EV Chat General discussion about electrified Lexus, other EV vehicle manufacturers and BEV, PHEV related industry news.

Lucid Air quality

Search this Thread

Old 06-07-22, 05:49 PM
Striker223
Lexus Champion

Received 1,249 Likes on 930 Posts
Default Lucid Air quality

Typical.
Old 06-07-22, 05:57 PM
SW17LS
Lexus Fanatic

Received 2,772 Likes on 1,979 Posts

I've seen that video, considering its one of the first Lucids made, its not bad. Way better than where Tesla was at that age.
Old 06-07-22, 07:27 PM
JeffKeryk
Racer

Received 557 Likes on 376 Posts

On the way hone Sunday morning. That's my exit off highwat 17 South... The all new, 2022 Buick EV!

Old 06-08-22, 01:44 AM
Striker223
Lexus Champion

Received 1,249 Likes on 930 Posts

Originally Posted by SW17LS
I've seen that video, considering its one of the first Lucids made, its not bad. Way better than where Tesla was at that age.
Yeah but that's not saying much, it's a huge ownership turnoff when a $25k corolla has better paint and trim since I would be the type to take the car to somewhere like this and get it corrected. I wouldn't be able to stand imperfections like this in a 100k+ car
Old 06-08-22, 01:10 PM
FastTurtle
Intermediate

Received 114 Likes on 86 Posts

I started following this since the CCIV days. Hopefully, Lucid stocks move up to the Tesla level haha so I can buy the latest Lexus or Toyota 😆

Lucid looks better in person.
Old 06-08-22, 02:28 PM
JeffKeryk
Racer

Originally Posted by FastTurtle
I started following this since the CCIV days. Hopefully, Lucid stocks move up to the Tesla level haha so I can buy the latest Lexus or Toyota 😆

Lucid looks better in person.
The Buick Lucid Air looks like an upside down bathtub. And not in a good way like the timeless bathtub Porsche 356.
Just my 2 cents and I have seen a few running around here...
Old 06-08-22, 02:37 PM
FastTurtle
Intermediate

Received 114 Likes on 86 Posts

🤣 never heard that one before. Lucid design is not for everyone.

Originally Posted by JeffKeryk
The Buick Lucid Air looks like an upside down bathtub. And not in a good way like the timeless bathtub Porsche 356.
Just my 2 cents and I have seen a few running around here...
Old 06-08-22, 03:41 PM
LeX2K
Lexus Fanatic

Received 3,055 Likes on 2,567 Posts

The Buick Lucid Air looks like an upside down bathtub.
haha it does now I can't unsee.
Old 06-08-22, 03:45 PM
SW17LS
Lexus Fanatic

Originally Posted by Striker223
Yeah but that's not saying much, it's a huge ownership turnoff when a $25k corolla has better paint and trim since I would be the type to take the car to somewhere like this and get it corrected. I wouldn't be able to stand imperfections like this in a 100k+ car
It doesn't bother people who buy Teslas.
Old 06-08-22, 05:48 PM
xjokerz
Racer

Received 69 Likes on 54 Posts

Originally Posted by SW17LS
It doesn't bother people who buy Teslas.
Most people who buy a Tesla don't care if there are quality problems. They just want to be part of the Tesla group.
Old 06-08-22, 08:00 PM
SW17LS
Lexus Fanatic

Originally Posted by xjokerz
Most people who buy a Tesla don't care if there are quality problems. They just want to be part of the Tesla group.
They just are focused on other things about the car
Old 06-08-22, 08:34 PM
JeffKeryk
Racer

Originally Posted by xjokerz
Exactly. These cars are wonderful. Owners are rabid; Teslas are the #1 car in customer satisfaction. I want another!
Tesla has changed the world; every other carmaker is dying to catch up.
Old 06-08-22, 09:12 PM
patgilm
Lead Lap

Received 295 Likes on 211 Posts

Exactly. These cars are wonderful. Owners are rabid; Teslas are the #1 car in customer satisfaction. I want another!
Tesla has changed the world; every other carmaker is dying to catch up.
Yeah I don’t get it but people just make excuses for Tesla’s shortcomings like nothing I have ever seen. My car will never have the memory seat fixed and the service is abysmal based on my experience and after two trips and six hours sitting in their waiting room they tell me it’s a known software issue and that hopefully a software fix in the future will fix it. No one on the forums have this issue and someone basically told me it’s Tesla’s way of saying we don’t know what’s wrong and to go away. The user interface is also horrible compared to other manufactures. I love a lot about my car but customer satisfaction is the lowest I have EVER encountered including Dodge. The excuses people make for the car is unbelievable.

Now the other models are for sure better but all it takes is one look at the Model S refresh issues thread on the Tesla forum to see how many issues there are.
Old 06-09-22, 05:56 AM
UZ214
Pole Position

Received 221 Likes on 163 Posts

this is an issue with your 2022? these kind of stupid excuses would not be expected by a lexus
Originally Posted by patgilm
Yeah I don’t get it but people just make excuses for Tesla’s shortcomings like nothing I have ever seen. My car will never have the memory seat fixed and the service is abysmal based on my experience and after two trips and six hours sitting in their waiting room they tell me it’s a known software issue and that hopefully a software fix in the future will fix it. No one on the forums have this issue and someone basically told me it’s Tesla’s way of saying we don’t know what’s wrong and to go away. The user interface is also horrible compared to other manufactures. I love a lot about my car but customer satisfaction is the lowest I have EVER encountered including Dodge. The excuses people make for the car is unbelievable.

Now the other models are for sure better but all it takes is one look at the Model S refresh issues thread on the Tesla forum to see how many issues there are.
Old 06-09-22, 06:04 AM
patgilm
Lead Lap

Received 295 Likes on 211 Posts

Originally Posted by UZ214
this is an issue with your 2022? these kind of stupid excuses would not be expected by a lexus
Yes there are many problems with the refresh Model S and the problems I have pale in comparison to some so I actually feel lucky. Some include not including all of the parts (cargo covers and floor mats) with the car upon delivery where the customer has to ask them for them and months later have to follow up to actually get them. Another example of crappy customer service was one of the side cameras fell off, the tab was broken. If this was Lexus, the dealer would have replaced it under warranty no questions asked. I had to pay $150 to replace it even after I asked if it would be covered under warranty. The guy at the service center basically said the good thing about Tesla is at least the parts are usually pretty cheap vs. actually fighting for a warranty claim.

Doesn't mean I wouldn't buy another one, just baffles me that customer satisfaction is so high. Maybe it is so high because the driving experience is great and you don't need to fill up with gas, who knows. All I know is I get in my car and sometimes I have XM functionality and sometimes I don't. Sometimes I can scroll through the radio stations with my steering wheel controls, sometimes it doesn't work.

Quick Reply: Lucid Air quality