Florida Lexus Club The place for Florida Lexus enthusiasts

Official FL to ATL Lexfest roll out thread!!!

Search this Thread

Old 09-28-06, 05:31 PM
got_trd
Lexus Champion

Received 2 Likes on 2 Posts

Originally Posted by skperformance
Hey guys i would like to meet and drive up with the local crew. What is an address the hess at 38 goldenrod road? Meet at 9-9:30 leave at 10? Just trying to confirm the intersection as i would hate to be in a unknown city at the wrong spot.
If anyone has a # to reach them on as well it would be great for someone like e who is clueless in these parts. I will have very limited Internet access so hopefully i hear from someone soon as i am still not too sure how far from here (seaworld area) some turkey lake road.
thanks guys.
hey man... hope im not too late... but the hess is on goldenrod 1 block north of lake underhill road. Its pretty much right there where goldenrod road and the east-west expressway meet up (s.r.408). 321-299-3420 is my number.. my name is chino. we plan on meeting there at 8:45am to try to be there at like 8:30 or so if possible. I live 2 minutes away but ill probably still be a little late... lolz...

still undecided on if im going to take the lexus or the civic due to my torn steering rack bushings. im gonna drive the car on 408 tonight and see how it holds up...
Old 09-28-06, 06:31 PM
LexFather

BTW GA STATE PATROL are royal blue Ford Crown Vis with white/silver. Once you enter GA the speed limit is 70mph most of the way until you pass Road Atlanta and enter Suwanee.

There is HEAVY CONSTRUCTION after then and GWINNETT police cars are white Impalas. In contruction zones the fine is twice as much and from my understanding they are not playing with speeders in this area. After you pass the construction zone you are very close to the hotel, maybe 20 min.

In GA I can recommmend doing 15mph over as the fines are minimal before 15mph.

GA is a DRY STATE after 11:00/11:30 pm SATURDAY NIGHT, as liquor stores are closed on Sunday. You can buy alchololic drinks at restuarants on Sunday.

.08 is the BAL in GA and GA does not fool around with DUI/DWI!

For those traveling along GA 400 SOUTH (towards Atlanta) when they arrive, it is a toll road (50 cents) so have change or cash for the cashier....

In GA your car is your propertyfor those with heat and I'll leave it at that....
Radar detectors are legal...
Old 09-28-06, 06:35 PM
ki_soarer
Lexus Champion

9:00 AM it is... see you guys there!!
Old 09-28-06, 08:17 PM
got_trd
Lexus Champion

it looks like ill be taking the civic.... so if you guys see a red 03 civic with a bra on it, thats me.....
Old 09-28-06, 09:24 PM
lexis307
Lexus Test Driver

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

To all,

Have a safe and fun trip, FL crew be safe!!!

sorry I won't be there this year....

-JOSH
Old 09-28-06, 09:28 PM
DaveGS4
Forum Administrator

Received 2,238 Likes on 1,357 Posts

We'll have these printed when you check in Friday at the hotel, but just in case you arrive late here are directions for each of our daily events
REVISED ANDRETTIS DIRECTIONS ATTATCHED!!!!!
(basically take 285 W, to GS 400 N, to exit 8 Mansell Rd, make a left, make a right on Alpharetta Highway, Andrettis is on your near immediate left)

https://www.clublexus.com/forums/att...1&d=1159542697

Any questions please feel free to call me at 770-843-1723 (Mike)
Saturday Road Atlanta https://www.clublexus.com/forums/att...0&d=1159503281
Sunday Georgia Aquarium https://www.clublexus.com/forums/att...2&d=1159503409

Last edited by LexFather; 09-29-06 at 08:38 AM.
Old 09-29-06, 08:38 AM
LexFather

REVISED ANDRETTIS DIRECTIONS ATTATCHED!!!!!
(basically take 285 W, to GS 400 N, to exit 8 Mansell Rd, make a left, make a right on Alpharetta Highway, Andrettis is on your near immediate left)

https://www.clublexus.com/forums/att...1&d=1159542697

Any questions please feel free to call me at 770-843-1723 (Mike)
Old 09-29-06, 09:12 AM
LexFather

DIRECTIONS to the CarWash(s)

https://www.clublexus.com/forums/att...9&d=1159546017
Old 09-29-06, 07:13 PM
DaveGS4
Forum Administrator

Received 2,238 Likes on 1,357 Posts

Friday Evening Update

We've had a bunch of attendees stop by the Maple room in the meet hotel and register and get information for tomorrow. I'll be here in the 'Maple Room' (which is a little hard to find, just ask at the desk) until 11pm. Most everyone else is now at Andretti's or sleeping.

