Florida Lexus Club The place for Florida Lexus enthusiasts

Great service experience at JM Lexus

Search this Thread

Old 01-02-07, 03:43 PM
Lexus Test Driver

Received 6 Likes on 3 Posts
Default Great service experience at JM Lexus

All, just a note to let everyone know I received fantastic service at JM Lexus in Margate, FL. Most of our posts are gripes around here, so I want to give credit where it's due. I was there for the first 5k service.

Highlights:

1. Total service time from arrival to departure: 45 minutes.

2. Impeccably clean service bays, well run operation.

3. I asked them not to wash it, and they didn't. I appreciated that they actually followed through on my request.

4. Customer lounge is extraordinary - refreshments, comfortable seating, internet computers, even massage chairs. Very nice environment to pass the time.

5. Service advisors were very polite and professional. Came and got me as soon as the car was finished, made sure to tell me the car was not washed per request, went over the items that were inspected, complemented the condition of the car, shook my hand and sent me on my way.

Service like this makes it a little easier to swallow the high price of servicing a luxury brand.
The following users liked this post:
raiders3 (01-16-22)
Old 01-02-07, 05:30 PM
AsianGirl007
Lexus Diva

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

Ah...it's definately nice to hear something positive because people only speak up when they're complaining. Thanks for sharing!
Old 01-02-07, 05:51 PM
warrionex
Lead Lap

Received 1 Like on 1 Post

I agree with AsianGirl007 but to see the whole picture let us know how much did you pay for your IS.

Last edited by warrionex; 01-08-07 at 08:15 AM.
Old 01-02-07, 06:11 PM
ecr527
Lexus Champion

Received 1 Like on 1 Post

I just had my car serviced at JM Lexus as well. I definitely agree that they have a great customer lounge as well as a great loaner car program. I guess they're number one for a reason.

I did however have to call Lexus customer care regarding the service I had done with my car. They are supposedly going to contact JM regarding my whole CEL/VSC light issue.

Other than that, I can't really complain about my JM Lexus experience.
Old 01-02-07, 06:45 PM
Lexus Test Driver

Originally Posted by warrionex
I agree with AsianGirl007 but to see the hold picture let us know how much did you pay for your IS.
I have no idea how the price I paid for the vehicle has anything to do with the service I received, but I got it for $3,100 off of MSRP back in June of 2006, and it was a special order IS350 loaded.

I hope the picture is now hold.
Old 01-02-07, 06:54 PM
MIAMIGS3
Lexus Test Driver

wow , thats awesome . i bought my car from countyline lexus , i dont have any complains , good experience.
Old 01-16-07, 11:31 PM
Argentum
Driver School Candidate

Originally Posted by 15951
I have no idea how the price I paid for the vehicle has anything to do with the service I received...
I work at JM Lexus' service department, and we don't treat you differently whether you bought the car for $1.00 or $100,000. Of course, that's mainly because we don't have access to that information.
Old 01-17-07, 11:50 AM
tt061880
Lexus Test Driver

Received 2 Likes on 1 Post

I brought my car there once and they have great customer service but they didn't do anything about the problem. I brought it in for the brake squeal and they told me that it's "normal" for the IS350 to do that and they didn't do jack about it.
Old 01-17-07, 12:52 PM
drewj12
Rookie

Originally Posted by tt061880
I brought my car there once and they have great customer service but they didn't do anything about the problem. I brought it in for the brake squeal and they told me that it's "normal" for the IS350 to do that and they didn't do jack about it.
Yeah I've been hearing that from a lot of second gen IS owners that the break squeal problem was getting pretty bad, appearently the break dust builds up pretty fast..?
Old 01-17-07, 12:56 PM
XtrabOoSt
Lexus Test Driver

Lets See How It Goes On Your 2nd Time Around..*
Old 01-17-07, 03:59 PM
Ice350
Lexus Fanatic

Received 7 Likes on 7 Posts

I've bought 3 cars from JMLexus and here's my take:

Cons
Highest dealer mark up of the all the Lexus dealerships in south florida.

Pros
Having one con is great
No one is perfect and they've made mistakes but they stand behind their car and their work. I had several problems with the ES300 we had and they never did get it right but at least they gave me a good deal when I traded it in.
I took my G35 to them to fix after my accident and there was a rip in the door fabric. I haven't taken it back yet and it's been several months. I'll bet 100 dollars they take care of it.

The guy in charge of the service dept, he is an absolute gem. I'm serious. I can't tell you how good he has been to me. He's the boss and he still will move a car or shake a hand, great guy(can't believe I can't think of his name).
My sales guy is great, name is Reggie Johnson. He's not an expert on Lexus cars but he gives just enough gentle pressure without being a nuisance.
I don't mind paying a little more. You get it back with the customer service they provide. Always call you Mr ________ and greets you with a smile. There's one service guy named Bob who needs to get his act together, he's argumentative but everyone else is great.
I met Shannon yesterday, she's a CL member. She remembered what car I have from reading the threads here. I was impressed with that.
I've told lot's of people this...I love JMLexus.
Old 01-17-07, 04:01 PM
Lexus Test Driver

Originally Posted by sc hybrid
JM's internet salesman was a total tool with me. I asked him to give me a number for the IS250, he says 2K off MSRP. Then I'm like, no seriously, whats your best number, and he says, YOU ASKED ME FOR A NUMBER, I GAVE YOU A NUMBER.
Acting like a total tool. I'm sick of dealing with these worthless dealers.
The extent of your negotiation was "What's your best number...no seriously, what's your best number"?? You act like the guy should shrug and give it to you for cost for those great skills you showed off. He's trying to make money on a car, and you're trying to pay the least amount possible...you have to be willing to talk for more than 20 seconds.

Anyway, this thread was about my SERVICE experience there, which was great.
Old 01-17-07, 04:17 PM
Fiko18
Lexus Test Driver

i go to JM lexus even when the car is fine, just to sit in their lounge on massage chairs and eat their really good cookies. lol. its only 10 min from my house
Old 01-16-22, 10:15 AM
raiders3
Driver

Received 6 Likes on 6 Posts
Default JM Lexus

Originally Posted by 15951
All, just a note to let everyone know I received fantastic service at JM Lexus in Margate, FL. Most of our posts are gripes around here, so I want to give credit where it's due. I was there for the first 5k service.

Highlights:

1. Total service time from arrival to departure: 45 minutes.

2. Impeccably clean service bays, well run operation.

3. I asked them not to wash it, and they didn't. I appreciated that they actually followed through on my request.

4. Customer lounge is extraordinary - refreshments, comfortable seating, internet computers, even massage chairs. Very nice environment to pass the time.

5. Service advisors were very polite and professional. Came and got me as soon as the car was finished, made sure to tell me the car was not washed per request, went over the items that were inspected, complemented the condition of the car, shook my hand and sent me on my way.

Service like this makes it a little easier to swallow the high price of servicing a luxury brand.
Has your experience with JM Lexus service department continued to be outstanding?
Old 08-11-23, 09:47 AM
coveauto2000
2nd gear

New here. I had been taking my 2015 GX 460 to JM Lexus and Lexus of Pembroke Pines for years and always had great service and few complaints. I've noticed post-covid dealer service costs have sky-rocketed. Has anyone found a reputable/reliable mechanic in the Miami area? If that's another forum please let me knew. Thanks