Florida Lexus Club The place for Florida Lexus enthusiasts

Looking to install a clear bra in Jacksonville, FL

Search this Thread

Old 09-08-08, 08:00 PM
IS_250
Pole Position

Received 43 Likes on 34 Posts

Originally Posted by vboy418
So I got a quote from Lexus to do it. MB, BMW, the local guy above charge about the same price. $700 for the front bumper, whole hood, mirrors, and side fenders. What do you guys think?
No one in town does the clear bra in house, everyone here uses a vendor to do the clear bra. I'll try to hit my bro up tomorrow to see if they can do any better than $700. He works for Acura and they use a vendor, but im pretty sure $700 is the standard price that they charge.
Old 09-08-08, 08:03 PM
vboy418
Lexus Champion

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

Hey cliffud, Lexus brings a vendor on Mondays. I'm going to find out more in detail tomorrow about the warrenty. Hopefully I can get her in the next week. I just got 20% tint all around, car is coming along slowly but surely :O)
Old 09-10-08, 09:08 AM
IS_250
Pole Position

Hey cliffud, Lexus brings a vendor on Mondays. I'm going to find out more in detail tomorrow about the warrenty. Hopefully I can get her in the next week. I just got 20% tint all around, car is coming along slowly but surely :O)
Sounds like $700 is the going rate. I called my bro and he says they usually charge $695.
Old 09-10-08, 10:13 AM
cliffud
Former Vendor

Received 3 Likes on 3 Posts

Originally Posted by IS_250
Sounds like $700 is the going rate. I called my bro and he says they usually charge $695.
Here's the reason why I wanted to ask if they outsource the work or have it done in-house.

While I understand that the funds spent from our perspective may be the same but when a vendor comes in to do the work once a day, there are a few drawbacks to letting them do the work there vs getting them do the work on their own time or at their own shop.

1) (S)He may rush the job since he has multiple cars to do on that day.

2) (S)He will almost certainly be doing the job for less money (since the dealership needs to take their cut) and when that happens, they MAY not be as inclined to do as good of a job. I know it sounds bad but it's just human nature and I've heard dozens of installers across the country gripe about doing dealership work and having to offer their labor at a 30-40 percent discount just so the dealer can make some coin and not seem like they're overcharging.

3) Unfortunately not all dealerships offer their clear bra vendors an indoor area to do the work. If you can find a clear bra installer who has their own shop to do the job indoors, you'll have a better chance of getting a clean install done.

Just some food for thought.

Clifford
Old 09-13-08, 09:41 AM
Trance4c
Rookie

Damn, for that much though on a custom bumper.. it would probably be worth it just to do it yourself though!
Old 09-14-08, 06:35 PM
exvelocity
Pole Position

I guess I need to look into providing that service in Jax, sounds like alot of $$ for a piece of plastic
Old 09-14-08, 06:54 PM
Trance4c
Rookie

Originally Posted by exvelocity
I guess I need to look into providing that service in Jax, sounds like alot of $$ for a piece of plastic
Seriously.. it can't be that hard or that expensive. That just sounds like a crazy price.
Old 09-17-08, 10:09 PM
vboy418
Lexus Champion

Yea, $700 is a lot. I will be talking to Greg at Lexus of OP in a few weeks when I'm ready and try to get a better price. I know its worth it because my 1st is front bumper is in bad shape when you look close up.
Old 09-27-08, 05:56 PM
Eclipsejax
Driver School Candidate

if you are still looking for a good installer...let me know

click herehttp://www.eclipse-window-tinting-inc.com
Old 09-28-08, 09:11 AM
vboy418
Lexus Champion

No Thanks, I found a local shop that is going to do my clear bra and spolier. They use clear shield and their work is top notch. Next time Im there I will take pictures. Seeing Lambo's, MB, Bimmers, even a few nice honda and acura's made me feel that they would do a good job on mine.

clifford they said they could install a clearshield on the headlights and fogs, do you think thats a good idea?

Thanks

btw I will be contacting you soon for a HID kit.
Old 09-28-08, 04:25 PM
IS_250
Pole Position

Only issue ive seen with the headlight overlays is that some start yellowing over time. Some have said it might be the heat from the headlight causing it.

Does your IS not have the factory HIDs? Its kinda of a pain to install, but not hard. You'll have to use a uni-bit to drill a 1.5" hole in the dust covers to run the wiring through a grommet, which most of the kits come with.

No Thanks, I found a local shop that is going to do my clear bra and spolier. They use clear shield and their work is top notch. Next time Im there I will take pictures. Seeing Lambo's, MB, Bimmers, even a few nice honda and acura's made me feel that they would do a good job on mine.

clifford they said they could install a clearshield on the headlights and fogs, do you think thats a good idea?

Thanks

btw I will be contacting you soon for a HID kit.
Old 09-28-08, 09:29 PM
vboy418
Lexus Champion

Anyone heard of Audio Designs and Custom Graphics.

No I didn't get the HID I regret it now.
Old 09-29-08, 05:00 AM
IS_250
Pole Position

My friend's brother Dj works over there as a tinter. He seems to be pretty good, not sure if he does the clear bra though.

The connections on the install are plug and play, but just make sure you take time when drilling the dust covers. I ended up using a hole-saw and cut the hole to big on one of my dust covers and had to epoxy a piece of ABS plastic to make sure the cover was sealed. The other one was perfect.

You can always buy an extra pair of dust covers. Someone listed the part # in the 2IS forums awhile back.

Anyone heard of Audio Designs and Custom Graphics.

No I didn't get the HID I regret it now.