EV Chat General discussion about electrified Lexus, other EV vehicle manufacturers and BEV, PHEV related industry news.

Polestar Discussion Thread

Search this Thread

Old 03-03-23, 04:46 PM
geko29
Super Moderator

Received 297 Likes on 228 Posts

This week I had the opportunity to drive a Polestar 2 for a few days. As is nearly always the case, the rental agency did not have the Intermediate class (Corolla or similar) I'm required to book. The Polestar was the first of the options they listed, so I jumped on it, in large part due to this thread. The fact that I already knew my hotel had chargers available, and it did not have to be returned fully charged were only icing on the cake.

So here's a review from an enthusiast who is neither an EV fanboy, nor an EV hater.

The Spec:

The car I drove should have an MSRP of about $59k. It's the LR Dual Motor AWD variant (78kWh/350kW) in Thunder with the plus pack.

Interior:

The Slate WeaveTech (fabric) seats were attractive and very comfortable. They also do not stain--more on this later. I would probably not bother with the $4,000 Napa Leather option. They go plenty low and far back for my 6'4" frame, and it was easy to find a good driving position. No adult human could sit behind me, though I managed to fit two of average height behind each other on the passenger side. Manual thigh bolster extension was very much welcome, and I was surprised it was heated along with the rest of the seat pan.

Speaking of the seat (and steering wheel) heat--my goodness! Crazy powerful. The default configuration put it on medium at startup, and even with freezing temps outdoor, I had to turn it down or even fully off within just a couple of minutes. If you're cold in this car, it's your own damn fault.

Headroom with the seat all the way down is exceptionally good, with my head coming nowhere near the (fixed) panoramic glass roof. However, the body slopes down dramatically to the door opening, such that the top of the door is probably seven inches below the roof. This meant a surprising amount of duck and lean was necessary to get in and out.

Probably my biggest complaint about the interior is the center console. It is SO high--just below the steering wheel at its lowest point, even with the column at its highest. This would be an issue for me on long drives (which I did not have this week), as it limits the number of ways I can stretch and adjust my legs. The shifter is cool looking and feels high-quality, but takes up a fair amount of space and makes it awkward to reach the volume **** and play/pause button. Probably should have been a dial, collection of buttons, or toggle/wheel like BMW is using now. Using any of those options would also have freed up enough space to allow the inclusion of a second cup holder.

The open-pore wood trim looks very nice, and is used well. Piano black is limited to the area around the shifter. All of the other fabric and trim is of high quality, and laid out nicely.

Electronics:

I'll start with the main gauges, which are amazing. Having Google maps available constantly means you only need them on the main center screen for destination entry. Speaking of which, one nice feature of the nav is that it estimates what your SOC will be when you get to your destination--AND when you get back to where you are now, assuming you are making a roundtrip. The power gauge does a good job of showing how much you're consuming or recovering at any given time.

The main center screen is large, clear, and relatively easy to use. Being of a floating design is actually quite helpful, as it makes it easy to grip around the side/back like the iPad it resembles.

As this was one of (if not the) first vehicles to ever run Android Automotive, imagine my disappointment when I discovered that Android Auto is NOT supported--even though Apple CarPlay IS. Presumably this would be somewhat less of an issue if I owned the car, but there's no way in hell I'm putting attaching my Google account to a rental car. So I was limited to the preinstalled apps, which weren't much.

So the Bluetooth Media Player "app" was the order of the day for my music needs. That also didn't work quite as well as I would have hoped. With Qobuz, literally the only function that worked was to resume whatever was paused--which then played through my phone's speaker, and could only be paused again from the phone's screen. Roon ARC was better, with full transport controls and the music playing through the car's speakers, but no album art.

Speaking of sound, the upgraded Harmon/Kardon audio system was adequate. I didn't dig into the advanced EQ to truly tune it, but using the basic tune controls I got it to a relatively pleasing tone. Predictably my settings were nothing like the previous psyopath who had the car. The DSP was set to "Driver" when I got in the car, and it sounded incredibly unnatural. Changing this to the "whole car" setting eliminated that.

The Drive:

The Polestar has very good road manners and is an extremely easy drive. As expected, it really hustles if you ask it to. The torque was not surprising as my current daily makes over 500lbft at the wheels, but it surprised me as to how much more urgent it seems when there are no brief interruptions from gear changes.

