Florida Lexus Club The place for Florida Lexus enthusiasts

Sibling Rivalry - Jacksonville - August 4th

Search this Thread

Old 06-21-07, 11:34 AM
toyokitten
Driver School Candidate

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default Sibling Rivalry - Jacksonville - August 4th

Hey guys I'm new here. I am a huge Toyota enthusiast! i have all 3 family members, a lexus, a toyota and a scion.

My Scion is my DD, and i am a part of a huge Scion community in Florida. We have held a show every year in JAcksonville called Sibling Rivalry. the first year was just Toyota vs. Scion. last year we added Lexus adn only ONE showed up and by default, won the trophy. This year we want more lexus up at the show. I have seen so many nice ones in the orlando area, and i know they can win a trophy at our show. A few Managers for SETOYOTA Distributors (who are in charge of the dealerships in Florida and Georgia) will be there. theres is food, DJs, prizes, free scwag and tons of TOYOTA only cars.

so i hope to see some of you out there. please reply your thoughts on this show.. and feel free to jump on Scion Life forums and post to this thread:

here is the info: http://www.scionlife.com/forums/viewtopic.php?t=178496

i will be on here periodically to check out the interest! thank you! -Cher
Old 06-23-07, 09:20 AM
Trance4c
Rookie

ToyoKitten - great to see your post! There is a lot of enthusiasm for this years event already! I know we are going to make it a point to roll through Jax, G-ville, Ocala, Orlando in a train of XB's tagging cars here in the next few weeks. We really do want to see some Lexus owners show up! We have one SC300 1JZ swap confirmed that is a personal friend from one of our Scion club members. He is touting he'll take home the trophy (haha) so I'd like to see some nice Lexus's come out and make him have to work for it!!

Hope to see you all there, pre-register is up and already starting to fill.. we have lots of room throughout the 7 floor parking garage, so come everyone!!! Its free to show and free to spectate! See you all there.
Old 06-29-07, 03:22 PM
Trance4c
Rookie

We are hoping to get a good response from the Lexus community this year! We have a Trophy just for you guys and we will be targetting a lot of them with flyers this next weekend.

We have had a great response from the Supra and MR2 communities over the past couple of years, this year the AE86 Corrolla guys are getting in the act and myself leading in the turbo Celica crew. Hope to see some nice Lexus's show up, we're about a month away now lets see some pre-registers!!
Old 06-29-07, 07:24 PM
Chenzo26
Pole Position

Wow, sounds interesting. I'd like to come out and spectate if thats ok. I have a '99 GS4, but its pretty much stock. I'd still like to see what shows up.
Old 06-30-07, 08:10 AM
Trance4c
Rookie

Originally Posted by Chenzo26
Wow, sounds interesting. I'd like to come out and spectate if thats ok. I have a '99 GS4, but its pretty much stock. I'd still like to see what shows up.
Hey.. stock or Fast n' Furious.. we don't care.. this is for the owners! Its free to show and free to spectate. Regardless of the car being stock, you can roll in.. you are a Toyota owner! Then your car will be very near while you spectate We are honestly hoping to get more of the luxury side of Lexus to come out!

We are looking for all aspects of Toyota's - the best part of this is that we get to see the wide range of us that Toyota, Lexus and Scion cars take on. Be it Pimp My Ride, Fast N Furious, Muddin' Truckin, Daily Drivers, Luxury Class.. etc... that is the point! Its Sibling Rivalry peeps.. see you there!
Old 07-03-07, 11:17 AM
gaunt
Driver School Candidate

im up for this, i got a busted car but im not doing anything that day
Old 07-09-07, 10:04 AM
Chenzo26
Pole Position

Originally Posted by Trance4c
Hey.. stock or Fast n' Furious.. we don't care.. this is for the owners! Its free to show and free to spectate. Regardless of the car being stock, you can roll in.. you are a Toyota owner! Then your car will be very near while you spectate We are honestly hoping to get more of the luxury side of Lexus to come out!

