Search this Thread

Old 02-16-08, 09:57 AM
bmsport
Lead Lap

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default 42nd Annual Grant Seafood Festival - Feb 23,24

February 23rd & 24th, 2008 from 11 AM - 5 PM Daily

http://grantseafoodfestival.com/

I have been volunteering for this event for the last 5 years. My parents live in Grant-Valkaria and its been a good time since i was a kid. If you like or even think you like seafood, you have to come to this. Beer, seafood, and live music all day long. Last year over 100,000 people showed up and we raised over $250,000 for the community and scholarships. Hope to see you there.

Info:

Free admission, free parking, over 100 crafters exhibiting, live continuous entertainment, along with a scrumptious menu of succulent seafood makes this a weekend no one wants to miss.

What sets this seafood festival apart from others is that it runs through a 100% volunteer effort! All preparation , whether it be on the grounds or with the purchasing, cooking or serving of the various menu items is accomplished by volunteers of the community. We do not have any food vendors on site. All booths are run with volunteers: many booths are made up of family members, often times having several generations working along side one another. It is this complete volunteer effort that makes our festival unique. The total commitment of our community and all our volunteers makes the Grant Seafood Festival a time honored tradition unlike any other. We are proud of our community and our festival is a testament to that fact.