Florida Lexus Club The place for Florida Lexus enthusiasts

Moving to Orlando... need some help :)

Search this Thread

Old 05-25-07, 09:03 AM
PJ
Lead Lap

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default Moving to Orlando... need some help :)

Whats going on?

I just signed my offer letter to work in Lake Mary, FL starting in July. Its time i found myself a place to live down there. Do you have any reccomendations? I'm from Northern VA/DC area. Trying to find something like up here... nice newer apt/condo. 1 bedroom or loft. Preferably with a garage. ALso location is key. Kinda wanna be near some nightlife, of course safe area, but also dont wanna make my commute any more than 20 min or so. Oh yeah, 20 min w/ traffic incl. Im not really sure how bad the traffic is in central florida. DC traffic sucks ultimate *****.

THanks for the help guys. Im sure i'll be seeing you at some of the orlando meets .
Old 05-25-07, 02:16 PM
cpone
There can only be One

Received 1 Like on 1 Post

I may have a condo for rent in the Altamonte Springs Area like a BLOCK from the mall if you are interested. Rent will be APPX 1100 for 2 bedroom 2 bath.

Or if you are looking to buy something also let me know I can hook you up with some really good brokers and I can do the mortgage for you!

Old 05-26-07, 09:47 AM
daydr3am
Driver

I don't know where Lake Mary is, but if you've got the money, there are wonderful condos in the Baldwin Park neighborhood (Orlando, near Winter Park). It's quite expensive, but it's a new neighborhood, safe, beautiful, and it's basically its own little town, so you don't need to travel far for anything, unless you want to visit the theme parks, but even those aren't too far away. If I had the money, I would live there myself. The neighborhood has wide sidewalks for jogging/walking/biking/skating/whatever. They do have garages, they have homes for single owners, and half the people there own luxury cars so I don't think you'll have to worry about dents as much.

No matter where you are in Orlando, traffic will be horrible.
Old 05-28-07, 01:11 AM
sc400tampa
Driver School Candidate

Well, since the job is in Lake Mary, you have a choice, you can be close to work or close to night life. Lake Mary has no nightlife. You have to go into Orlando. Taking the interstate from Lake Mary to Orlando is about 15 minutes when it is moving. The good news is that with the job being in Lake Mary, rush hour traffic will being going the opposite direction as most people live there and commute to Orlando to work. The bad news is that traffic still sucks. I haven't rented in the area in a few years, but you used to be able to get a 1 bedroom apt from $600 and up depending on amenities in the area. Something with a garage will probably run close to $1000. Tons of apartment complexes to choose from though. You will learn to hate all of the red lights on Lake Mary Blvd.
Old 05-28-07, 11:04 AM
junkipen
Driver School Candidate

I live in Orlando and work in Lake Mary so I know that drive. Its about a 40min drive to work everyday. I'd say if you want a decent drive, the altamonte area might be the best. If you get a place near the 436/I-4 area, you can always take that highway if you want to go downtown or to the beach or anything.
Old 05-28-07, 02:31 PM
PJ
Lead Lap

Thanks for the input guys. I'm proally headed down there in the next two weeks to go apartment hunting.

Ideally i was looking for something with a garage so my car is somewhat protected, but i dont know if 1000/mo. is within budget :/. Near the highway works for me, a 30-40 min drive w/ traffic doesnt seem too bad. Last summer i was doing a 15 mile commute w/ a 45 minute travel time up here in Northern VA/ DC area.

Maybe i can catch up with some of you all when i come down for my apt hunt.
Old 05-29-07, 09:07 AM
cpone
There can only be One

Received 1 Like on 1 Post

Good luck on near I4 and under 1000 a month near Lake Mary or in Altamonte Springs With a Garage.

Like finding a needle in a Barn Yard full of hay 30 feet high. lol.
Old 06-04-07, 05:27 PM
PJ
Lead Lap

hahah... thx man

actually im trying to work out the logistics. I'm proally gonna be down there sometime during the week of the 11th to check out some places. Ive searched on line found a few places and i also have a realtor checking on some stuff for me, so hopefully i find something good.

Again thanks for ur guys' input.

Oh yeah, are there any meets going on that week/weekend (june 16/17)? I'll proally be in a rental car, but it'd be cool to meet some of the orlando lexus community.
Old 06-06-07, 08:02 AM
daydr3am
Driver

https://www.clublexus.com/forums/sho...d.php?t=271163

Big Lexus meet Sunday, the 24th
Old 06-06-07, 02:18 PM
pearlex
Driver School Candidate

Hey you have alot of options, this town is all yours. If i can be of any help give me a buzz "Will...$07-463-7779" aka "Pearlex"
Old 06-06-07, 02:55 PM
PJ
Lead Lap

Originally Posted by daydr3am
Damn . Imma be up here at home packing up and at a drifting event . I move down later on that week. But yeah i just picked up my tickets down to orlando for my apartment hunt for the 13th-16th. anything going down that thurs or fri?

Originally Posted by pearlex
Hey you have alot of options, this town is all yours. If i can be of any help give me a buzz "Will...$07-463-7779" aka "Pearlex"
thx bro
Old 06-08-07, 11:20 AM
plex
1UZFE/2JZGTE

Received 75 Likes on 58 Posts

What's the real estate like down there I might be venturing out that way myself ha ha