Florida Lexus Club The place for Florida Lexus enthusiasts

CL of Orlando: Picnic 3/5/06

Search this Thread

Old 02-27-06, 08:47 AM
Wringo
Lexus Champion

Received 8 Likes on 8 Posts
Default Riverside Park (Oviedo) Picnic Confirmed A Go!

Originally Posted by wringo
We are considering Riverside Park in Oviedo(Old Lockwood Rd. / Mitchell Hammock)! There is adequate parking,tennis courts,basketball courts,a pool,and a skate board park in the area where we will be! We are awaiting confirmation for this site on tommorow! All other parks in the East Orlando area are booked for this day and nobody came up with any other parks or info as requested at the last meeting! Downey Park and Blanchard Park are all booked! How does $5.00 a person for food and utensils sound!(hamburgers,hot dogs,chicken,baked beans, and whatever else members are willing to bring to help out! We should be the only group in the park in this area that day! Discretion is advised if you are considering bringing drinks other than sodas! Please use cups! Spread the word to all members in the Florida area who are willing to come and meet and greet! This should be a nice time to put names with faces and mod talk all day! You know CL members love pic's, so bring your cameras! I will confirm this location on tommorow and get directions posted soon as well! We look forward to meeting new and old members! If you have any questions call me at (321)303-3651(Darrell) s/n Wringo
We are tentative looking at getting started around 12:00 noon until around 4:00pm.I would love to end the picnic with a cruise to our must have Orlando Photo Shoot spot(Waterfall shot) at (436) Semoran Blvd. / Howell Branch Rd., for those who would like to take a shot! Here is one of my favorite shots of my old look there!
The park is confirmed a go for this event on Sunday! Members will be meeting at Alafaya Trail / Mitchell Hammock Rd.(Near Burger King parking lot),to cruise to the picnic as a group! We are hoping to have everyone at this location around 11:00 and no later than 11:30! The caravan will depart at 11:30 to the picnic area. We have the park until 5:00, but plan to leave for the photo shoot(waterfall shot) around 4:00! If someone is handy with posting a map style directions on this thread for the picnic site, by all means please do! Lunch will be served from 12:00 noon-2:00 pm., with (hotdogs,hamburgers,chicken, baked beans,chips and a drink(soda) for $5.00! We are in need of desserts, paper plates,utensils, cups etc! This will further be discussed at the monthly meet on Wednesday at, (436)Semoran Blvd. / Alehouse near the Carmax as your heading towards the airport! See you there at 8:30 sharp! Lol!-wringo

Last edited by Wringo; 02-27-06 at 09:01 AM.
Old 02-27-06, 11:02 AM
bluelex
Lexus Fanatic

Received 6 Likes on 4 Posts

I'll stop by BJ's this week and pick up the cups, plates, and utensils.

your gonna also need guys to brings coolers and buy ice for the sodas. Sounds like fun. should I bring my footbal?
Old 02-27-06, 11:13 AM
Wringo
Lexus Champion

Originally Posted by bluelex

your gonna also need guys to brings coolers and buy ice for the sodas. Sounds like fun. should I bring my footbal?
Blue, you don't have to buy all those items! I'm hoping the Orlando Crew step up and help out! Cups would be fine for about 50 people. Call me!-wringo
Old 02-27-06, 11:27 AM
bluelex
Lexus Fanatic

If you get me a physical address I can do a map quest and post directions from either i-95 or turnpike. Get me directions to the meeting place and to the actual park and post it it before I leave work otherwise I will do it tonight unless someone does it before me..
Old 02-27-06, 11:29 AM
bluelex
Lexus Fanatic

Originally Posted by wringo
Blue, you don't have to buy all those items! I'm hoping the Orlando Crew step up and help out! Cups would be fine for about 50 people. Call me!-wringo
OK, I'll bring Cups and Plates. I'm going to be at BJ's anyway. Sounds Fair? Also see who is bringing or buying the Ketchup and mustard or is that part of the chip in fee?...
Old 02-27-06, 12:11 PM
Wringo
Lexus Champion

OK, I'll bring Cups and Plates. I'm going to be at BJ's anyway. Sounds Fair? Also see who is bringing or buying the Ketchup and mustard or is that part of the chip in fee?...
Yeah,Blue that's part of the chip in fee! I'm hoping someone here in O- town volunteers to bring those items! We are going to be discussing this picnic/ meet / greet further at our meeting on Wednesday! We appreciate you helping out though. Lol! -wringo
I'll call you with the address of the meet spot and picnic location when I get in this evening!

