Florida Lexus Club The place for Florida Lexus enthusiasts

Official FL to ATL Lexfest roll out thread!!!

Search this Thread

Old 09-25-06, 08:21 AM
lexforlife
Lexus Fanatic

Received 18 Likes on 16 Posts

based on reading the above link which confirms what i was told it looks lioke most of the guys from down here have thrown in the towel

i have not made up my mind as yet if i wanna drive 8+ hrs for a meet that we have right here in florida already , I /we were hoping for some events
Old 09-25-06, 08:51 AM
DaveGS4
Forum Administrator

Received 2,305 Likes on 1,406 Posts

Guys,

I'll post a detailed update later tonight (had hoped to get it out over the weekend but had some unexpected guests and I am waiting for some additional details from Road Atlanta on our corral location to share).

Due to ongoing changes between Lexus Corp and Team Lexus, Team Lexus is not going to participate in the race, but the LexFest meet is far from having 'no events'. Lexus is still picking up the tab for the car corral at the Petit Le Mans race and NONE of the events have changed, other than not having a 'home car' to cheer for. We're still focused on this meet being a success. We've got lots of giveaways and activities planned over the weekend at Andrettis, Road Atlanta and the GA Aquarium.

I know Steve Ganz had hoped to come in person again this year (still waiting on confirmation) but Darrel Diller from Lexus-Parts.com and his crew are definitely going to be there to meet everyone in person.

Last edited by DaveGS4; 09-25-06 at 08:54 AM.
Old 09-25-06, 08:53 AM
flipside909
Lexus Connoisseur

Received 534 Likes on 283 Posts

Just to also clarify, it already has been confirmed that Performance Engineering aka Team Lexus is no longer affiliated with Lexus USA. Lexus still owns the rights to the name Team Lexus. A future Team Lexus shall exist, but not by the same crew or entity.
Old 09-25-06, 10:16 AM
Wringo
Lexus Champion

Received 8 Likes on 8 Posts
Default Orlando will represent!

Originally Posted by DaveGS4
Guys,

I'll post a detailed update later tonight (had hoped to get it out over the weekend but had some unexpected guests and I am waiting for some additional details from Road Atlanta on our corral location to share).

Due to ongoing changes between Lexus Corp and Team Lexus, Team Lexus is not going to participate in the race, but the LexFest meet is far from having 'no events'. Lexus is still picking up the tab for the car corral at the Petit Le Mans race and NONE of the events have changed, other than not having a 'home car' to cheer for. We're still focused on this meet being a success. We've got lots of giveaways and activities planned over the weekend at Andrettis, Road Atlanta and the GA Aquarium.

I know Steve Ganz had hoped to come in person again this year (still waiting on confirmation) but Darrel Diller from Lexus-Parts.com and his crew are definitely going to be there to meet everyone in person.
I was hoping to ride along with the crew of South Florida, but it looks as if Orlando will have to represent Florida with a few members alone! Dave, I look forward to meeting you and the CL family from the East coast. If all goes well, we'll be there Firday around 3:00-4:00 p.m.!
Old 09-25-06, 10:27 AM
lexforlife
Lexus Fanatic

Received 18 Likes on 16 Posts

Originally Posted by wringo
I was hoping to ride along with the crew of South Florida, but it looks as if Orlando will have to represent Florida with a few members alone! Dave, I look forward to meeting you and the CL family from the East coast. If all goes well, we'll be there Firday around 3:00-4:00 p.m.!
D dont give up on us yet , i am still trying to convince them but they feel its a hell of a distance to go for a meet like we had at JM lex... they were hoping to be entertained by the lex race .. 2 of them were at nopi and this is why they at the last mi minute decided on nopi to have things to do

lets see what happens for me i am unemployed so i have nothing but time right now
Old 09-25-06, 10:33 AM
DaveGS4
Forum Administrator

Hope to see you there again Ed! I've made some other minor changes to my GS since you last saw (interior, PSPs, other small tweaks) but haven't found the time to get my Win spoiler on yet.

Originally Posted by lexforlife
they were hoping to be entertained by the lex race ..
There will be loads of other amazing and interesting cars there to watch too that I personally am looking forward to checking out. Check out this link with some great pics from last year's Petit Le Mans

http://www.speedsportlife.com/photop...ry.php?cat=799
Old 09-25-06, 10:57 AM
baadhabit
Lexus Champion

Received 1 Like on 1 Post

Originally Posted by lexforlife
D dont give up on us yet , i am still trying to convince them but they feel its a hell of a distance to go for a meet like we had at JM lex... they were hoping to be entertained by the lex race .. 2 of them were at nopi and this is why they at the last mi minute decided on nopi to have things to do
i personally see this event as a huge east coast Lexus meet with Team Lexus. not a focused Team Lexus event. i dont know why Team Lexus being there or not would make a difference.

from reading on the other boards, it sounds like theres gonna be some sick cars from up and down the east coast. i know theres a big group driving down fron NY/NJ. if they can make it why cant you?
Old 09-25-06, 07:25 PM
ki_soarer
Lexus Champion

Received 2 Likes on 2 Posts

come on guys, lets do this!!