Handling is also very good, if undramatic. It goes where you point it without drama, but doesn't feel super exciting while doing so--just very competent. I did take one corner in particular perhaps a bit faster than warranted, resulting in the large cold brew I had in one of the terrible rear-seat cupholders (because the sole front one was already occupied) being flung across the seat and onto the floor. This made a big mess, but as noted above, the seats easily wiped up.

Around town, it's an extremely easy drive. Very comfortable and controlled. On the highway it's the same, but there is more wind and road noise than I expected. Mine did not have adaptive cruise, so I can't speak to that and the other driver aids.

The best way to simplify the drive is that the Polestar 2 definitely presents as a hot hatch for the EV set.

Storage:

The trunk/hatch area is very deep and quite roomy, but has a very high load floor, likely due to the batteries. More than enough space for a week's worth of luggage though. The Frunk is kind of a joke, and will swallow perhaps one VERY small duffel bag. It opens like a traditional hood, so they probably do not expect it to get much use.

Overall:

I came away VERY impressed. This is definitely the best rental car I've had since travel has resumed. I will absolutely request it again in 3 weeks when the agency once again doesn't have the car I rented.

Would I buy one? If it were still 2019 and I was looking forward to 10+ more years of a daily 45-60 minute commute, absolutely. This is one of the best commuter cars I've ever driven, and would be a joy to drive from day to day. I'd get over the slightly-too-short door opening and the high center console wouldn't be a bother. Being logged into my Google account would likely eliminate most of my complaints about the lack of Android Auto support.

However, 2020 happened, and likely the only time I will ever drive into an office again is from an airport like I did this week. I really no longer "need" a car on a daily basis, so my next purchase (which I will finally reveal next week ) will be tilted much more towards more fun and less efficient. Just like the current one is, it will mostly be used for backroad rips and some long-distance driving. The wind/road noise and high center console would be bothersome in that latter case.

So in the end, I think the Polestar 2 is an excellent car, and I totally understand why the folks who have them, love them. If circumstances were different, I could certainly see myself in one.
Old 03-03-23, 06:04 PM
AMIRZA786
Lexus Champion

Received 2,115 Likes on 1,643 Posts

Originally Posted by geko29
This week I had the opportunity to drive a Polestar 2 for a few days. As is nearly always the case, the rental agency did not have the Intermediate class (Corolla or similar) I'm required to book. The Polestar was the first of the options they listed, so I jumped on it, in large part due to this thread. The fact that I already knew my hotel had chargers available, and it did not have to be returned fully charged were only icing on the cake.

So here's a review from an enthusiast who is neither an EV fanboy, nor an EV hater.

The Spec:

The car I drove should have an MSRP of about $59k. It's the LR Dual Motor AWD variant (78kWh/350kW) in Thunder with the plus pack.

Interior:

The Slate WeaveTech (fabric) seats were attractive and very comfortable. They also do not stain--more on this later. I would probably not bother with the $4,000 Napa Leather option. They go plenty low and far back for my 6'4" frame, and it was easy to find a good driving position. No adult human could sit behind me, though I managed to fit two of average height behind each other on the passenger side. Manual thigh bolster extension was very much welcome, and I was surprised it was heated along with the rest of the seat pan.

Speaking of the seat (and steering wheel) heat--my goodness! Crazy powerful. The default configuration put it on medium at startup, and even with freezing temps outdoor, I had to turn it down or even fully off within just a couple of minutes. If you're cold in this car, it's your own damn fault.

Headroom with the seat all the way down is exceptionally good, with my head coming nowhere near the (fixed) panoramic glass roof. However, the body slopes down dramatically to the door opening, such that the top of the door is probably seven inches below the roof. This meant a surprising amount of duck and lean was necessary to get in and out.

Probably my biggest complaint about the interior is the center console. It is SO high--just below the steering wheel at its lowest point, even with the column at its highest. This would be an issue for me on long drives (which I did not have this week), as it limits the number of ways I can stretch and adjust my legs. The shifter is cool looking and feels high-quality, but takes up a fair amount of space and makes it awkward to reach the volume **** and play/pause button. Probably should have been a dial, collection of buttons, or toggle/wheel like BMW is using now. Using any of those options would also have freed up enough space to allow the inclusion of a second cup holder.

The open-pore wood trim looks very nice, and is used well. Piano black is limited to the area around the shifter. All of the other fabric and trim is of high quality, and laid out nicely.

Electronics:

I'll start with the main gauges, which are amazing. Having Google maps available constantly means you only need them on the main center screen for destination entry. Speaking of which, one nice feature of the nav is that it estimates what your SOC will be when you get to your destination--AND when you get back to where you are now, assuming you are making a roundtrip. The power gauge does a good job of showing how much you're consuming or recovering at any given time.

