Florida Lexus Club The place for Florida Lexus enthusiasts

Official FL to ATL Lexfest roll out thread!!!

Search this Thread

Old 09-26-06, 10:37 PM
DaveGS4
Forum Administrator

Received 2,238 Likes on 1,357 Posts

Friday

After you check into your room at the meet hotel, please stop by the "Maple" conference room we have reserved on the first floor. There you can get sign in, get your raffel ticket assignment and pick up your preprinted name tag, meet agenda and direction sheets to each of the meet locations from the hotel.

We have the Maple conference room from 5 - 11 pm, feel free to hang out there at the hotel and meet others as they come in. Most of the group will probably head over to Andretti Speed Labs for dinner at the attached Fuddruckers, some games and/or indoor cart racing. Our local guides will prepare some alternative food recommendations and/or club locations if you'd rather go off in a smaller group and experience the ATL nightlife.

I expect the groups will start heading over to Andretti's about 7pm or so and will trickle on through the evening. We will have one of our meet organizers lead anyone who wants to head over about that time, so if you want to be in a caravan head down to the meeting room or parking lot at 7pm (it's nearby and we have direction sheets, so don't worry if you miss the group or want to join later). If you want to leave messages for someone to meet you somewhere else, let me know in the registration room and I'll keep a message board until we close down the room at 11.

Some pictures of Andretti's below so you know what to expect when making up your mind about Friday. It's a like a small Dave & Buster's but with an indoor cart track and racing theme with a climbing wall,, linked games, pool tables, air hockey. We'll get a 10% discount for the food at the attached Fuddruckers.

For more information http://www.andrettikarting.com/

Costs:

Food - Standard Fuddruckers fair $7 - $15, the Atlanta SELOC group has a standing 10% discount (ask for the SELOC discount). They do have drinks there, please plan to designated a driver or call a taxi if you get have a few too many. I'll take you back in the AM personally to pick up your car if you need to leave it there overnight.

Cart Racing - Standard cost is $43 for two races and a temporary license. If we get 10 + people, we get 10% off... 16 + people 15% off.... 25+ we get 20% off. There are other packages that includes games, food etc.

Parking is free
DaveGS4
Forum Administrator

Saturday

The big race day! This is the part of the event where we have some missing details I'm awaiting from Road Atlanta (like the exact location of our corral, hospitalty/infield parking sticker clarifications, parking instructions, etc).

We'll caravan over to the racetrack leaving promptly at 9am from the hotel (this is subject to change based on info I get back from Road Atlanta and if it is different will be posted here and announced in materials at registration). Turn-by-turn directions will be available at the registration room Friday night and we'll have several caravan leaders designated.

Guest Guide for the Race:
http://www.roadatlanta.com/2006-GuestGuide.pdf

Map of the Road Atlanta track here and general location of the car corral:
http://www.roadatlanta.com/Petit-Map-nogrid.pdf

Some great pictures of the 2005 Petit Le Mans race here, credit dubspeed driven.
http://www.speedsportlife.com/photop...ry.php?cat=799

Some examples of what we'll see:

Our corral should have the following:

Private Enclosed Hospitality Area
40 x 60 Tent with sides, tables and chairs for 200 people at a time, registration tables
We'll have two TV’s with Closed Circuit Feed and they'll provide us with 200 Event Programs and 200 Event Posters and infield parking passes.

What we don't have is tickets to the race included, and catering for the event. There are LOTS of food options and vendors all around, so we won't go hungry. I'm told we aren't allowed to bring our own catering in or I'd have stocked up at least for beverages. I am going to ask around to see if we can bring in indivual coolers regardless (no glass is allowed) and suggest you do so.

Saturday night is on your own in small groups. Some are going to just want to sleep, others will go out to clubs and adult entertainment venues and some will go to some of Atlanta's unique eateries or fine dining establishments. Ask around during the day to pick your group.

Estimated Costs:
Tickets - expect $45 - 55 for the race day including pit pass access.
Food - Catering folks suggested a $12 meal voucher (which is what I'm trying to get sponsored still) would cover the meal and drinks.
Parking - listed as $25 with free alternatives but I'm hopeful that is covered in our hospitality suite costs. More to follow.
DaveGS4
Forum Administrator

Sunday

In case you haven't heard of it, the Georgia Aquarium is the newest and largest aquarium in the world. We'll spend some time together on top of the deck downtown and take photos, then go into the Aquarium to check it out.

Details: http://www.georgiaaquarium.org/index.aspx

Map of the aquarium
http://www.georgiaaquarium.org/media...verviewMap.pdf

More random pics to set your expectations courtesy google image
http://images.google.com/images?hl=e...um&sa=N&tab=wi

Estimated Costs:

We're working on group admission but need to find out how many will attend. Standard admission is 22.75 , the group discount is $20.50 .

There are many food options once inside http://www.georgiaaquarium.org/explo...feAquaria.aspx

Parking is $10 in the aquarium deck. We'll have our own section reserved on the top floor. We hope to have several cameras stationed around and in the deck as our group makes its way through downtown and up the parking deck. Should be an impressive sight and sound.

Those who stay in town Sunday evening (I am) will do small groups again for dinner, etc.
Old 09-27-06, 05:30 AM
baadhabit
Lexus Champion

Received 1 Like on 1 Post

Originally Posted by got_trd
Im still trying to get in better shape. I got sick over the weekend so im not feeling that great myself.

Its starting to look like nobody wants to go now because of the whole team lexus deal. Are any of the south florida people still coming? Ed? anyone?

