Florida Lexus Club The place for Florida Lexus enthusiasts

The 1st Annual Nissan vs. Toyota Show Off. 6-14-2008. Sunrise,FL.

Search this Thread

Old 05-16-08, 06:21 AM
BoostenSC4
Driver

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

Originally Posted by bluelex
Traitor !! naw just kidding.. bring both..lol
Lol. Unfortunately the Soarers sold, I miss that thing or it would be my #1 option as far as the show. But I bleed Nissan all day. I got the Nissan boards buzzing about this one too so it should be a great turnout.
Old 05-17-08, 09:56 AM
johnee78
Lexus Champion

Received 2 Likes on 2 Posts
Thumbs up

This is going to be a huge event and Im getting my car ready for this show..The parking is limited so make sure you pre-register...Only those that are pre-registered will be have a spot waiting for them..
Old 05-17-08, 06:15 PM
TougeSC3
Lexus Champion

Received 6 Likes on 5 Posts

I might show my face. It's only about an hour away. I've been meaning to meet some fellow Lexus owners down here. So it's sponsored by Team Solo. Is Vic gonna drive down for the show? I don't think Becker will make it either.
Old 05-19-08, 09:24 AM
ItalianLex
Lead Lap

Just want to bring this back to the top and to remind everyone that spaces will fill up quickly and to pre-register soon! Hope to see a bunch of you guys out there! Let's make this show successful so it can be an annual thing!
Old 05-19-08, 11:39 AM
MrJohnE
Lexus Test Driver

Received 18 Likes on 4 Posts

swapped saturday's with a co-worker today. i will be in attendance.
Old 05-19-08, 04:02 PM
lexis307
Lexus Test Driver

Ill be there
Old 05-20-08, 10:30 AM
lexus250
Pole Position

Ill be there.....cant wait its about time for a real car show.
Old 05-20-08, 02:56 PM
mikeh555
Pole Position

ill be there fellas john and adrian lemme know if you need a anything from me. Save me a spot somewhere
Old 05-23-08, 12:30 PM
TeeLex
Lexus Champion

I'm there....just registered. Lets hope for good weather.
Old 05-23-08, 04:15 PM
Pnuge88
Lexus Champion

Received 18 Likes on 13 Posts

Originally Posted by TeeLex
I'm there....just registered. Lets hope for good weather.
do you live in wellington!?? i ALWAYS see your car around for like two years now.. and i saw you the other day at lexus of palm beach i was working and looking at your car at the service drive while it was raining! nice ride!

i wanna enter but i doubt i will make it my cars fugly anyways lol
Old 05-23-08, 06:50 PM
Batmobile
Pole Position

Received 4 Likes on 4 Posts

damn this is something i would really like to attend... too bad i'm in the North East...

i hope toyota wins...

those nissans are going to be tough... 350z's 240's are going to be heavily modded... GTR's going to be a show stopper... and maxima's and sentra's are going to be dookie.... that's a safe bet LOL....

GO LEXUS!
Old 05-23-08, 07:57 PM
eyecon7
Lead Lap

Received 3 Likes on 2 Posts

Originally Posted by Batmobile
damn this is something i would really like to attend... too bad i'm in the North East...

i hope toyota wins...

those nissans are going to be tough... 350z's 240's are going to be heavily modded... GTR's going to be a show stopper... and maxima's and sentra's are going to be dookie.... that's a safe bet LOL....

GO LEXUS!
hey hey my maxima is pretty CLEAN....
i just hate driving Down south.... next meet should be in orlando or sarasota or somthing....
Old 05-23-08, 08:46 PM
SH212
Dances with goats

Received 2 Likes on 2 Posts

Should i register my stock ls with black tints?
doubt ill have my drop or the rims on when ill be there

any advice??
Old 05-24-08, 04:49 AM
lexforlife
Lexus Fanatic

Received 18 Likes on 16 Posts

if pre register and weather fails do you get a refund paypaled back to you
Old 05-24-08, 09:29 AM
bluelex
Lexus Fanatic

Received 6 Likes on 4 Posts

Originally Posted by johnee78
This is going to be a huge event and Im getting my car ready for this show..The parking is limited so make sure you pre-register...Only those that are pre-registered will be have a spot waiting for them..
I appreciate the help with everything Johnee, Looking forward to seeing the GS with its new drop.

