Florida Lexus Club The place for Florida Lexus enthusiasts

Another log on the Orlando Lexus fire

Search this Thread

Old 06-19-06 | 03:08 PM
Slow SC
Driver School Candidate

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default Another log on the Orlando Lexus fire

I need a SC300 A/C hose for my SC300. Had to wait 5 days to get it. They ordered me a SC400 hose. They will not express ship a SC300 hose, and its under a dealer account! I wont get it til wednesday.

Worst dealership ever.
Old 06-19-06 | 04:47 PM
ki_soarer
Lexus Champion

Received 2 Likes on 2 Posts

hmmm, i wonder who this is? simmer.
Old 06-19-06 | 04:49 PM
ki_soarer
Lexus Champion

the wait is not the dealers fault.. its the shippers, and the wrong part is simply human error... show some sympathy, and humble yourself.

ooops, i didnt mean to double post. damn that edit key.
Old 06-21-06 | 07:21 AM
Slow SC
Driver School Candidate

I appricate you ordering it for me btw.

Its just easy to say that its error, but thats their job, how hard is it to get it right, its LEXUS for christ sakes in their new multi million dollar service center. I had to wait 5 days to get the first wrong hose, drive almost 2hrs round trip to pick that up, jack up my car and play with to figure out its the wrong one. Wait 2 more days to get the other one, and drive another 2hrs round trip to pick that one up.

That simple error costed me over 5hrs of my time, and $20 in gas. I have half a mind to call the manager and request they remburse me fuel money for that un-needed trip. I expect more from a dealer. O well, rant is over, time to hook it up tonight and enjoy my a/c while im driving around tuning my transmission's ecu (shifting by the cruise control paddle in last nights test runs was just bad ***).

Let me know if u want an a/c compressor, i have a few of them, ill let u have one for $40.
Old 06-21-06 | 03:50 PM
ki_soarer
Lexus Champion

i have a brand new compressor sitting in front of my right now... behind the lap top.

the only reason it took 5 days, is because it was ordered late thursday. had it been ordered thursday morning, it would have been there friday. had the second hose been ordered monday morning, it would have been there yesterday. thats just the way it works. im in the industry, i know what goes on.

im sure the tab for 300 and 400 are right next to one another on the screen... it a simple matter of human error. i highly doubt the manager would pay you anything... seeing as you have never baught a car there and this is the first part you have purchased. not to mention you arent even in their primairy area, and you car is a 92. they would only look at you as someone who will never help or hurt their company so they would tell you if you dont like it, get out.

i just call it like i see it.

have fun with the paddle shift thing.
Old 06-22-06 | 09:36 AM
Slow SC
Driver School Candidate

Originally Posted by ki_soarer
i have a brand new compressor sitting in front of my right now... behind the lap top.

the only reason it took 5 days, is because it was ordered late thursday. had it been ordered thursday morning, it would have been there friday. had the second hose been ordered monday morning, it would have been there yesterday. thats just the way it works. im in the industry, i know what goes on.

im sure the tab for 300 and 400 are right next to one another on the screen... it a simple matter of human error. i highly doubt the manager would pay you anything... seeing as you have never baught a car there and this is the first part you have purchased. not to mention you arent even in their primairy area, and you car is a 92. they would only look at you as someone who will never help or hurt their company so they would tell you if you dont like it, get out.

i just call it like i see it.

have fun with the paddle shift thing.
My 93 was purchased there by the original owner, and the VIN is re-registered with lexus as me as the owner.

I guess i just expected more from a Lexus dealership. I expect to get wrong parts from the AutoZone parts desk with someone that doesnt know a Supra from a Civic. People pay big $$$$ for their new Lexus cars, if this is the lack of attention to detail they get, no wonder ppl are so pissed at that dealership. That big new fancy service center is useless if they have employees that can't even pay attention to the people they are getting their $$ from.

Oh and the SSV4 is freakin bad A$$. After a few hours last night i got it dialed in really good. The fun isnt paddle shifting, but in auto mode with a pretty agressive shift map. The O***s "ECT Power" mode doesn't even compare.
Old 06-22-06 | 10:22 AM
tonydt1g3r
Lexus Champion

damn 2 hours? is that your closest dealer? parts are supose to only take a day if ordered in the morning.
Old 06-22-06 | 12:54 PM
Slow SC
Driver School Candidate

It's JM lexus in Orlando, FL. They are famous for being **** ups. Its 1hr each way, in busy slow traffic no matter what time of the day. You'll find a few threads about how horrible they are in the FL section. Monday i called them at around 515pm, and they said it was toooo late to order the part for tuesday, cant do it past 5 (was under car for 30mins trying to figure out why it didnt fit til i realized its wrong). They said they couldnt do anything to have it to me tuesday.
Old 06-22-06 | 01:56 PM
Lexus_girl
Pole Position

Originally Posted by Slow SC
It's JM lexus in Orlando, FL. They are famous for being **** ups. Its 1hr each way, in busy slow traffic no matter what time of the day. You'll find a few threads about how horrible they are in the FL section. Monday i called them at around 515pm, and they said it was toooo late to order the part for tuesday, cant do it past 5 (was under car for 30mins trying to figure out why it didnt fit til i realized its wrong). They said they couldnt do anything to have it to me tuesday.
You are not dealing with JM Lexus....you are dealing with Lexus of Orlando.
Please post correctly.
Thanks
Old 06-22-06 | 02:38 PM
Slow SC
Driver School Candidate

Originally Posted by JM Lexus
You are not dealing with JM Lexus....you are dealing with Lexus of Orlando.
Please post correctly.
Thanks
OOps thanks for that typo catch! JM is fine
Old 06-22-06 | 04:47 PM
ki_soarer
Lexus Champion

i havent heard any other complaints about lexus of orlando. just because you had one bad experience you think they suck. your an idiot. you do not work in the field, and you have no idea how it works. im telling you first hand, if you order late in the day, there is no possible way to get the parts the next day. even if it was for the owner of the dealership... they would have to wait. thats just the way it is. bottom line, next time you want parts, get them yourself, im not going to go through the trouble of ordering them with my discount only to have you post a thread about how incompitant you think they are for making a small mistake. sorry, but you really dont have any case.
Old 06-23-06 | 08:10 AM
Slow SC
Driver School Candidate

First impressions are everything, especially when it comes to paying people money for services. I'm never buying from there again.
Old 06-23-06 | 11:29 AM
MCLAREN369
Driver School Candidate

Sorry you had a bad experience but Lexus of Orlando has been great to me. Nothing but great service from them.
Old 06-23-06 | 05:04 PM
XSTeknique
Pole Position

I'd still go to Lexus of Orlando for parts. They have some great people back in the parts department, but you'd have to pay me to get my car serviced there. The service advisors think their s*** doesn't stink. Courtesy Toyota treats me like a king.
Old 06-23-06 | 07:16 PM
MrJohnE
Lexus Test Driver

Received 18 Likes on 4 Posts

hahah. i work there. i cant wait to leave the hell hole. the way things are run there are not for efficiency. its more of a cost deal to them. hell ive been there too long now. but its ajob. and until i find another one. im stuck with it. the way they want things done by employees is rediculous. but hey, thats what were getting paid for. to do as they say.