Throwing another log on the JM fire...

Search this Thread

Old 04-03-06, 07:19 PM
oceanboy
Driver School Candidate

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Angry

AsianGirl,

My car is not / was not a demo. I was comparing my 3,000 mile car with a demo JM was selling at the same time.

The car, bought new in Florida, was first titled in Florida and then finally registred in the correct state, Texas. It took me getting on the phone to Texas in January to straighten it out...sort of.

I'd love for this to get worked out quickly and simply. I hate dragging in a lawyer but feel I have no choice as all other calls have been ignored.

If you feel you can broker a peace, go for it. I'm on a business trip for the next week and won't be even meeting the lawyer until after I return.

If you don't mind my asking, who are you that you think you could help?
Old 04-03-06, 07:26 PM
AsianGirl007
Lexus Diva

Please check your pm box.
Old 04-03-06, 09:50 PM
LocknRoll
Rookie

I don’t want to add anymore fuel to this fire, but i think you chose the wrong time to buy a car. As you probably know, buying a car is the second biggest purchase you will make in your lifetime and being away from your home state puts you at a huge disadvantage ( as we can see here).

I think you should look at your dealership and Lexus on two different hands. Lexus is a reputable company with a huge following ( as you can see with this wonderful site).
There are many proud GS owners that will throw in a good word.

Just out of curiosity and If you don’t mind me asking, what do you hope to gain by seeking the legal route of a lawyer? What type of compensation are you hoping for?

Also, you complained about your car having less horsepower the X amount of cars, don’t you think your to blame for that? That’s obvious research that should have been weighed into the value of the car before you bought it.

Sorry to be nosey and offer my input, I just don’t understand your method of thinking.

Regardless, I hope you do get a fair level of compensation from the dealership. I know how they can ruthlessly milk you for every penny your worth. I bought my first car from a dealership when I was 18 with money I had been saving since I was 14. When the sale was over, the car didn’t add up to be what it seemed ( reliability) and my young ignorance got the best of me. Since then ive vowed to my self to never buy a car new, let alone from a dealership. I love talking to people and find private sellers so much more honest and easy to deal with.

Cheers.
Old 04-04-06, 10:39 AM
oceanboy
Driver School Candidate

Angry

The purchase of a car, while important, is a transaction, plain and simple. It’s a contract between two parties. In my part of the contract, I agreed to pay a specified amount of money plus my trade-in for the car. JM, promised to deliver the specified car, with the specified options, payoff my trade-in within 10 days, and register the car in the correct state (which BTW, I offered to do myself but they said they could do it).

They have clearly not performed their part of this contract. Distance has nothing to do with it – incompetence does. To suggest that major purchases should only be made “nearby” is bizarre. I have lived in 5 states, bought cars in 3 and currently have homes in 3. It’s just not that tough if everyone does their part – JM didn’t.

I have no doubt that Lexus cars are fine and many people like, even love them. But for the same reason there are 31 flavors at Baskin-Robbins, different people are attuned to different cars. I have found that, for several reasons, I’m not a Lexus person. I don’t blame Lexus. I put quality above excitement when I shouldn’t have. Lesson learned.

Finally, I do blame Lexus a little for this situation continuing. Their hands-off approach to dealer issues tarnishes their reputation. When a sales contract has not been completed after 8 months, the manufacturer needs to step-up and figure out what’s wrong and force a dealer to fix it. They have not.
Old 04-04-06, 12:50 PM
tonydt1g3r
Lexus Champion

Received 2 Likes on 2 Posts

I have to agree with oceanboy, it doesnt matter where you buy a car, if its from a dealer then you should get it your way. Customer is always right. Obviously he hasnt been given good service and is entitled to voice his complaints.

However I do believe that this is more of a dealer JM lexus problem more than a problem with the entire line of lexus cars. I wouldnt categorize the entire car line because one dealership is bad. They are not hands off, they are just more incentive based. Most other dealers would bend over backwards to help you out. I am sorry to say that from your experiences and mine with JM we know that they arent top notch.

If you wanted something more sporty in a GS you either should have waited for the GS350 or not gotten a lexus. Lexus isnt really know for that sporty ride like a BMW or Porche its known for luxery. I have driven the GS300 RWD and I was actually pretty impressed by the pickup that car had, I personally have a SC430 and was quite happy driving around that GS300 for a week as a loaner. However there is a big aftermarket following and parts are alot cheaper for the lexus than BMW and Porche. I am sure if you wanted to make your car fast it wouldnt be an issue if you were willing to spend $ on aftermarket parts. But you got to think about it the GS is a family sedan not really a race car, it competes with the 5 series. If performance was such a factor then the 430 would prob have suited you better. In either case you cant blame lexus for you choosing a lower performance car.