What about the orlando people? so far it looks like its just going to be me, wringo, and scott....
i cant make it either. i know you guys are probably heartbroken but my car is under the knife right now. im totally disappointed myself. i was so hyped and looking forward to this event. i hope the FL group steps up and represents out there. looks like its going to be an amazing event
Old 09-27-06, 05:42 AM
Radical350
Lexus Test Driver

Received 9 Likes on 6 Posts

Originally Posted by ki_soarer
where is Billy?
I am here and ready to roll out!!
Old 09-27-06, 06:32 AM
Wringo
Lexus Champion

Received 8 Likes on 8 Posts
Default Roll out!

Originally Posted by 1TYTESC
I am here and ready to roll out!!
Since we are not linking up with others I would like to leave earlier if possible! I'm still in it for the fellowship! Let me know.
Old 09-27-06, 07:00 AM
LexFather

Detailed Local ForecastHow to Read This Today: Sunny. High around 80F. Winds light and variable.
Tonight: Mostly clear. Low 57F. Winds light and variable.
Tomorrow: Sun and clouds mixed with a slight chance of thunderstorms during the afternoon. High 78F. Winds WSW at 10 to 15 mph. Chance of rain 30%.
Tomorrow night: Isolated thunderstorms ending during the evening, becoming clear overnight. Low 52F. Winds NW at 5 to 10 mph. Chance of rain 30%.
Friday: Mostly sunny. Highs in the low 70s and lows in the upper 40s.
Saturday: Mainly sunny. Highs in the mid 70s and lows in the low 50s.
Sunday: Times of sun and clouds. Highs in the mid 70s and lows in the mid 50s.
Old 09-27-06, 08:49 AM
JUST IS
Pole Position

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

Originally Posted by wringo
Since we are not linking up with others I would like to leave earlier if possible! I'm still in it for the fellowship! Let me know.
Hey Wringo, I was thinking about heading up on Thursday after work. Is that early enough. Hit me up on the radio later on or call my cell.
Old 09-27-06, 09:44 AM
Wringo
Lexus Champion

Default What's up Florida!

Originally Posted by JUST IS
Hey Wringo, I was thinking about heading up on Thursday after work. Is that early enough. Hit me up on the radio later on or call my cell.
With all the Lexus Owners that were at the JM meet, I'm a little disappointed in the lack of response from the Florida members! I thought we would have a serious caravan heading to Atlanta,but I guess not!I know thing's happen and everybody's not fortunate to leave town due to family situations and work and all, but(4) members that I know that are committed only traveling? Mario, the few guy's that are going aren't leaving until Friday morning around 10:00! I wanted to be on the road no later than 8 or 9:00 a.m. Friday! Yeah, Thursday would be a little too early for me at this time being that I already made reservations for Friday-Sunday! I'll call you this afternoon!

Last edited by Wringo; 09-27-06 at 09:51 AM.
Old 09-27-06, 01:02 PM
Radical350
Lexus Test Driver

10:00am Friday is the soonest I can meet to roll out (Hess Station). Thursday will be very hectic for me. I am also nursing a cold Chino, I hope you are feeling better.
Old 09-27-06, 07:25 PM
ki_soarer
Lexus Champion

Received 2 Likes on 2 Posts

ok, im down for whatever. my opinion, is since billy cant make it to the hess till 10, we might as well all wait for our beloved brother. after the last trip back from south florida, i dont think we will make bad time. wringo, if you are ok with meeting at hess at 10, then thats what we will do. i would just like to have the most people together as possible. let me know what you guys think.
Old 09-27-06, 07:43 PM
Radical350
Lexus Test Driver

Originally Posted by ki_soarer
ok, im down for whatever. my opinion, is since billy cant make it to the hess till 10, we might as well all wait for our beloved brother.
Thanks for offering to wait, but...
I made some changes to my schedule, i can meet Friday around 8:45am (Leaving Hess Station at 9:00am). Looking forward to the trip.
Old 09-27-06, 09:18 PM
DaveGS4
Forum Administrator

Sunday Aquarium Update

We've re-confirmed our spot on the roof of the downtown parking deck at the aquarium, and the aquarium will block it off for us with cones (which we can move when we arrive).

We also learned the aquarium group rate is NOT available for a weekend 'day of' purchase. They advised us that they often sell out on weekends and to purchase tickets in advance if at all possible.

There are 368 tickets as of earlier today available for the 10:50 - 12:20 arrival time (I just tested and found out it shows up as '11am to noon' when you purchase), and we're suggesting buying tickets individually for that time if you are IN for the aquarium. If you won't decide until Sunday, you'll run some risk of not getting in or having to sign up for a later time in the day.

Hours on Sunday are 9-6 p.m. If you pre-purchase, you only need to print them out at the gate and go in (and this is the only way to be sure and not get sold out). Tickets are $22.75/adult and can be purchased at the link below:

http://www.georgiaaquarium.org/acb/s...1%2fdaily.aspx
Old 09-28-06, 08:15 AM
Wringo
Lexus Champion

Default Sounds like a plan!

Originally Posted by 1TYTESC
Thanks for offering to wait, but...
I made some changes to my schedule, i can meet Friday around 8:45am (Leaving Hess Station at 9:00am). Looking forward to the trip.
I will see you there at around 9:00!
Old 09-28-06, 12:24 PM
skperformance
Lexus Champion

Hey guys i would like to meet and drive up with the local crew. What is an address the hess at 38 goldenrod road? Meet at 9-9:30 leave at 10? Just trying to confirm the intersection as i would hate to be in a unknown city at the wrong spot.
If anyone has a # to reach them on as well it would be great for someone like e who is clueless in these parts. I will have very limited Internet access so hopefully i hear from someone soon as i am still not too sure how far from here (seaworld area) some turkey lake road.
thanks guys.

Quick Reply: Official FL to ATL Lexfest roll out thread!!!