Last edited by Wringo; 02-27-06 at 12:15 PM.
Old 02-27-06, 04:12 PM
MrJohnE
Lexus Test Driver

Received 18 Likes on 4 Posts

glad to see your making the trip up A.
Old 02-27-06, 05:42 PM
hitl
Rookie

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

I'm glad the $20 idea was resolved! In that case, I can bring some utensils and desserts. I can also swing some ketchup and mustard

1. BadxIS300 - John
2. Wringo - Darrell +1
3. 1TYTESC - Billy
4. bluelex - Adrian
5. aureliomk3
6. got_trd +4 or more
7. ki_soarer
8. lexluv0277 - Camilo
9. Reggie
10. lexusk8 - Doug
11. cxp2001 - Curtis
12. hitl + 2

Last edited by hitl; 02-27-06 at 05:50 PM.
Old 02-27-06, 05:46 PM
alsilverbullet
Instructor

Received 61 Likes on 18 Posts

Judging from the responses looks like you guys should have a good time!
Old 02-27-06, 06:16 PM
Wringo
Lexus Champion

Default Thank's, Al!

Originally Posted by alsilverbullet
Al, I wish you could be here to meet the other members you didn't get a chance to meet during the holiday's! Thank's for your listening ear.Lol! -wringo
You could alway's tell the wife that your going on a Sunday cruise and make it up here and back in record time chasing Bluelex,in his twin turbo beast!
Old 02-27-06, 06:24 PM
Wringo
Lexus Champion

If you get me a physical address I can do a map quest and post directions from either i-95 or turnpike. Get me directions to the meeting place and to the actual park and post it it before I leave work otherwise I will do it tonight unless someone does it before me..
Blue ,here's the address to the meeting spot:
Albertson's Parking Lot (Mitchell Hammock Rd./ Alafaya Trail)
80 West Mitchell Hammock Rd.
Oviedo,Florida 32765

Here's the address for the Picnic:
Riverside Park
1608 Lockwood Blvd.(Mitchell Hammock Rd./ Lockwood Blvd.)
Oviedo,Florida 32765

Thank's in advance! -wringo
Old 02-27-06, 07:21 PM
Ice350
Lexus Fanatic

Received 7 Likes on 7 Posts

Originally Posted by alsilverbullet
There's room for one more...c'mon.
Old 02-28-06, 12:53 AM
shifterbob
Driver School Candidate

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

Yo Wringo I will be to the picnic Sunday ,and I will also be bringing plates ,cups ,etc! If you need any thing else hit me up.
Old 02-28-06, 02:02 PM
lexusondubs
dubsonlexus

Received 4 Likes on 4 Posts

hey guys i wont be able to attend this picnic iam in the middle of moving also i have to work sunday night
Old 03-01-06, 05:41 AM
bluelex
Lexus Fanatic

ok, Wringo you'll probably want to have whoever started this thread put the directions as part of the 1st initial post so its easier to find.

Park directions...

Using i-95 from anywhere south of Oviedo,FL. If your coming from the North its the same directions using I-95 south.

1. Merge onto I-95 N toward DAYTONA BCH-- (Miles depends on where you are starting)
2. Take the SR-528-TOLL W exit- EXIT 205- toward ORLANDO--------------------------------------0.8 miles
3. Merge onto BEE LINE EXPY / FL-528 W (Portions toll).----------------------------------------------25.5 miles
4. Take the SR-417-TOLL N exit- EXIT 16- toward ORLANDO / SANFORD-----------------------1.1 miles
5. Merge onto CENTRAL FLORIDA GREENEWAY / FL-417 N (Portions toll).--------------------14.7 miles
6. Take the RED BUG LAKE RD EAST exit- EXIT 41- toward OVIEDO----------------------------0.4 miles
7. Merge onto RED BUG LAKE RD-------------------------------------------------------------------------0.2 miles
8. Stay STRAIGHT to go onto W MITCHELL HAMMOCK RD.----------------------------------------2.8 miles
9. Turn RIGHT onto LOCKWOOD RD-------------------------------------------------------------------0.7 miles
10. End at 1608 Lockwood Blvd
Oviedo, FL 32765-9757, US

From FL turnpike anywhere south of Oviedo,FL.

1. Merge onto FLORIDA'S TURNPIKE N (Portions toll).
2. Take the SR-70 exit- EXIT 152- toward FT PIERCE / VERO BCH
3. Turn RIGHT onto OKEECHOBEE RD / FL-70 E.
4. Merge onto I-95 N toward DAYTONA BCH.
5. Take the SR-417-TOLL N exit- EXIT 16- toward ORLANDO / SANFORD
5. Merge onto CENTRAL FLORIDA GREENEWAY / FL-417 N (Portions toll).
6. Take the RED BUG LAKE RD EAST exit- EXIT 41- toward OVIEDO
7. Merge onto RED BUG LAKE RD
8. Stay STRAIGHT to go onto W MITCHELL HAMMOCK RD.
9. Turn RIGHT onto LOCKWOOD RD
10. End at 1608 Lockwood Blvd
Oviedo, FL 32765-9757, US

Basically I-95 will have to be used at some point to get to this park..
Attached Thumbnails CL of Orlando: Picnic 3/5/06-ca01af4la.jpg  

Last edited by bluelex; 03-01-06 at 06:15 AM.

Quick Reply: CL of Orlando: Picnic 3/5/06