The main center screen is large, clear, and relatively easy to use. Being of a floating design is actually quite helpful, as it makes it easy to grip around the side/back like the iPad it resembles.

As this was one of (if not the) first vehicles to ever run Android Automotive, imagine my disappointment when I discovered that Android Auto is NOT supported--even though Apple CarPlay IS. Presumably this would be somewhat less of an issue if I owned the car, but there's no way in hell I'm putting attaching my Google account to a rental car. So I was limited to the preinstalled apps, which weren't much.

So the Bluetooth Media Player "app" was the order of the day for my music needs. That also didn't work quite as well as I would have hoped. With Qobuz, literally the only function that worked was to resume whatever was paused--which then played through my phone's speaker, and could only be paused again from the phone's screen. Roon ARC was better, with full transport controls and the music playing through the car's speakers, but no album art.

Speaking of sound, the upgraded Harmon/Kardon audio system was adequate. I didn't dig into the advanced EQ to truly tune it, but using the basic tune controls I got it to a relatively pleasing tone. Predictably my settings were nothing like the previous psyopath who had the car. The DSP was set to "Driver" when I got in the car, and it sounded incredibly unnatural. Changing this to the "whole car" setting eliminated that.

The Drive:

The Polestar has very good road manners and is an extremely easy drive. As expected, it really hustles if you ask it to. The torque was not surprising as my current daily makes over 500lbft at the wheels, but it surprised me as to how much more urgent it seems when there are no brief interruptions from gear changes.

Handling is also very good, if undramatic. It goes where you point it without drama, but doesn't feel super exciting while doing so--just very competent. I did take one corner in particular perhaps a bit faster than warranted, resulting in the large cold brew I had in one of the terrible rear-seat cupholders (because the sole front one was already occupied) being flung across the seat and onto the floor. This made a big mess, but as noted above, the seats easily wiped up.

Around town, it's an extremely easy drive. Very comfortable and controlled. On the highway it's the same, but there is more wind and road noise than I expected. Mine did not have adaptive cruise, so I can't speak to that and the other driver aids.

The best way to simplify the drive is that the Polestar 2 definitely presents as a hot hatch for the EV set.

Storage:

The trunk/hatch area is very deep and quite roomy, but has a very high load floor, likely due to the batteries. More than enough space for a week's worth of luggage though. The Frunk is kind of a joke, and will swallow perhaps one VERY small duffel bag. It opens like a traditional hood, so they probably do not expect it to get much use.

Overall:

I came away VERY impressed. This is definitely the best rental car I've had since travel has resumed. I will absolutely request it again in 3 weeks when the agency once again doesn't have the car I rented.

Would I buy one? If it were still 2019 and I was looking forward to 10+ more years of a daily 45-60 minute commute, absolutely. This is one of the best commuter cars I've ever driven, and would be a joy to drive from day to day. I'd get over the slightly-too-short door opening and the high center console wouldn't be a bother. Being logged into my Google account would likely eliminate most of my complaints about the lack of Android Auto support.

However, 2020 happened, and likely the only time I will ever drive into an office again is from an airport like I did this week. I really no longer "need" a car on a daily basis, so my next purchase (which I will finally reveal next week ) will be tilted much more towards more fun and less efficient. Just like the current one is, it will mostly be used for backroad rips and some long-distance driving. The wind/road noise and high center console would be bothersome in that latter case.

So in the end, I think the Polestar 2 is an excellent car, and I totally understand why the folks who have them, love them. If circumstances were different, I could certainly see myself in one.
I'm glad you got a chance to try the P2 out. Your review and impressions are spot on, strengths and weaknesses. I'm not as tall as you, so for me it's comfortable, even on long trips. Also your rental has the Plus pack, which means you have the 20" wheels, which I don't like and make too much road noise (I have the 19" wheels). Also are you sure it's the 350 kW motors and not 300 kW? It would need the Performance package or the Performance upgrade, which has to be purchased separately. Anyway, even if it has the 300 kW motors, it still has plenty of power/torque (408 hp/487 ft-lbs).

In the year I've owned it, it's been a great commuter and occasional trip car that's fun to drive. Glad you are enjoying it!
Old 03-03-23, 06:12 PM
geko29
Super Moderator

Received 297 Likes on 228 Posts

You’re right, It was absolutely the 300kW version. I was using your stickers as a reference (couldn’t remember the 78kWh part), and just copied it directly instead of marking it down as I meant to. Thanks for the correction.

