EV Chat General discussion about electrified Lexus, other EV vehicle manufacturers and BEV, PHEV related industry news.

Model S Plaid with a steering wheel

Search this Thread

Old 08-31-22, 06:58 PM
Toys4RJill
Lexus Fanatic

Received 64 Likes on 55 Posts

Originally Posted by patgilm

This is my fifth Tesla and by far the worst in terms of manufacturing quality (2010 roadster, 2016 S p90d, 2018 model 3 performance, 2018 model 3, 2021 model S Plaid)”
The person still buys Tesla cars. There is a very strong bond for this buyer to the brand..which is good for Tesla. Tesla has a very very compelling product/brand
Old 08-31-22, 07:17 PM
bitkahuna
Lexus Fanatic

Received 2,439 Likes on 1,599 Posts

Originally Posted by SW17LS
Ive seen them roll cars in and out of there, they don’t give it that much thought. The car wasn’t even clean lol
i imagine the qc look over is done before it's rolled in. if not, then yeah, the one you saw was a 'lucky' one.
Old 08-31-22, 07:52 PM
SW17LS
Lexus Fanatic

Received 2,730 Likes on 1,956 Posts

Originally Posted by bitkahuna
i imagine the qc look over is done before it's rolled in. if not, then yeah, the one you saw was a 'lucky' one.
Its literally just a bunch of kids working at the mall, I think it just was more this one was a good one.
Old 08-31-22, 08:21 PM
patgilm
Lead Lap

Received 293 Likes on 209 Posts

The other interesting thing is because of the lack of service staff and all of the service appointments, Tesla was taking front store employees and putting them to work in the service department with barely any training. Maybe it’s not a big deal with EVs, I don’t know, but that isn’t too confidence inspiring when you have an issue.
Old 08-31-22, 08:25 PM
patgilm
Lead Lap

Originally Posted by LexsCTJill
The person still buys Tesla cars. There is a very strong bond for this buyer to the brand..which is good for Tesla. Tesla has a very very compelling product/brand
Funny thing is I would buy another one if mine was totaled, I still like the car. What I wouldn’t do is trade mine in or sell mine to get another one since mine seems to be built better than the ones being sold right now so I would be rolling the dice on getting one with better quality.
Old 09-01-22, 10:16 AM
Toys4RJill
Lexus Fanatic

Received 64 Likes on 55 Posts

Funny thing is I would buy another one if mine was totaled, I still like the car. What I wouldn’t do is trade mine in or sell mine to get another one since mine seems to be built better than the ones being sold right now so I would be rolling the dice on getting one with better quality.
Tesla S is a very compelling product. This is a perfect example of how brands get their status or branding as they call it. Will be interesting to see what happens when the next generation S comes out, will it be as good. Usually the very first product is the best or carries the strongest first impression . You also don't have to gas up, so that goes a long way as well.

Last edited by Toys4RJill; 09-01-22 at 10:23 AM.
Old 09-01-22, 10:22 AM
Hameed
EV ftw!!!

Received 313 Likes on 191 Posts

Same here, when the time comes to replace my S, I will just get another one. Despite the QC problems with the current cars, the majority of the issues are cosmetic and not major issues such as battery or drivetrain failures.

I have been asked this question many times, what exactly is it about a Tesla that you like so much - its very simple for me and it boils down to two things really - the drive experience (Tesla currently has the overall best EV drivetrain IMO - no silly gears, one-pedal driving, fairly efficient and not as heavy as the competition - an EQS weighs almost a 1000 lbs more than a Model S) and the charging network (perhaps once the non Tesla charging networks get better, I would consider another brand).

The other interesting thing is because of the lack of service staff and all of the service appointments, Tesla was taking front store employees and putting them to work in the service department with barely any training. Maybe it’s not a big deal with EVs, I don’t know, but that isn’t too confidence inspiring when you have an issue.
Which specific store are you referring to?

Last edited by Hameed; 09-01-22 at 10:59 AM.
Old 09-01-22, 02:46 PM
patgilm
Lead Lap

Originally Posted by Hameed
Which specific store are you referring to?
No particular store. Here is an article:

https://electrek.co/2022/06/16/tesla...e-problematic/

Here is someone’s firsthand experience from the forums:

“I went to the sales location in my area to test drive two weeks ago. The sales rep told me all test drives had been suspended indefinitely. I asked why and he said because at any given moment they might be called down to work in service. Said he was just in service yesterday…”