IF YOU WEREN'T / AREN'T ABLE TO REGISTER TONIGHT, in addition to the race ticket you purchase onsite, you must get one of our Lexfest parking passes to get into the infield hospitality area. You have a couple of options:

1) meet up with 1sicklex, Amy or Morris at Andretti's tonight and get your yellow car corral parking pass

2) Be at the front lobby of the meet hotel promptly at 9am tomorrow morning for the caravan over to the track. The 'Lexfest Team' members (1Sicklex, Amy, Morris, Will / Wiz2 and Mike M) will all have a few extra passes to hand out.

If you can't do either of those and you want to join up with us tomorrow you can:

1) C'mon to the race, buy your ticket and then park in the free (or other infield) areas... If you buy an infield pass and can drive by the corral entrance, we'll get you the pass to get into the corral. Just honk until somebody sees you and lets you in (we have a worker from Road Atlanta that will stop you).

2) If you're local and have cell phone numbers of local members who may be able to meet you outside the entrance with a pass

WHERE OUR CORRAL IS LOCATED:
Buy your tickets by driving by one of the kiosks (no need to get out of your car, you can purchase on the way in). After the ticket booths, you'll turn right into the 'Infield' area and go through a ticket area. Here is where they'll confirm your infield hospitalty pass. You'll proceed:
- directly up the hill
- turn left at top of the hill over the Suzuki bridge
- drive past the Corvette and some Porsche corral areas
- drive past the giant Audi sign and American Flag
- you'll see the vendor villiage to your right.
- drive along the road until the vendor villiage almost ends - our tent is immediately on the left, alongside a Porsche and Audi corral. It's right on the corner with a Lexfest 2006 sign on the gate. I'm going to hang a SELOC or Lexus sign on the fence if I can, or on the tent.
- Turn in BEFORE the tent to get in... if you reach the cross roads beyond the tent, you've gone too far.

Before the race starts we're going to do our best of show voting and raffle so that you can go watch the race and move around without having to travel back to the tentat a certain time.
JUDGING and raffle drawing will be done as soon as the caravan arrives and everyone gets settled...

Judging for 'best in show' between 10:30 and 11am
Raffle and awards between 11:15 and 11:30
The race starts at 11:45...
Old 10-05-06, 11:07 PM
skperformance
Lexus Champion

Received 8 Likes on 8 Posts

Was great to meet you guys ,i will make sure i drop you guys a call next time i FLY to Orlando ! Was a great road trip but i am so glad to finally be home with my beat up car.
Hey wringo holla at me i got those pics.
later
Old 10-06-06, 05:06 AM
Wringo
Lexus Champion

Default Pic's!

Was great to meet you guys ,i will make sure i drop you guys a call next time i FLY to Orlando ! Was a great road trip but i am so glad to finally be home with my beat up car.
later
I sent you a pm with my info! Good to know you made it home.
Old 10-06-06, 07:56 AM
Radical350
Lexus Test Driver

Received 9 Likes on 6 Posts

later
It was fun meeting you and cruising with you. Sorry for the wheel damage. Glad you made it home safe. We look forward to hearing from you soon.
Billy
Old 10-08-06, 10:31 PM
skperformance
Lexus Champion

Thanks Billy , you still have one of the slickest looking spoilers ever right next to Darryl's both flow with the car the way it should be.
Old 10-12-06, 05:17 PM
got_trd
Lexus Champion

finally... my contribution of pics from lexfest... 200+ pics... i have more also, but they are on the g/f's camera

http://pg.photos.yahoo.com/ph/lilvie...?.dir=/9f11re2

i have high resolution pics also

quick video of billy's burn out.........
http://video.tinypic.com/player.php?v=2whl8w9

vid of the le mans cars
http://video.tinypic.com/player.php?v=2qa4obr

Last edited by got_trd; 10-12-06 at 05:48 PM.
Old 10-12-06, 06:03 PM
skperformance
Lexus Champion

My pics are here as the gallery is not working for me .
https://www.clublexus.com/forums/sho...d.php?t=243128

Quick Reply: Official FL to ATL Lexfest roll out thread!!!