Florida Lexus Club The place for Florida Lexus enthusiasts

Big Meet Weekend Jan 19th (IS-F Meet) W.Palm Beach (FINAL PLAN POSTED for Fri/Sat)!!

Search this Thread

Old 01-17-08, 01:44 PM
lexis307
Lexus Test Driver

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

Originally Posted by lexforlife
mike i am going to daisey dukes tomm to make arrangements approx how many people so i can tell them how to setup
ed, I'd suggest just estimating 30-40 people good range..IMO

side note: could be more could be less, u never know

Last edited by lexis307; 01-17-08 at 01:49 PM.
Old 01-17-08, 03:10 PM
TireLight
Driver School Candidate

I'll be down there, but not in my car...Most likely gonna catch a flight down there.
Old 01-17-08, 04:06 PM
LexFather

Originally Posted by lexforlife
mike i am going to daisey dukes tomm to make arrangements approx how many people so i can tell them how to setup
Coolbeans. They still haven't emailed me back

As lexis307 suggested, around 30-40 people....
Old 01-18-08, 08:06 AM
psypete
Driver School Candidate

ill be there around 10:00am saturday. if anyone there has a 1st gen IS with a turbo, i have a couple questions.... i'll be the guy who looks 16 standing next to the black 1st-gen IS
Old 01-18-08, 09:08 AM
jruhi4
Lead Lap

Originally Posted by psypete
ill be there around 10:00am saturday. if anyone there has a 1st gen IS with a turbo, i have a couple questions.... i'll be the guy who looks 16 standing next to the black 1st-gen IS
Pete: try to find me, and I'll introduce you to Mario, who has a 1st-gen turbo and can surely answer your questions.

BTW, I've heard concerns about some folks not having received their confirmation e-mails for the Moroso event tomorrow. Fear not, here's the reply I got from Lexus:

Bryan, pls check the list.

But gents, if they registered on-line, then they are good to go, with or without receiving confirmation email. We used a 3rd party for email, so maybe a slight oversight.

Please let them know they are set to go.

Thanks
Justin
Old 01-18-08, 10:43 AM
IS350jet
Pole Position

Received 1 Like on 1 Post

I'll be driving up on Saturday morning. I live about an Hour away. My time slot is 10:00. Unfortunately, I have other engagements on Saturday evening and on Sunday. I'll be looking forward to meeting all of you. See you there!!
Old 01-18-08, 09:20 PM
lexis307
Lexus Test Driver

just got home from the friday nite track un run , everyone is in for a blast tomorrow am with those badass IS-f's that I saw!!!!
Old 01-18-08, 09:53 PM
LexFather

Originally Posted by lexis307
just got home from the friday nite track un run , everyone is in for a blast tomorrow am with those badass IS-f's that I saw!!!!
Thats right!!! Nice chatting, see you tomorrow. Adrian and myself ran from 8 to about 11 pm....We met a SC 400 owner (Drew I believe, who also dragged his car) and a nice IS 300 couple who is coming back tomorrow.

I took pics but FORGET the cable, so I can't upload tonight.

My car is beat, driving 7 hrs from ATL, straight to the drag strip to run the 1/4 mile

It would have been nice for some more FL members to make the drag night. The lines were real short from my understanding.

And yes, we saw all the IS-Fs and GS cars parked together. The same ones we will drive around in a few hours.

I gotta wash the car and be there for 7:30
Old 01-19-08, 01:37 PM
IndecentSC
Lexus Test Driver

All i can say is DAMN!!!! that was the best..
Old 01-19-08, 02:21 PM
LexFather

Originally Posted by IndecentSC
All i can say is DAMN!!!! that was the best..
WHAT AN EVENT!!! Lexus outdid itself with the event AND THE CAR.

The IS-F is the real deal. BEYOND FANTASTIC!!