We are looking for all aspects of Toyota's - the best part of this is that we get to see the wide range of us that Toyota, Lexus and Scion cars take on. Be it Pimp My Ride, Fast N Furious, Muddin' Truckin, Daily Drivers, Luxury Class.. etc... that is the point! Its Sibling Rivalry peeps.. see you there!
Sounds good, I'll be there if I ever get my car back from a mechanic who is replacing bent valves because of a botched timing belt replacement....
Old 07-13-07, 01:21 PM
vboy418
Lexus Champion

Hey guys I saw this flyer on SELOC and I will definately go this year. Now since parking lot is it. I work @ Bellsouth and park at the Bellsouth parking lot. Which one are you guys holding yours at? Also is it cool if I bring some RSX and s2000 buds? They are 50/50 now.
Old 07-17-07, 08:04 PM
Trance4c
Rookie

A quick update while we were at the location from the top of the roof...

Those coming from I-95 North bound taking the Acosta Expressway to Broad St to get off will be seeing the parking garage right in front of them. I really couldn't hold the camera high enough, but there is a huge highway interchange right over the side. You'll be seeing a large 'TOYOTA' banner as you come over the crest of the bridge.

Just to the left, you will find yourself in what feels like the middle of all the downtown buildings. There are a few others chopped off by the camera to the left, its quite an awesome feeling that this is the backdrop of the top floor! You really feel like you are up in the air in the middle of downtown. I got very excited, had to just take the pics to show everyone

Back toward the corner the original picture was taken from, you see a bit of a calmer side to the surrounding area and a number of the bridges to downtown. Down in this corner you'll find the DJ on the top floor, the raffle area and a number of the vendors lining the sides as well as the RC Drift car arena, etc. We're counting on a few select rides to show up as more 'featured' rides to accompany a number of other vehicles that will be on the top floor. So bring the best, we're going to be looking for others to join us!

3rd floor of the parking garage is going to be sign up for parking. There will also be a designated area for staging before rolling in an parking. Those that are with clubs or crews will be able to use some area off to the side to line up before rolling on up the floors.

We are also planning a number of specific closed off spots for feature rides to show per floor, please mind those spots! Also, every car will get TWO spots to park in! That means if you want to angle the car however you like to pull in, knock yourselves out!

We are just over 3 weeks away, see you all there!
Old 07-18-07, 05:15 PM
toyokitten
Driver School Candidate

glad to see some people want to come.

if you are stock - that's fine.

my secret project is not stock, but it TOTALLY UNDER CONSTRUCTION and even has body damage from a hurricane a few years back, and some EGG damage from jealous kids. so if I bring that - then you can bring your pretty shiney LEXUS cars...

and you can brign friends who own other cars... mayeb that will make then turn into Toyota people.... RECRUIT!!!! lol we can hope. but they cannot park their cars in the show, TOYOTAS only! ^___~

hope to see you all out there..... 2 weeks - YIKES i have WORK TO DO!
Old 07-23-07, 03:19 PM
Trance4c
Rookie

Only a couple of weeks to go.. can't wait!
Old 07-25-07, 02:53 PM
Trance4c
Rookie

I definitely have something nice planned for raffle to everyone that I'm sure all of you Lexus owners will want!

Only a couple of weeks.. can't wait!!
Old 07-30-07, 07:52 PM
vboy418
Lexus Champion

Hey guys I was trying to figure out what parking out then I pulled out of my usual parking lot I park at and Brian tells me about the meet this week. So it ends up being the same parking lot I park for work everyday. I will see you guys there this week. good stuff
Old 07-31-07, 03:19 PM
dusouth
Pole Position

what time does it start/end?
Old 07-31-07, 03:54 PM
Trance4c
Rookie

Originally Posted by dusouth
what time does it start/end?
Make sure to check out the website.. there is a schedule up..

but.. its planned for -

3pm roll in
5pm judging begins
9pm show ends

There is a lot more between all that though, just check out the website and see you guys there!

Quick Reply: Sibling Rivalry - Jacksonville - August 4th