or enviromental reasons.

Originally Posted by EZZ
California is BY FAR the richest state in total. You could combine Texas and New York and they'd barely exceed California. On a per capital basis, California is not the richest but easily have the most millionaires by far. Is it surprising...my condos I rent out go for near a million dollars and they would be trash compared to the stuff you can buy in Texas.
California has the most millionaires, but that doesn't mean its the richest state per capita.

Old 06-11-22, 10:29 AM
LeX2K
Lexus Champion

Received 2,826 Likes on 2,389 Posts

New York is if you go by GDP per capita.
Old 06-11-22, 10:41 AM
EZZ
Lexus Test Driver

Originally Posted by SW17LS
Same, none of them bought them for political or enviromental reasons.California has the most millionaires, but that doesn't mean its the richest state per capita.
It's the law of large numbers. China has a much smaller upper/middle class as a %, but it's still a crapload of people.

Lots of wealth in California. Can't count how many Ferraris I've seen in my parking structure.
Old 06-11-22, 10:52 AM
SW17LS
Lexus Fanatic

Originally Posted by EZZ
It's the law of large numbers. China has a much smaller upper/middle class as a %, but it's still a crapload of people.

Lots of wealth in California. Can't count how many Ferraris I've seen in my parking structure.
Lots of wealth in CA not doubt, but that doesn't make it the wealthiest state overall.
Old 06-11-22, 11:29 AM
EZZ
Lexus Test Driver

Originally Posted by SW17LS
Lots of wealth in CA not doubt, but that doesn't make it the wealthiest state overall.
I think it's how you look at it. Highest GDP. Most millionaires. But lots of poor people too.
Old 06-11-22, 12:21 PM
AMIRZA786
Lexus Champion

Received 2,098 Likes on 1,630 Posts

Speaking about rich Californians, passed the Tesla space in Irvine, CA on my way to my daughters graduation. Full to the brim with buyers and cars, you would never know the economy is tanking from this view. If only Lucid could take some of this market and actually be able produce enough cars

Old 06-11-22, 01:45 PM
patgilm
Lead Lap

Received 285 Likes on 202 Posts

Yeah in CA if you are a just a millionaire you are middle class LOL. I would be living in a shack if I lived there, at least in certain parts.

Quick Reply: Lucid Air quality