Florida Lexus Club The place for Florida Lexus enthusiasts

Anyone showing at HIN Orlando?

Search this Thread

Old 07-11-08, 07:59 PM
carbongs
Lexus Champion

Received 3 Likes on 3 Posts
Default Anyone showing at HIN Orlando?

I was going to post this in the South East section but there is NO traffic there. Anyone here attending the Orlando HIN? My friend with a VIP Passat is going to be showing with me.
Old 07-12-08, 10:00 AM
MrJohnE
Lexus Test Driver

Received 18 Likes on 4 Posts

few guys showing...

ill be there taking pics.
Old 07-12-08, 12:01 PM
Griffin400
Pole Position

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

Yes we have a booth and a few cars showing, Supra, Evo, 350z
Old 07-12-08, 04:03 PM
Neo300
Lead Lap

Shawn (lexusonduds) should be there. I was considering it, but I think I'll pass on the 'rice fest' (thats just me though) .
Old 07-13-08, 10:15 AM
got_trd
Lexus Champion

Received 2 Likes on 2 Posts

im showing
Old 07-13-08, 11:53 AM
MRSUPRA
Rookie

I live 1 mile away from the Convention Center. I will go on Friday and try to take some pictures in the parking lot behind the building as they line up. Hopefully it won't rain. Once the cars roll in, the lighting is bad. Most likely I will join the show but can't touch the others as far as competition. Just go for fun, maybe get some new ideas on what to do to mine. (bolt on boy) 98 Supra quicksilver.
Old 07-13-08, 06:11 PM
johnee78
Lexus Champion

Received 2 Likes on 2 Posts

Ill be there...Looking forward to seeing and meeting alot of CL members..
Old 07-13-08, 08:03 PM
Wringo
Lexus Champion

Received 8 Likes on 8 Posts
Default I'm in!

Originally Posted by carbongs
I was going to post this in the South East section but there is NO traffic there. Anyone here attending the Orlando HIN? My friend with a VIP Passat is going to be showing with me.
Team Solo will be representing at the show! We hope to see you there.
Old 07-14-08, 06:56 AM
carbongs
Lexus Champion

very cool, thanks guys! i was really concerned that nobody would be there because at low amounts of the lexus community representing at past events this year. a lot of them said it was because of gas prices! there are only two members from my team coming. we hope to meet everyone there! this should be a fun event.
Old 07-14-08, 09:17 AM
ReyRey305
Lexus Test Driver

Received 1 Like on 1 Post

Hey whats up CL members, are you guys meeting up at a certain spot before you head out ? I just bought my ticket online... If you guys are meeting up can you send me a PM to let me know please, Thanks
Old 07-14-08, 10:39 AM
carbongs
Lexus Champion

Originally Posted by ReyRey305
Hey whats up CL members, are you guys meeting up at a certain spot before you head out ? I just bought my ticket online... If you guys are meeting up can you send me a PM to let me know please, Thanks
are you showing or just spectating? my friend jordan and i will be checking in at the convention center days inn 9990 international drive orlando, fl 32819 at 4:00PM we will be rolling into the show at 4:30ish if anyone wants to roll in with us
Old 07-14-08, 01:46 PM
ReyRey305
Lexus Test Driver

Received 1 Like on 1 Post

Originally Posted by carbongs
are you showing or just spectating? my friend jordan and i will be checking in at the convention center days inn 9990 international drive orlando, fl 32819 at 4:00PM we will be rolling into the show at 4:30ish if anyone wants to roll in with us
I will be spectating, unfortunately my GS350 is stock =( I guess just let me know whats going down. I am trying to get some of my friends to go but i am not sure if they are going...

But damn , You GS looks sick bro
Old 07-14-08, 02:10 PM
MRSUPRA
Rookie

Default Hotels and speed traps (Universal Blvd)

Hey gang, I run a towncar (taxi) around Orlando. Better to stay at the hotels on Universal Blvd. Such as Springhill Suites, Hampton Inn, Hyatt Place. Newer and much nicer than the old nasty hotels on I Drive. It runs parallel to I drive. Almost with walking distance of the Convention Center and close to eateries, clubs, Universal, or Sea World if you want to check out the parks. Also watch out for cops, they know about the show and will have traps EVERYWHERE. Last year there were a bunch of cars pulled over after the show ended. Just my 2 cents.
Old 07-14-08, 04:36 PM
carbongs
Lexus Champion

Originally Posted by ReyRey305
I will be spectating, unfortunately my GS350 is stock =( I guess just let me know whats going down. I am trying to get some of my friends to go but i am not sure if they are going...

But damn , You GS looks sick bro
thanks, if you want to meet up with me at the hotel before you can hop in my ride and go into the convention center with me during roll in. it will be much les busy inside and fully lit. you can check out the rides and take pics while we set up our cars. it should be free for you to roll in with us as well. i have an extra pass. and thanks for the kind words! but i will be in some great company! almost all my daddies will be there! lol

Originally Posted by MRSUPRA
Hey gang, I run a towncar (taxi) around Orlando. Better to stay at the hotels on Universal Blvd. Such as Springhill Suites, Hampton Inn, Hyatt Place. Newer and much nicer than the old nasty hotels on I Drive. It runs parallel to I drive. Almost with walking distance of the Convention Center and close to eateries, clubs, Universal, or Sea World if you want to check out the parks. Also watch out for cops, they know about the show and will have traps EVERYWHERE. Last year there were a bunch of cars pulled over after the show ended. Just my 2 cents.
wow good to know. too late though. i already booked the hotel. is it really that bad at the days inn? again thanks for the input
Old 07-15-08, 06:16 PM
00lexondub
Lexus Champion

you carbon... you know ill be there along with JINSOKU... lexusondubs will be there as well

see you guys there

Quick Reply: Anyone showing at HIN Orlando?