Official O-town 2 meet, May 20th 2006

Search this Thread

Old 03-23-06, 03:28 PM
ki_soarer
Lexus Champion

Received 2 Likes on 2 Posts

Originally Posted by lexforlife
wringo

although last years meet was great many of us did not like the tight parking scnerio , too many people too close to the rides it would be great if they could give us the parking where the muscle cars were which was in front of the huge swing thing
exactly what i stated before... i dont want my car scratched.
Old 03-24-06, 08:21 AM
Wringo
Lexus Champion

Received 8 Likes on 8 Posts
Default O-Town 2

Originally Posted by ki_soarer
exactly what i stated before... i dont want my car scratched.
I personally liked the set we had! Although my car was bone stock, I thought the set up gave us prime time on the main drag, which had never been done before with cars other than classics? Let's see what the masses want to do and I will personally make a trip to meet with Old-Town reps and see what's available other than the main drag! Thank's for your input.

Scott, you mentioned that you thought Millenia Mall would be a great place to have a meet? Could you check into it and get back with us on it!
Old 03-24-06, 12:38 PM
stangd1909
Lead Lap

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

Sounds like fun.....would love to meet everybody on here!
Old 03-24-06, 01:32 PM
absolut
Pole Position

Originally Posted by wringo
I just got off the phone with the representative from Old Town and we are on the schedule for May 27th, 2006 as a tentative date! If things change between now and then I'll let you know something asap! I asked for the same set up we had the last time and she's checking into it! This date is a Saturday from 12:00- 4:00pm. Let me know if this date is good for the masses! I need your input and suggestions!
ugh.. may 27th is my b-day and I'll be in texas on that date. I'd definately be there if it were on anyother date since old town is less than 15 minutes drive for me.
Old 03-24-06, 06:48 PM
Wringo
Lexus Champion

Originally Posted by absolut
ugh.. may 27th is my b-day and I'll be in texas on that date. I'd definately be there if it were on anyother date since old town is less than 15 minutes drive for me.
I want to wish you a early Happy Birthday!! I'm sorry that you would be out of town, but I had to give them a date to put down!
Old 03-24-06, 07:10 PM
CSenior
Rookie

Received 2 Likes on 1 Post
Thumbs up

Originally Posted by lexforlife
wringo- although last years meet was great many of us did not like the tight parking scnerio , too many people too close to the rides it would be great if they could give us the parking where the muscle cars were which was in front of the huge swing thing
I agree! I think the parking lot would work best for all of us.
Old 03-25-06, 04:08 AM
ki_soarer
Lexus Champion

Received 2 Likes on 2 Posts

wringo... i can see what i can find out, but if you notice my posts... i have wierd hours of free time. if i get the chance i will see what i can dig up.
Old 03-25-06, 05:35 AM
CinFulxgs
Pole Position

Received 70 Likes on 47 Posts

I would go again!

The bad thing about the main drag is that you can't leave or move your car for hours. Kinda sucks if you want to leave the meet to eat somewhere else or do something and come back, just my 2 cents.
Old 03-25-06, 08:17 AM
Wringo
Lexus Champion

Default Main drag or parking lot?

It seems as if the majority liked O-town,but would prefer not to be on the main drag again and be in a parking lot area correct? I'll make a call and see what I can do! Keep the input flowing with your suggestions!
Old 03-26-06, 01:55 PM
IS_250
Pole Position

Received 42 Likes on 33 Posts

Saturday would be great... i work on sundays..
Old 03-26-06, 06:32 PM
papachino
Pole Position

I would love to ride into O-town, but I work saturdays until 4:30, I wouldn't make it to Orlando til after 7'ish.For me it is a cruise, Where are some pics from last year?
Old 03-26-06, 06:35 PM
MrJohnE
Lexus Test Driver

Received 18 Likes on 4 Posts

Originally Posted by papachino
I would love to ride into O-town, but I work saturdays until 4:30, I wouldn't make it to Orlando til after 7'ish.For me it is a cruise, Where are some pics from last year?
ask and you shall recieve!!

https://www.clublexus.com/gallery/sh...y.php/cat/3344
Old 03-27-06, 06:31 AM
baadhabit
Lexus Champion

Received 1 Like on 1 Post

Originally Posted by ki_soarer
i prefer sundays because i work saturdays.

i also think we can do better than Old Town. it was neat, but there were WAY too many people walking amungst the cars and getting way to close... even had one car scratched.

i still think a huge meet at millenia mall would be awsome.. its eligant and theres plenty of parking, security, and things to do... and a food court.

thats my vote.

i agree. i personally think we can do better than Old Town. i didnt like the LINE UP parking and the crowds. plus i didnt think it was fitting to have our Lexus cars in a Muscle Car place. theres tons of other places to have a meet.
Old 03-30-06, 08:15 AM
Wringo
Lexus Champion

Default Old- Towne Update!

Originally Posted by baadhabit
i agree. i personally think we can do better than Old Town. i didnt like the LINE UP parking and the crowds. plus i didnt think it was fitting to have our Lexus cars in a Muscle Car place. theres tons of other places to have a meet.
I spoke with Amy, at Old-Towne and we are now in a parking lot area away from the main drag! We were tentatively scheduled to show and shine from 12:00-4:00pm on May 27,2006,but that weekend is Memorial Day weekend and members would probably be traveling out of town with family! The new date is May 20,2006 (Saturday), with the same time! I hope to see you all there! I will be driving there this Friday night to check out the parking lot area we have, if anybody wants to join me! Chime in and let me know if this works for the masses?

Mods: can we change the title to read Old-Town 2- 5/20/06 (12:00-4:00), on the thread title?
I tried but it wouldn't do it!

Last edited by Wringo; 03-31-06 at 10:37 AM.
Old 03-30-06, 03:58 PM
papachino
Pole Position

Originally Posted by wringo
Mods: can we change the title to read Old-Town 2- 4/20/06 (12:00-4:00), on the thread title?
Wringo, isn't it in May? so it should read 5/20/06

Quick Reply: Official O-town 2 meet, May 20th 2006