And to be clear, comfort was not an issue at all. I could sit in those seats for many hours with no complaints. Super comfortable, nice and firm, very supportive. On long trips with the cruise engaged, I just sometimes like to tilt my right leg so my foot goes all the way left, under my left leg, but I can’t do that because of the console getting in the way of my knee. The only “alternate position” I can put my right leg in is with my foot under the brake pedal.

It’s a relatively minor issue, I’m honestly making a bigger deal about it than it really is.
Old 03-03-23, 06:24 PM
AMIRZA786
Lexus Champion

Originally Posted by geko29
You’re right, It was absolutely the 300kW version. I was using your stickers as a reference (couldn’t remember the 78kWh part), and just copied it directly instead of marking it down as I meant to. Thanks for the correction.

And to be clear, comfort was not an issue at all. I could sit in those seats for many hours with no complaints. Super comfortable, nice and firm, very supportive. On long trips with the cruise engaged, I just sometimes like to tilt my right leg so my foot goes all the way left, under my left leg, but I can’t do that because of the console getting in the way of my knee. The only “alternate position” I can put my right leg in is with my foot under the brake pedal.

It’s a relatively minor issue, I’m honestly making a bigger deal about it than it really is.
OK, I got you! I know exactly what you mean. On longer trips I find that sometimes my left foot starts to cramp as there is not a lot of room under the dash. One of the compromises of this platform.

As I have the performance upgrade, the extra 68 hp really comes on hard after 50 mph...it will pull all the way to 100 (haven't tried to go faster than that) so quickly it leaves your head spinning! If I want to **** off my wife, I just tell her I'm going to floor it and she threatens to hit me LOL!

Again glad that my post inspired you to rent one!
Old 03-15-23, 09:13 AM
AMIRZA786
Lexus Champion

How do you make a car better than it was the day you bought it and continually improve it? If it's an EV, software updates. Last night received the latest OTA update, P2.7, which among other things, made OPD (One pedal driving) a lot smoother to use as well as smoother throttle response from stop. Also, now kWh per 100 mile usage is displayed on the screen in real time without having to go into the Real Time usage app

Old 03-15-23, 09:36 AM
bowser
Pit Crew

Received 79 Likes on 50 Posts

Did you update? Mine received the download but still not installed. I've read stories of profiles being erased
Old 03-15-23, 09:41 AM
AMIRZA786
Lexus Champion

Originally Posted by bowser
Did you update? Mine received the download but still not installed. I've read stories of profiles being erased
Yep, everything updated fine. The only thing is TPMS sensors need to be reset. My profiles are all fine, it didn't mess anything up. They may have been people on older versions that updated that may have had this issue. I updated from P2.4
Old 03-15-23, 06:19 PM
AMIRZA786
Lexus Champion

Finally got a chance to wash my car today after weeks of rain

And went into the frunk to perform the only maintenance item... pull out the air pump so I can check the tire pressure

Old 03-15-23, 07:48 PM
bowser
Pit Crew

Beautiful, my friend! It's been raining a lot here too. Haven't washed my car since Feb
I just got notification that I need to book service. I'm close to 18K miles
Old 03-15-23, 08:31 PM
AMIRZA786
Lexus Champion

Beautiful, my friend! It's been raining a lot here too. Haven't washed my car since Feb
I just got notification that I need to book service. I'm close to 18K miles
I haven't washed mine since January. I'm not far behind you at almost 14k. You'll be taking it to Polestar Los Angeles/Galpin Volvo, since it's only an inspection, hopefully it will be quick and you won't need a loaner, as they are far from OC
Old 03-15-23, 08:57 PM
bowser
Pit Crew

I got my car from Polestar SouthCoast and picked it up at Volvo Mission Viejo. I know you like to pontificate about buying cars direct and my experience with Polestar was the best. I was in and out of Volvo Cars Mission Viejo in 15 mins.
"May I see you drivers license"
"Here are the keys. Let's go to your car and pair your phone"
"Do you want to have the front plate installed" (No)
"Message/call me if you have any questions"
<all paperwork signed before I showed up>
Old 03-15-23, 09:15 PM
AMIRZA786
Lexus Champion

I got my car from Polestar SouthCoast and picked it up at Volvo Mission Viejo. I know you like to pontificate about buying cars direct and my experience with Polestar was the best. I was in and out of Volvo Cars Mission Viejo in 15 mins.
"May I see you drivers license"
"Here are the keys. Let's go to your car and pair your phone"
"Do you want to have the front plate installed" (No)
"Message/call me if you have any questions"
<all paperwork signed before I showed up>
The best way to buy a car is from your smartphone while sitting on the couch. In your bathrobe. IMHO of course

