Florida Lexus Club The place for Florida Lexus enthusiasts

JM Lexus & West Palm Lexus feedback/experience

Search this Thread

Old 04-15-06, 04:27 PM
Ice350
Lexus Fanatic

Received 7 Likes on 7 Posts

I've had a lot of good experiences at JM with my SC but a lot of bad ones with my ES. Don't understand why...they screwed up and should make it right. I'm not through with the fight....stay tuned.
Old 04-15-06, 09:57 PM
DaSweetgrl
Rookie

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

Originally Posted by badxIS300
tony can you please edit the thread to you having a bad experience @ JM? every dealer has certain employees that make them look bad. trust me i work at lexus of orlando and ive seen these kinds of things happen all the time.

ive heard nothing but good things from JM until this. but anyway everyone has a different exprience so i cant say much.

GL w/ everything
I've been doing alot of research on where to buy my Lexus and unfortuately, this wasnt the first untoward experience I've herad about JM Lexus. Where there is smoke, there's fire. Reputation is everything and the word spreads fast.

Lorna
Old 04-15-06, 10:01 PM
DaSweetgrl
Rookie

Wink

Originally Posted by tmf2004
Palm Beach Lexus...
Could I have a name for a sales person who you would recommend at Palm Beach lexus?

Lorna
Old 04-15-06, 10:39 PM
lexis307
Lexus Test Driver

Originally Posted by oceanboy
If "badxIS300" wants to hear her second bad JM review, she needs to scroll up to my post.
oceanboy,

Badxis300 is a guy, his name is John.
Old 04-16-06, 05:51 PM
ecr527
Lexus Champion

Received 1 Like on 1 Post

I purchased my IS from JM Lexus back in December. Overall my sales experience was good, although the salesperson did tell a few "fibs"

Apparently my car comes with the new "yellowish looking" HID's and I'm better off going to Circuit City or Best Buy to get XM installed in my car. At least that's what my sales person told me.

Also, it probably happened during the PDI, but someone over there curbed my brand new car and ground down a good 5 inch section of the lip of the front rim. It was unfortunate for me that I took delivery of the car at about 6:30-7 at night, so between that and the excitement of driving home a brand new car, I didn't really give the car a good one over before leaving the lot.
Old 04-16-06, 08:35 PM
Slowk20a2
Rookie

I called JM lexus and spoke to a saleman whom I bought a car from back 2 years ago. I was trying to inquire informations to special order a sport package IS350. The idiot was trying to sell me one with luxury package that they were currently have on the lot. He told me that I would have to pay the car in full upfront if I want to special order it . Needless to say, I knew right away this guy is was just lying to me. I've been doing research on this car for months now to know that you only need to put down a small deposit to order a car. Who in their right mind would pay $40+ k on a car that they haven't seen yet lol
Old 05-06-06, 10:25 AM
Big Jimm
Pole Position

Originally Posted by bluelex
They bought this Huge location where the west palm flea market used to be on Okeechobee blvd.
Just exactly where is that location? (They are on Okeechobee now.)

You don't mean the old Farmers Market on Congress, do you? And, when are they going to start building? I'd love to see a great new Lexus building here.

Big Jimm
So. Fla.
Old 05-27-06, 05:44 PM
Bill_GS3
Lead Lap

Received 1 Like on 1 Post
Cool Lexus of PB's new location.

Originally Posted by Big Jimm
Just exactly where is that location? (They are on Okeechobee now.)
I work for Lexus of PB. The new palce is the old Grand Bazarre, a quarter mile east of the Okeechobee/Turn Pike exit/entrance.

We are going from about a five and a half acre space to around eighteen acres, should make things quite nice. They have started telling us we are looking to next spring.

Assuming I still work there next year I will find out about a lexus meet at some point.
Old 06-07-06, 12:18 PM
tonydt1g3r
Lexus Champion

Received 2 Likes on 2 Posts

Originally Posted by wdpower
I work for Lexus of PB. The new palce is the old Grand Bazarre, a quarter mile east of the Okeechobee/Turn Pike exit/entrance.

We are going from about a five and a half acre space to around eighteen acres, should make things quite nice. They have started telling us we are looking to next spring.

Assuming I still work there next year I will find out about a lexus meet at some point.

sounds like the new WPB location is going to be amazing. I am sure many of us cant wait for the new showroom to be open. I've got nothing but good experiences at Palm Beach Lexus, I cant say the same for JM. Good luck with the new place.
Old 06-07-06, 01:46 PM
CoasterG
Lead Lap

I had a very good experience with JM Lexus so far when I purchased my Granite/Sterling IS350 there last weekend.

The internet manager, Shannon, was very friendly, they cut a good deal and the delivery went smoothly plus she was knowledgable about the car since she owns a IS250 herself, which made it a lot more fun since we could talk shop a bit.

So I'd have to say that my experiences so far have been very positive and, overall, one of the best car buying experiences I've had. That's in comparison to talking with many of the dealers in central and south Florida and being told that they wouldn't budge off of MSRP or offered a minimal discount like $500-$1500 off of MSRP and in addition many weren't interested in timely returns of calls or email. In fact the day I drove down to JM to buy my car I got 3 calls from different dealers who waited about 3-4 days to get back to me on my offers.
Old 06-09-06, 06:04 AM
tonydt1g3r
Lexus Champion

Received 2 Likes on 2 Posts

Originally Posted by CoasterG
I had a very good experience with JM Lexus so far when I purchased my Granite/Sterling IS350 there last weekend.