Ed, man up and show up... dont make me drive down to yomato!!!!
Old 09-25-06, 07:58 PM
LexFather

Friday night will be at Andretti speedlabs, for fun and dinner. Indoor go karts, games, a sky bar, I got a DJ coming, dance floor and 2 bars. 10% off the Fuddruckers inside. I got some girls coming, lol. Its 15min from the hotel.

My cell is 770-843-1723 (Mike) when your in Atlanta and need help or something....
Old 09-25-06, 08:48 PM
ki_soarer
Lexus Champion

thanks mike, ill be sure to hit you up when we all arrive on friday afternoon. will you be wearing your SELOC mechanics shirt that you wear at nopi?
Old 09-26-06, 05:58 AM
IS_250
Pole Position

Received 43 Likes on 34 Posts

Originally Posted by 1SICKLEX
Friday night will be at Andretti speedlabs, for fun and dinner. Indoor go karts, games, a sky bar, I got a DJ coming, dance floor and 2 bars. 10% off the Fuddruckers inside. I got some girls coming, lol. Its 15min from the hotel.

My cell is 770-843-1723 (Mike) when your in Atlanta and need help or something....
man... i was looking forward to meeting you guys. if my insurance deductible doesnt hurt that bad, maybe ill still make my way up there.
Old 09-26-06, 11:44 AM
Wringo
Lexus Champion

Received 8 Likes on 8 Posts
Default What's up South Florida Crew!

Are we rolling or what? What time at the meet spot(Turnpike/North of 408 )rest stop! Let us know something!
Old 09-26-06, 03:33 PM
got_trd
Lexus Champion

Im still trying to get in better shape. I got sick over the weekend so im not feeling that great myself.

Its starting to look like nobody wants to go now because of the whole team lexus deal. Are any of the south florida people still coming? Ed? anyone?

What about the orlando people? so far it looks like its just going to be me, wringo, and scott....
Old 09-26-06, 07:08 PM
ki_soarer
Lexus Champion

where is Billy?

well, we are meeting at the hess, but are we meeting up with everyone from the south or what?

its not just the florida crew that we should worry about... there are over 100 cars registered, and that is why im going. not for team lexus, not for the florida crew, but for the event itself, and meeting all the guys who sit behind the screen like myself. its going to be a hell of a time.
Old 09-26-06, 10:36 PM
DaveGS4
Forum Administrator

Default Official FL to ATL Lexfest roll out thread!!!

OK, folks following are several posts with a detailed update on Lexfest. If you have questions please post them here and I'll try to check in daily to respond. I apologize for the delay with the update, but there are a lot of moving parts in planning this meet and not a lot of people working on it. It's starting to all come together and I'm very excited about seeing many of you this weekend.

I'm sure I am forgetting some of the items we need to include here and will continue to update over the next day... there are more details at www.lexfest.net, but this post has the most current information.

Team Lexus Update
Most of you already know this from other posts in this and other forums, but Lexus and Performance Engineering, Inc. (the former Team Lexus) have all but parted ways. I have been optimistic for several weeks that this issue would be worked out and we would have a car in the race. However, due to recent changes in sponsorship between Lexus and Team Lexus, the IS350 GT2 car will not be racing or showing at this event. I know this is disappointing, but for me (and hopefully everyone else) the main point of the meet is all of us getting together, seeing each other face-to-face, checking out each other's rides and having fun. The Petit Le Mans race is still ON and some of the cars in it are absolutely spectacular, we'll just have to pick SOB (some other brand) of car to pull for. More to follow on the race day in posts below.

Lexus Corporate is still picking up the cost of the car corral at the Petit Le Mans (which is a very significant cost, over $11K - THANK YOU LEXUS) but we don't have sponsorship for food, drinks and tickets as I'd hoped for when this was a funded race event. I have requests out to local dealerships and other potential sponsors that may pull through in the last days to help defray some of the out of pocket, but I'm not hopeful. I'll outline in each day the known costs so there are no surprises for anyone. I am very thankful that we got the major cost of the car corral picked up - that would have been an event-killer.

Judging
I've been in several car shows and very seldom am I pleased with the judges. They invariably know less about Lexus than I do, don't have any idea about any of the mods on my car and don't know what to look for. For that reason, we are doing participant voting for "Best in Show" for Lexfest 2006... YOU will be the judges. We'll also recognize the second place vote winner and have an 'Iron Butt' award given for the longest drive to the meet. You can pick up a registration number for your Lexus if you wish to participate in the show, as well as your ballot when you register at the hotel. We'll bring the registration to the event if you miss the Friday check in. Voting will occur at the race before 2pm (assuming the car corral is configured as it was described - with our cars located near our tent).

Gifts and Raffle items
All registered Lexus owners attending the event will receive a gift bag and shirt courtsey of Lexus-Parts.com (Sewell Lexus).

We have a number of nice raffle prizes this year including:
- a Xenon HID kit (winner's choice of type) courtesy of Xenondepot MSRP $379.99 Genium Philips bulbs and ballasts
- SIX Lexus detailing bucket and kits from Sewell Lexus worth $139 Details here
- an SLI Ipod Interface courtesy of Vais Technoogy
- (The former) Team Lexus has donated their remaining stock of Team Lexus race shirts and rain slickers.
- We'll have some great items from Carson Toyota and Tanabe that are promised as well (TBA)

Quick Reply: Official FL to ATL Lexfest roll out thread!!!