Originally Posted by TougeSC3
I might show my face. It's only about an hour away. I've been meaning to meet some fellow Lexus owners down here. So it's sponsored by Team Solo. Is Vic gonna drive down for the show? I don't think Becker will make it either.
Yes but also with the help of our sponsors. Its a joint event. Vik Can't fly in for this one cuz he's flying in for HIN Orlando a couple weeks later. No I doubt becker will be here aswell, mostly just the Teamsolo Florida guys will be here.

Originally Posted by mikeh555
ill be there fellas john and adrian lemme know if you need a anything from me. Save me a spot somewhere
Their is a thread in our Private section Shows and events forum with all the details of what we need from everyone. Please feel free to go read it and see what we've been doing. Your help will be appreciated.

Originally Posted by Batmobile

i hope toyota wins...

those nissans are going to be tough... 350z's 240's are going to be heavily modded... GTR's going to be a show stopper... and maxima's and sentra's are going to be dookie.... that's a safe bet LOL....GO LEXUS!
At this point We've had more pre-registers from the Nissan and infinit guys by a larger margin. I can't divulge the exact numbers yet but lets just say its double at this point. I really want the Toyota Fam to win as I'm bias but I didn't realize how many Nissans are down here. But I think the toyota guys will show up big.

Its our 1st attempt at this event. So we're learning on the fly. But our goal is to try and bring the two biggest tuners down here together for an overall day of fun with music, food and awards. We didn't expand the awards as much this time because its our 1st show but we have goals for this event to eventaully turn this into a Chevy vs. Ford type of event like they do at Moroso but we have to crawl before we walk.

Originally Posted by eyecon7
hey hey my maxima is pretty CLEAN....
i just hate driving Down south.... next meet should be in orlando or sarasota or somthing....
By all means bring the maxima, like I meanyioned above we didn't expand the classes becuase of location parking constraints and workload, imagine how big this event would have been had we added Scions, we all know how they roll. But to answer your Question we are going to do a show in the winter in orlando that will be an all make show but that is for another day to talk about. I hope you come out.

Originally Posted by Shlomboy
Should i register my stock ls with black tints?
doubt ill have my drop or the rims on when ill be there

any advice??
Its up to you to be honest. I Wrote up the package everyone gets with their registration so I think you need to decide what you want from the day. You can still buy raffles at the show for the prizes and buy food aswell and coming in as a spectator is free, you just have to park at a different location.

Originally Posted by lexforlife
if pre register and weather fails do you get a refund paypaled back to you
Hey Ed, Great question that hadn't come up. Its a rain or shine event but when we say Rain we mean light rain or scattered storms, If its a hurricane type deal, or a complete wash out type of day we will refund everyone and move the show date. We will refund all paypal pre-registers but you knw how the weather is down here. It can rain like horses and than turn into a great day.

-If you pre-register and up to the day before the event decide that you don't want to come because of weather than please send your email to me at mayorathome@aol.com up to the day before the event and we will refund you. But if the show goes on and you come and leave, don't show up cuz it was raining by you, you will not be refunded unless you email that you aren't coming the day before the show, Not the same day or morning, it has to be the day before the show. Lets all hope for no rain but we all know how FL is in the summer. I hope this explains and helps answer this concern people might have.

Last edited by bluelex; 05-24-08 at 10:19 AM.

Quick Reply: The 1st Annual Nissan vs. Toyota Show Off. 6-14-2008. Sunrise,FL.