Florida Lexus Club The place for Florida Lexus enthusiasts
View Poll Results: What should I do about the ticket? for going 95mph in a 65mph zone
Pay the lawyer $70 and take my chances of getting points and paying the ticket
78.57%
Take off work and go in person, which is an inconvience since I have a full time job
0%
Just Pay the $300+ fine and go to school
21.43%
Voters: 14. You may not vote on this poll

Speeding Ticket in Palm Beach County

Search this Thread

Old 07-17-06, 04:12 PM
AgentEzzard
Driver School Candidate

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

Even though your post doesn't pertain to me... I just wanted the PBC lexus drivers to know that I can get you a good deal with traffic school. It's a take home dvd and all you have to do is answer the 50 questions. I watched the 4 hour course not too long ago and I still have the answers.

http://www.adtrafficschool.com/
Old 11-22-06, 11:23 AM
BlitzIS350
Pole Position

just got nailed this morning onthe way to shool on 441 near lantana. was clocked at 84 in a 50. apparently a new law took into effect in october where it states that if you exceed the speed limit by 30mph or more, it is mandatory for you to show up on your court date. my lawyer told me that this morning...anyways its a $310 ticket...so im seeing if i can get off. this would be my first offense in FL with a FL license. the previous post, i got ticketed but got out of it since i had an out of state license and they cannot check out of state records. any updates on those who exceeded the speed by 30mph...what was your result?
Old 11-22-06, 02:26 PM
IS_250
Pole Position

Received 41 Likes on 32 Posts

Originally Posted by 2JZGTE-SC
a...you don't need a lawyer for that, if the cop doesn't show it will usually be thrown out.
b...you don't need a lawyer to go to traffic school, you just need about $30.00 & pay for it yourself
c...this reply of yours doesnt even make sence
d...very unlikely, unless you want to believe those bull**** tv, radio, and mail advertisements.

get your facts right before posting crap. I can guarantee i've been through more traffic court preceedings than you...i can tell just by the fact nothing you say is accurate.

if you want to waste money on a lawyer and end up paying fines anyway, then do what this guy suggests.

I suggest just pay the fine and go to traffic school since you're eligible, you have the fines taken care of and no points, and you DIDN'T waste money giving it to some scumbag traffic ticket lawyer
i agree, i gave my ticket to some POS lawyer up here and they forgot to tell my i had to pay court costs of $119 + $90 for his service. on top of that, i went to pay my court costs 2 weeks before the due date and they forgot to tell me i had to also take the driving school. i ended up paying $250 for a ticket i could have just taken the class for and paid for like $175. granted i did have a ticket in the last year, i still dont think its worth paying an lawyer for.
Old 11-22-06, 03:02 PM
Fiko18
Lexus Test Driver

Salvatti is the best lawyer, I have 15 speeding tickets and never got a point on my record.
Old 11-22-06, 06:58 PM
BlitzIS350
Pole Position

fiko- did you by any chance encounter the scenario im in..with the 34mph over? if so what happened?
Old 11-22-06, 09:03 PM
Fiko18
Lexus Test Driver

yeah i did 80 in a 45, nothing happened, just 75$ to my lawyer and then a court fine ( cant remember prolly about 150$) and that was it, no points.
Old 11-23-06, 06:33 PM
miniround
Lexus Test Driver

Received 3 Likes on 2 Posts

If I were you...I'd take the traffic school for 30$, pay the reduced price of the ticket, and thank god that your insurance does not see it and that you get 0 points on your license. I've only gotten ticketed once, but I feel that the best way to face the fact that you were speeding is to do the 4 hour course online (its ridiculously easy, but a little boring), get the certificate, write a check, and not worry yourself with court dates and lawyors. Your going to pay more for a lawyer and court fees when you can just take a little course and pay less.

and about that 30+ bulsht...my dad was telling me about it. It's just another way to "try to cut down on speeding". I've recently been feeling about investing in a radar detector because of this. I dont usually go 30+ over the speed limit, most times not 20+...but the coppers are very active in PBC and they really are starting to **** me off.

The only place I really speed, but it's the flow, is on Glades inbetween like the turnpike and the mall...Everyone flies down that strip, and most of the time there's no coppers. I've seen some Harley Coppers recently sitting on the grass, but I still flew by at 55 when its 45.
Old 11-29-06, 06:37 AM
tonydt1g3r
Lexus Champion

Received 2 Likes on 2 Posts

my results were, Pay court cost and take traffic school, no points. I also had to pay lawyer so it was basically pointless. In Palm Beach county its hard to get off. If it was broward or dade I think you can get off easier
Old 11-30-06, 12:13 AM
Auburnsky
Rookie

Valentine is well-worth the investment to any individual, speeder or not

Ive heard cases of people using the V1 in court to testify what speed they were clocked at in the event of a radar or laser being used to clock you; but I do know, if a cop sees that box on your dash, they usually show you no mercy so HIDE THAT ****!

btw, online traffic school is the easy sauce