Florida Lexus Club The place for Florida Lexus enthusiasts

2007 July Club Lexus/Supra/MY.IS Meet?

Search this Thread

Old 06-02-07, 06:55 PM
bluelex
Lexus Fanatic

Received 6 Likes on 4 Posts

To be really honest I like the jm annual meet just the way it is except I wish it wasn't in the dead heat of summer. I had always asked Josh if he would do a poll and see if we could move this annual meet to say between Nov-March so we could have it in ideal weather,temp conditions. I do agree with Ed that it does get boring just standing their after a while. Usually by the 2nd hour you have met all the new and old faces and have caught up by the time the 3rd hour comes. It doesn't mean Its a bad thing just that it can get long but I think it has a lot to do with the heat we're dealing with. Its hard to stand even in the shade with the heat of dead July. I think if we moved this mega meet to the fall/winter we would all of sudden not feel its boring cuz we are staring at all these great cars in the perfect weather. When we did the pembrook pines lexus meet 4 years ago it was done in Dec. and you couldn't ask for a better day. Who cared how long we were there, their was good food, drinks, great cars, and most important great weather to just soak all this in...Well thats my opinion..

Also when you plan for such a huge meet in the middle of rain season with possible hurricanes that could foul it all up for us why not just move it to winter so we don't have to deal with any of the issues summer (heat,Rain,hurricanes)brings here in S.Florida?

Last edited by bluelex; 06-02-07 at 07:12 PM.
Old 06-02-07, 07:07 PM
Ice350
Lexus Fanatic

Received 7 Likes on 7 Posts

It is hot in the summer. Too hot. Years ago I suggested we pool some money and rent an indoor/outdoor facility. Maybe an airport hangar or something. Maybe JMLexus can sponsor that.
Old 06-02-07, 08:30 PM
tmf2004
5% Club. Killing it!!!

Received 63 Likes on 61 Posts

Mid October or early November would be good weather.. I agree its just to hot in the summer and last summer was brutal out there standing around..
Old 06-04-07, 03:43 PM
Lexus_girl
Pole Position

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

So, let's hear some ideas for this year's annual meet....
I don't really want to have "two" days at JM again this year, but Sunday afternoon would be the best time for us.
Is there a Friday/Saturday plan in the works?
Anyone want to finish up with a car show like last year with trophies and such?
July seems to work because of many of the member's school schedules.
I'm ready to go with the flow, just wanted to see the interest and get some ideas out there.

Maybe someone will actually buy a car from me this year........
Old 06-04-07, 04:17 PM
SweetIS350
Rookie

Ladies and Gents

I have an idea, how about if JM Lexus rents a couple of Fan Mister, and also possibly rent a huge tent so everyone can hangout in the shade? Just an idea
Old 06-04-07, 07:04 PM
lexforlife
Lexus Fanatic

Received 18 Likes on 16 Posts

Originally Posted by JM Lexus
So, let's hear some ideas for this year's annual meet....
I don't really want to have "two" days at JM again this year, but Sunday afternoon would be the best time for us.
Is there a Friday/Saturday plan in the works?
Anyone want to finish up with a car show like last year with trophies and such?
July seems to work because of many of the member's school schedules.
I'm ready to go with the flow, just wanted to see the interest and get some ideas out there.

Maybe someone will actually buy a car from me this year........
shannon

would jm be interested in sponsoring/or co sponsoring a saturday event on the east coast on the beach with more activites and real catered barbecue possibly models for photo opps beachside and we could have it so all those from out of town can stay at one resort beachside then do what wringo did and maybe work with club eguana on los olas riverfront for vip club access as well as front side parking for sat night action then finish off sunday at jm for the offical car show and judging this time done by spectators and participents but jm would have to provide some tented areas for shade

i wanted to do a weekend in key largo which is barely 1 hr drive from ft lauderdale but say its too far

so local beaches have plenty of park areas and i am sure jm management can pull some strings and get us secured parking at one of them reserved and jm can bring out banners giveaways do live advertising to solicate spectators

just some ideas
Old 06-04-07, 08:21 PM
Lexus_girl
Pole Position

So....Sell it to me, and I'll try to sell it to the JM Lexus higher up's.
Factor in cost and available areas.
Old 06-05-07, 07:13 AM
Bill_GS3
Lead Lap

Received 1 Like on 1 Post

I'm hoping to make it to the meet this year, missed last years due to my girls baby shower.

I'f I remember correctly last year the weather was pretty good about that time, warm but nice still. Maybe one should be planed for that time and futture meets should be planned in cooler months. I'm sure Josh and Shannon have already started a bit with July in mind.

Anyway I'm sure it will be a great time.
Old 06-05-07, 03:35 PM
Indio
Lexus Test Driver

Received 1 Like on 1 Post

I too vote for the cooler months, hot as it may be us car enthusiasts will sweat it out but the wives/girlfriends/kids are not going to want to spend the day in blistering heat, so a lot of memebers will end up leaving early because of the families, add to that the likelyhood of rain and possibility of hurricanes, in past years we have had large meets in December and April with good weather and turnout, something to think about.
Old 06-05-07, 04:54 PM
tmf2004
5% Club. Killing it!!!

Received 63 Likes on 61 Posts

If people really want to have a meet in July why not have another one in late November or early December.. 5 months apart is a pretty good break between meets.. That way people who can't make in July can look forward to December.. Not around the holidays of course.. ie. Thanksgiving and Christmas.. Just a thought..

TOny
Old 06-06-07, 08:39 AM
Lexus_girl
Pole Position

Lightbulb

I'm all about having more than one meet. The summer seems to work because schedules are a little more flexible.
I spoke to our Lexus rep today, and they are very interested in doing another meet at JM Lexus.
We would like to end the event here on the Sunday with a car show and trophies and such like last year.
I am working on getting a "secret" vehicle to possibly show this year.
I will speak with Josh and everyone else to coordinate.
-Shannon

Last edited by Lexus_girl; 06-06-07 at 08:40 AM. Reason: sp
Old 06-06-07, 09:16 AM
bluelex
Lexus Fanatic

Thats true, a bi-annual JM meet could be fun. One in the summer and one in the so called "winter". Its gives people a chance in S. Florida to hook more than once a year.. as long as it doesn't conflict with the C. Florida Lexus meets..
Old 06-06-07, 07:49 PM
Fiko18
Lexus Test Driver

oooohh a "secret" vehicle lol i'm hoping its what i think it is
Old 06-07-07, 07:21 AM
bluelex
Lexus Fanatic

Originally Posted by Fiko18
oooohh a "secret" vehicle lol i'm hoping its what i think it is
IS-F.......
Old 06-09-07, 01:39 PM
WhatYaGot
Instructor

Received 22 Likes on 16 Posts

I would be interested in going back to JM where I purchased my vehicle to meet you all!

Quick Reply: 2007 July Club Lexus/Supra/MY.IS Meet?