Definently call a lawyer. The dealer is basically not giving you the attention you need and being quite retarded. My friend bought an X5 from the BMW dealership in orlando brand new. They took it in for service and the dealer messed up on a bunch of stuff and refused to fix it. They had a cousin who was a lawyer and basically they got a full refund as well as got to keep the X5. The judge wasnt too pleased with the way that the dealership had handled the customer.

Last edited by tonydt1g3r; 04-04-06 at 12:55 PM.
Old 04-04-06, 02:13 PM
oceanboy
Driver School Candidate

Angry

Tony,

I'll let you know when the jury selection begins...:-)

Jon

P.S. And for the record...again...I take responsibility for selecting the GS and being disappointed in the vroom-vroom of the car...
Old 04-11-06, 07:47 AM
oceanboy
Driver School Candidate

back to top...

Last edited by oceanboy; 04-20-06 at 06:57 AM.
Old 04-20-06, 06:56 AM
oceanboy
Driver School Candidate

Well, it's been over two weeks since AsainGirl007 offered to help by putting my case to JM Lexus' General Manager -- her friend.

So far, the last message from AsianGirl007 was that he hasn't even called her back...
Old 04-20-06, 01:24 PM
braheem
Lead Lap

Received 4 Likes on 3 Posts

Sorry to hear about your troubles, I'm dying to see the LS460 I guess I wont be buying it from JM, One thing I cannot tolerate is poor customer service by not taking ownership of the problem they've lost me as a future customer.

I hope they step up and take responsibility.

Ibrahim
Old 04-22-06, 10:14 AM
tonydt1g3r
Lexus Champion

Received 2 Likes on 2 Posts

Originally Posted by braheem
Sorry to hear about your troubles, I'm dying to see the LS460 I guess I wont be buying it from JM, One thing I cannot tolerate is poor customer service by not taking ownership of the problem they've lost me as a future customer.

I hope they step up and take responsibility.

Ibrahim
you should try wilde lexus of sarasota or palm beach lexus. Very nice dealers
Old 04-23-06, 03:41 AM
liquid2
Pole Position

HMm i think JM Isn't sponsor anymore?
I mean i didnt see them on the sponsor page dealership thing
Old 05-15-06, 08:21 AM
oceanboy
Driver School Candidate

It's nice to see 300+ people (plus a good deal of repeat readers) have gotten the message about JM...
Old 05-27-06, 05:26 AM
Ice350
Lexus Fanatic

Received 7 Likes on 7 Posts

oceanboy, still no resolution?

I was wondering who asiangirl007 was....I've seen other posts where she has defended JMLexus. Now I see from your post she is friends with the GM Jim Dunn. That explains it. No big deal, I was just curious.

I have mixed feelings about JMLexus. On one hand I seem to have gotten good service with my sc300. They have really helped me take care of it. Partly, it's because the techs and service reps like the car. I get many comments and compliments for having such a really nice and cared for "old Lexus". Many say they wouldn't take any other Lexus for my "old" car. One guy says he drove my car around town for a week and got more looks and interest than any other Lexus he's driven(it was in the shop for a week getting worked on, he drove it to help find the problem). There have been some issues but they resolve them efficiently. They broke my front lip but fixed it. They broke my radiator but replaced it. On an on.

My 99 ES is a different story. For 3 years I complained about the air bag warning light. For 3 years I complained about the poor idle problem. These issues weren't fixed until I wrote to Jim Moran and Jim Dunn interceded. They fixed the problems but it took 3 years. My wife had an accident in the car and the cop thought the impact severe enough the airbag should have deployed. She sustained injuries and is still having back pain. Plus, the seatbelt didn't hold her in place. So yes, I have issues wih JMLexus. On top of that, the sales people are not as friendly as in the past. They act like they're too busy to help. I've been to the showroom several times looking at the kew cars and they just walk past, not even looking your way. I guess they're making so much money they aren't hungry the way some dealerships are...where you can't move before some salesperson jumps out from behind a wall.

When JMLexus built the new facility, I knew it was going to be a mistake and it seems I was correct. Before they had a cozy, open atmosphere. Then they built the new humongous showroom. It has no soul. It's just modern and cold.Same with the service dept. You can't expect the techs to stay on their toes when you house them in a secluded, closed in facility. I used watch them work in the old facility. I was getting to know some techs. Now they're upstairs and secluded. It's rediculous. See, I had a Benz. I felt a lot of the poor service was because Autohaus Mercedes had their techs secluded. So I didn't feels comfortable when JMLexus began bulding their auto-supermarket. Now they have detached themselves from the customer. That's not the way to improve customer service. Customers like hands on treatment, not coldness. Knock down the new facility and bring back the cozy place you had before. The place that helped you become the great dealer you were. That's my message to JMLexus.

Last edited by Ice350; 05-27-06 at 02:14 PM.