We just left and are leaving for Daisy Dukes for a 7pm reservation

Pics and write-up to come
Old 01-19-08, 02:54 PM
Faraaz23
Lexus Test Driver

All I can say is WOW. This is the most hardcore production car Toyota has ever made. I agree with Mike 100%... Lexus once again has COMPLETELY outdone themselves in a market/demographic most of the public would consider completely outside of the company's comfort zone. Never in a million years did I ever see myself saying that a Lexus has almost TOO MUCH throttle response.
The event was NOTHING like Taste of Lexus, where you get yelled at if you're going over a leisurely 45mph. If they were to make this an all day racing school, I would actually pay to attend. Thanks to Lexus for doing this for us!
Old 01-19-08, 03:02 PM
Faraaz23
Lexus Test Driver

PS- It was great to meet all of you guys in person finally!
Old 01-19-08, 07:24 PM
Ice350
Lexus Fanatic

Received 7 Likes on 7 Posts

Just got home from hanging out with the guys at daisy dukes. They're still cruizing around ft. laud but I need to rest. Gotta get up for church early.
It was cool seeing familiar faces and a couple new ones. Finally met Mike (1sicklex) and he's a pretty cool guy. Mostly, a real CL'er to ride down to hang with the gang. I'm tempted to get back out there and catch up to them. Anyway. it was a blast.
Old 01-20-08, 04:21 AM
IS350jet
Pole Position

Received 1 Like on 1 Post

The Lexus ISF drive event was awesome. The Lexus people were very cool and supportive. Short write-up here.

https://www.clublexus.com/forums/sho...d.php?t=330705
Old 01-20-08, 12:33 PM
Wringo
Lexus Champion

Received 8 Likes on 8 Posts
Default What a Blast!!!

This was the most fun I had driving my car in a long time! I drove down on Saturday morning with the wife trailing me to go spend time with the family and allowing me to be a kid again! Upon arrival I was able to catch up with Adrian(Bluelex), before he left home to get a quick wash of the ride. We departed for the Lexus IS-F meet and arrived to the park around 12:30. It was nice to meet old friends and make new friends as well! Although I didn't get a registered spot to drive the IS-F, member Smooth 1(Dennis) was able to get myself, Bluelex, and Teelex a hook up for the test drive. Thanks Dennis! Lexus laid out the red carpet as usual for this event and I want to thank all those that took the time to cooordinate this event!

(The drive)

Well with a little twisting the arm of Bluelex,and Teelex, we made it to the class and got registered! During the 20 minute wait we talked shop and took a look at the interior/ exterior of the IS-F as they got a full tank. The time came for us to drive and drive is what we did. We collectively chose to drive the GS460 as our tune-up car prior to driving the F! I was impressed with the way the car handled and that they allowed us to really put the pedal to the metal!

(IS-F)

All I can say is wow! This car was intimidating for me for two reasons. I didn't want to wreck this beauty of a car knowing I couldn't pay for it, and fear of the unkown! On my first lap in the first turn, I went off the track just a little bit , getting use to the response and braking. It was a blast the rest of the way around the track! This car was more than what I expected and then some! The handling and power of the IS-F, was tremendous. A true owner would find themselves cheated by not taking this car to the track every few months. Unfortunately I couldn't afford one of these bad boy's, but it would sure be a nice gift...... anybody willing?

(Playing/ Cruising in South Florida!)

As with any good thing, the driving and the day had to end. The members who were left at the track all departed at the same time and you know what that means.....time to play catch up! The drive from Moroso was alot of fun seing Ed, Steve, Mario, Adrian, Terry, Clive,and Wayne play on the strip home as I tried to keep up!

We all went home and freshened up a little and headed out to Daisy Dukes for the night and a cruise on Ft. Lauderdale beach. The drive to and from home was the fastest I have ever traveled from Palm Beach to Broward county ever. We were tested by bimmers, cycles and even a trucker! They were all owned!

Thanks for a great time guy's and I hope you all made it home safe!

Kofi, Eric, and Mike you are true troopers for CL! Thank's Blue for the hospitality!

Quick Reply: Big Meet Weekend Jan 19th (IS-F Meet) W.Palm Beach (FINAL PLAN POSTED for Fri/Sat)!!