The internet manager, Shannon, was very friendly, they cut a good deal and the delivery went smoothly plus she was knowledgable about the car since she owns a IS250 herself, which made it a lot more fun since we could talk shop a bit.

So I'd have to say that my experiences so far have been very positive and, overall, one of the best car buying experiences I've had. That's in comparison to talking with many of the dealers in central and south Florida and being told that they wouldn't budge off of MSRP or offered a minimal discount like $500-$1500 off of MSRP and in addition many weren't interested in timely returns of calls or email. In fact the day I drove down to JM to buy my car I got 3 calls from different dealers who waited about 3-4 days to get back to me on my offers.

Glad you had a good experience with Shannon. I dont think JM in general is a bad dealership just many of the workers inside. I am sure Shannon has read this thread and knows how much bashing we have done and how badly some of us have been treated and therefore tried to make your buying experience as painless as possible. So I guess you benifited from our misfortunes LOL. JM has a nice looking dealership with a nice looking service department. I am also guessing that the internet sales people are doing a pretty good job. But alot of sales people on the floor are just full of BS. I've called JM before about price matching and they said they will match any price, only to get there and the salesman goes on 3 or 4 ciggerette breaks (AKA let me talk to my manager) only to come back and say they need to charge 5k more because their service department is top notch. If this was an isolated incident then I would definently give them another shot, but unfortunately its not. I'll take my car there for service if I have to, but I rather just stay away. My next purchase I'll prob even send an offer in to the internet sales people but I wont step foot in that showroom unless I have something guarenteed.
Old 06-10-06, 06:47 AM
bluelex
Lexus Fanatic

Received 6 Likes on 4 Posts

Originally Posted by wdpower

I drove past the new location a couple days ago and they are already moving their cars there. I saw a long row of Rx's in the new parking lot as I drove by. The place is just Huge. 18 acres is crazy I didn't realize it was that big.

Are they keeing that buidling and remodeling it or are they building something new?

I've never bought a car from either of these dealerships, I bought mine in NJ when I lived there, but I have had nothing but good things to say about both their service departments over the years. JM supplied me with everything I needed to do my interior swap from tan to blk a year ago. When they didn't parts in stock they made sure to get them for me the next buisness day. Very nice people.
Old 06-10-06, 10:04 AM
tt061880
Lexus Test Driver

Received 2 Likes on 1 Post

IMO buy your car from whoever give you the best deal. Every dealership has their good/bad salepeople. I just bought my car at JM Lexus, this is the 2nd car I bought there and they are very nice to me both time.

When I was shopping for my current IS350, I went to Palm Beach Lexus. The sale guy there didn't even want to talk to me, he seem to didn't think I could afford the vehicle. He asked me if I'm going to finance my car and how much I would put down. I told him yes and I'll put down $10k. He then repeatedly asking me questions to make sure my credit is good enough to finance the rest of the money. I guess he didn't want to waste his time if my credit wasn't good enough. Really, I'd pay cash for the car. I told him that I would finance because ppl told me they give you a better deal if you finance the car. From what I know, the dealership also make some money off of the financing as well.

I started to negotiate with the guy and my first offer was $3500 off of the sticker price. The guy wasn't even trying, right after I offer him that, he just told me he couldn't do it and just let me go lol. He didn't even try to work with me at all, he just let me go like I was just there to window shopping.

That's my story at PB Lexus , I know a lot of you guys here are raving about them and bashing on JM Lexus but in the end it's all about who u deal with. I think both dealerships are nice and they just have some bad apples that's all..

Last edited by tt061880; 06-10-06 at 10:11 AM.
Old 06-10-06, 10:38 AM
tt061880
Lexus Test Driver

Received 2 Likes on 1 Post

BTW, I did get $3500 off of the sticker price on my IS at JM
Old 06-20-06, 10:50 AM
KeysRx300
Lead Lap

Received 3 Likes on 3 Posts
Default Lexus Dealer Salesmen

I purchased my 2001 RX a few years ago. I live in the Keys. And went to all of the dealers in Dade and Broward. I was in no rush. I was just looking for a good deal on a Certified Pre Own. I went to all of the dealers 3 or 4 times each. Just looking and asking questions. Of all of the them. JM Lexus was the worst.

I had to make an appointment to talk to a salesman. Then they gave me the round around. Mostly about what I could get for the amount I was willing to pay. My last visit there. The held me hostage for about an hour. I had my old beater Ford truck. And the wanted to look at it to give me a quote on the trade in. All of the other dealers just said they would give me a certain amount. But no. They had to let a mechanic look at it. Said it would take about 10 to 15 minutes. Well after 30 minutes I asked for keys back. They couldnt find the mechanic. While they were looking for him. They tried to get to lease a brand new RX. Said the payments would be the same as buying an older one.

I ended buying at Lexus of Kendall. Got a nice gold 2001 RX. 18K miles. CPO for 25K in January of 2003. I did all of my warranty work there. And do my maintenance at Toyota in Homestead.

Quick Reply: JM Lexus & West Palm Lexus feedback/experience