Last edited by AMIRZA786; 03-16-23 at 09:01 AM.
Old 03-21-23, 09:16 AM
AMIRZA786
Lexus Champion

Check out Polestar’s latest ode to EV performance in the 476 HP Polestar 2 BST Edition 230

EV automaker Polestar is picking up where it left off with last year’s limited production Polestar 2 BST Edition 270 with a next-generation version of the sedan with a keener focus on performance design. The Polestar 2 BST 230 debuts new features to the brand both inside in out that you learn more about below.

Polestar’s BST journey into performance EVs begins with the 2 sedan, which originally debuted in three years ago as a 2021 model that has continued to grow in popularity since, surpassing 100,000 total units sold in late 2022. Polestar debuted the 2024 model of the 2 this past January and we’ve been able to test drive multiple variations along the way, including the Long Range Single Motor (FWD) version as well as the 2023 Dual Motor.

In the summer of 2022, Polestar announced a new variation of the 2 called the BST Edition 270, which we got to push to its limits around San Francisco this past fall. Shortly after making its public debut, all 270 units of the Polestar 2 had been spoken for, which led me to ask the team at the time what it had in mind next.

Given the early and quick success of the BST 270, the EV automaker has plenty more performance-oriented variations in the works for the growing number of incoming models joining its pipeline – perhaps in its newest model, the Polestar 3 SUV? That has not been confirmed however, but what has been confirmed as of this morning is an updated version of its electric sedan, called the Polestar 2 BST Edition 230. Check it out.

Polestar will only build 230 of its latest 2 BST Edition EV

Later this year, Polestar intends to “drop” its second, limited-edition version of the Polestar 2, but at an even more exclusive production output of just 230 units. The Polestar 2 BST 230 will feature many of the performance upgrades that debuted in the BST 270, but with even more unique details inside and out. Per Polestar CEO Thomas Ingenlath:
Limited drops like the BST edition 230 allow us to explore colors, graphics and materials in faster and more creative ways. As we’ve seen with the success of the BST edition 270 previously, our ability to create unique, limited editions based on the latest trends provides our customers with a level of rarity and customization normally reserved for supercars. This is something we will continue to offer to our customers.
Polestar appears to be onto something here by offering exclusive, limited-runs of uniquely designed performance EVs, and is merely getting started with the Polestar 2s. Here’s what we can expect in the BST Edition 230:

The latest performance Polestar 2 BST Edition will feature the same chassis modifications present on last year’s limited-edition debut, including a front strut-tower brace that improves stiffness of the front suspension mounts during racetrack style driving while maintaining steering accuracy and feel under the most severe dynamic conditions. It will come equipped with all the bells and whistles of each of Polestar’s current add-ons, including the Plus, Pilot, and Performance Packs, plus upgraded “BST” tuning.

It will also sit an entire inch (25 mm) lower than the base Polestar 2, which is quite a drop from a tuning perspective. Those lucky 230 customers will also be table to experience two-way adjustable Dual Flow Valve (DFV) dampers from Öhlins complete with an external reservoir, front strut bar, 20% stiffer springs, and black 21-inch alloy wheels that support Pirelli P Zero Tires.

The performance results are the same compared to the Polestar BST Edition 270 – 476 horsepower and 502 lb-ft of torque, and 0-60 mph in 4.2 seconds. However, it will arrive as the first EV to feature Polestar’s new Green Nebula exterior paint (seen above). The new Polestar 2 will also be the first equipped with new MicroSuede textiles in its caving made from recycled Nubuck. Customers can also choose a “Space” black exterior and optional racing stripe.

The 230 planned units of the Polestar 2 BST Edition will be produced for Europe and North America and will be secured on a first come first serve basis via the automaker’s website. You will be able to configure your very own limited edition Polestar 2 at some point today for a starting MSRP of $79,500 (excluding $1,400 destination fees). Deliveries are expected to begin in Q3 of this year.

https://electrek.co/2023/03/21/poles...t-edition-230/
Old 03-21-23, 09:44 AM
AMIRZA786
Lexus Champion

LOL just got an invite email to purchase the BST. Yeah, thanks Polestar, but no thanks...

