CL of Orlando: Picnic 3/5/06

Search this Thread

Old 01-30-06, 12:33 PM
Wringo
Lexus Champion

Received 8 Likes on 8 Posts
Default Thank's !

Originally Posted by aznxdragon
Thanks.. Ive Only been to one meet since I've moved down here.. from NJ and the One meet was better than the ones ive attended in NJ.. I know u guys meet every wed nite... I just need to get out there also on wed...
That's a strong statement and we thank you! The Orlando Crew is trying to make Clublexus of Orlando a friendly way to meet others and have fun at the same time! I didn't get a chance to pick your brains at the last meet,but look forward to seeing you real soon!-wringo
Old 02-07-06, 06:00 PM
Wringo
Lexus Champion

Default Picnic!

Nobody want's to meet and greet ! Chime in and let's get this year off to a great start! We need you to let us know numbers, so we can plan! -wringo
Old 02-08-06, 06:11 AM
juicij36
Driver

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default CL of Orlando: Picnic 3/5/06

I'M THERE!
Old 02-09-06, 06:56 AM
Radical350
Lexus Test Driver

Received 9 Likes on 6 Posts
Default The Time Is Now!

Looking forward to it. Lets focus on the location, narrow it to 3 places, then vote.
Old 02-16-06, 07:58 AM
Wringo
Lexus Champion

Default Let's go Central Florida!

Chime in and let us know if you plan on contributing to the picnic as well as coming! -wringo
Old 02-17-06, 06:34 AM
MrJohnE
Lexus Test Driver

Received 18 Likes on 4 Posts

blanchard park and call it a day? go bowling at boardwalk in the later evening?
Old 02-17-06, 10:13 AM
Wringo
Lexus Champion

Originally Posted by badxIS300
blanchard park and call it a day? go bowling at boardwalk in the later evening?
I'm going to check this park out this weekend to see if they can accomodate the cars that would be there? -wringo
Old 02-17-06, 11:30 AM
bluelex
Lexus Fanatic

Received 6 Likes on 4 Posts

I'm still on the fence about this trip up. Do you guys have a list or count of who is going? Is it something that only guys are going, any kids or wives?
Old 02-17-06, 11:46 AM
Wringo
Lexus Champion

Default picnic?

Originally Posted by bluelex
I'm still on the fence about this trip up. Do you guys have a list or count of who is going? Is it something that only guys are going, any kids or wives?
Blue, the picnic was established and planned for families and members of CL to get together and meet each other! There are a few new members in the Orlando area who have not posted or have not had a chance to meet others and we thought this would be a great idea! Just a meet/eat/greet setting! We would welcome you and your family with open arms and any other members who would like to join us! Let me know if this is in your plans and I could make arrangements for you and your family! We'll talk more this weekend. Lol!-wringo
Suggestions are open for input?

Last edited by Wringo; 02-17-06 at 11:50 AM.
Old 02-18-06, 02:35 PM
Wringo
Lexus Champion

Default Blanchard park looks good!

I had time to go over and check out Blanchard park in East Orlando(Dean Rd./ Colonial Dr.) today for the Clublexus picnic idea? I like what I saw and think it would be great a place to accomodate everybody and their families! There is basketball courts,softball fields,skateboard park,volleyball nets and even a dog park for you pet lovers. I didn't see a need to check on a pavillion for reservations due to not a large group of members showing interest! It can be accomplished, but we would need more participation and contributions from those who want to attend. The cost was $20.00 a member and this would include food(hamburgers,hotdogs,baked beans,etc.) for you and your family! We are tentatively thinking about catering a cook or we could save money and cook the meals ourselves sharing the grill duties! I think this would be a good chance for us all to meet and greet each other in a relaxed enviroment without competing at a car show style meet. Let us know what you think? This picnic was planned for the Central Florida Clublexus members to meet each other and put names with faces. All Clublexus members are welcome to come! -wringo
Old 02-18-06, 03:12 PM
lexusk8
Lexus Fanatic

Received 21 Likes on 12 Posts

I've been to that park numerous times before. I agree it's a good spot for a not-too-large car club meet, and there are plenty of parking spaces to accommodate. wringo, did you see the large shelter tents near the front of the park entrance? I think that would be an ideal spot for us but that is probably done on a first-come-first-serve basis, and usually I see large family and friends gatherings occupy that spot every time I go into the park. Just my $.02.
Old 02-18-06, 04:22 PM
Wringo
Lexus Champion

Originally Posted by lexusk8
I've been to that park numerous times before. I agree it's a good spot for a not-too-large car club meet, and there are plenty of parking spaces to accommodate. wringo, did you see the large shelter tents near the front of the park entrance? I think that would be an ideal spot for us but that is probably done on a first-come-first-serve basis, and usually I see large family and friends gatherings occupy that spot every time I go into the park. Just my $.02.
LEXUSK8,yes I did see that pavillion and thought it would be nice, however parking could be an issue if we had a large turnout! I was considering the middle section of the park near the West fence close to Dean Rd..? If we all got their early and caravaned in together we could possibly have enough spaces there. Let's chime in members and let's meet and greet to start the year off right. Lol!-wringo
Old 02-18-06, 05:37 PM
got_trd
Lexus Champion

Received 2 Likes on 2 Posts

as posted before, im in... and that means ill be bringing the SC guys with me.. so technically its me, and 8-12 more people who are in... hope that gives you a better idea of the attendee's
Old 02-18-06, 05:41 PM
Wringo
Lexus Champion

Originally Posted by got_trd
as posted before, im in... and that means ill be bringing the SC guys with me.. so technically its me, and 8-12 more people who are in... hope that gives you a better idea of the attendee's
Thank's ,Chino! -wringo
With your SC Crew and about 8-10 from the GS Crew that gives us approximately 20-25 members not including their families!
Still waiting on a response from the IS Crew?

Last edited by Wringo; 02-18-06 at 05:46 PM.
Old 02-18-06, 06:58 PM
juicij36
Driver

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default CL of Orlando: Picnic 3/5/06

I'm down 2 contribute 4 the cause. Right now it looks like just me & my chick.

Quick Reply: CL of Orlando: Picnic 3/5/06