Old 03-21-23, 10:23 AM
AMIRZA786
Lexus Champion

What You Should Know About Polestar's Future

Changed from Volvo's performance division to an independent EV manufacturer, Polestar's future looks promising

Dating back to the late 1990s, Polestar has been to Volvo Cars what AMG has been to Mercedes-Benz, and BMW’s M division has been to the Bavarian Automotive brand. They’ve proved Volvos could be fun to drive and had a few production models offered alongside Volvo’s usual lineup for a few years. As a proof of concept of what they could do, quite literally since it involved a concept car that never went into production, Polestar built a highly modified version of the Volvo S60 back in 2012 that Motor Trend tested around Mazda Raceway Laguna Seca and it went around the track just as quickly as an Audi R8 of the time.

In 2017, after an announcement from Volvo and its parent company, Geely Holdings, Polestar changed from being Volvo’s performance brand to a standalone Battery Electric Vehicle (BEV) manufacturer, receiving an investment of EUR 640 million to kick-start their BEV production in China. Last year, in June 2022, Polestar went public on NASDAQ, being traded under the ticker PSNY, and it raised $890 million to further invest in its BEV lineup.

Polestar’s future plans involve production of 3 BEVs, which include the Polestar 3, a luxury BEV SUV with estimated deliveries starting in the fourth quarter of 2023 at a starting MSRP of $85,300, the launch of the beautiful looking Precept concept car that will be realized as the production model Polestar 5 sometime in 2024, and the Polestar 6, a 2+2 convertible electric roadster which has an expected release date in 2026.

The Polestar 3 preliminary figures aim for a range of 300 miles, with a 30-minute charging time. 0-60 MPH should take 4.6 seconds with up to 517 horsepower. Its exterior design is high-tech, with specially designed elements aimed at optimizing aerodynamics, along with other distinctive details. The roofline is lowered and extended, without compromising interior space. It comes in six different exterior colors, carefully curated to accentuate the car’s design. The side profile surface is flat, which helps keep the airflow glued to the body, reducing turbulence and wind noise. Privacy acoustic rear windows are standard. The interior is approached with a minimalist design. Clean and designed to stimulate the senses with a Bowers & Wilkins audio system with Dolby Atmos, and ambient lightning. Interior air quality is taken care of by an air particle filter that helps keep pollutants and other undesirable particles from reaching the inside of the cabin.

The Precept, or Polestar 5, even though having been born as a concept car, has a firm footing in reality. It isn’t an outlandish super futuristic concept that will be stripped down of a lot of features when it reaches production. Polestar claims the car is the next step in its evolution, not a leap, and while it borrows some of its design and features from the future, with technology that is currently under development, it’s not looking 50 years into the future, but rather, the near future. The price of the Polestar 5 will be announced upon launch.

The Polestar 6, moreover, is taking the design language of the Precept a bit further, and with exclusivity in mind, as the first 500 units produced will be numbered and made available under the name Polestar 6 LA Concept edition. Its target specifications are a 0-60 MPH time of 3.1 seconds, 155 MPH top speed, and 300+ miles of EPA range, all made possible by a dual motor configuration that should be good for a combined 884 horsepower. All 500 of these first units are already reserved, but interested customers can join a waiting list, should there be any withdrawals. The price of the Polestar 6 is supposed to be around $200,000.

Polestar already started sales Stateside with its limited production, halo car, Polestar 1 coupe, which is a 619 horsepower plug-in hybrid with a 2+2 seating configuration, though the back seats are not supposed to be used by people taller than 4’9, or children up to 4’1 in a child seat. The Polestar 1 had a three-year production run that ended in 2021 with a total of 1500 models produced and 375 of those meant for the U.S. market.

The other car currently available for sale and delivery in the US is the Polestar 2, a four-door sedan with up to 476 horsepower and an EPA range of 270 miles. Some standard features of the Polestar 2 are LED headlights with active high beam, retractable frameless mirrors, 19-inch alloy wheels equipped with 245/45 R19 tires, heated front seats, a high-performance audio system, over-the-air updates, digital key with pre-climate, metallic paint, among many others. Polestar claims it raised the bar when it comes to standard features. The starting MSRP for the Polestar 2 is $48,400.

Polestar's global revenues for 2022 were close to $2.5 billion, with a total of 51,491 cars sold. For 2023, the company expects an increase in units sold of about 60 percent, for a total of 80,000. Currently running at an operating loss, due to investments and an increase in production, the company seems to be headed toward a sustainable financial future soon. Its products are looking good, and they should be viable options to mainstream EVs such as Tesla.

https://www.topspeed.com/what-you-sh...estars-future/

Quick Reply: Polestar Discussion Thread