Florida Lexus Club The place for Florida Lexus enthusiasts

Need Help scammed by Florida member

Search this Thread

Old 09-09-08, 02:45 PM
Spyder78
Lexus Champion

Received 10 Likes on 10 Posts
Default Need Help scammed by Florida member

I was recently involved in a transaction with cl member BlackGS3 he sold me a pair of coilovers that do not work. Here is the details from the thread. If someone could help me in getting in contact with him I would appreciate it. Thank you.

https://www.clublexus.com/forums/sho...d.php?t=371493
Old 09-10-08, 10:31 PM
Spyder78
Lexus Champion

bump. Thanks to all who have lent a helping hand so far.
Old 09-11-08, 05:24 AM
JonSC4
Lead Lap

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

Have you made any progress?
Old 09-11-08, 08:04 AM
bluelex
Lexus Fanatic

Received 6 Likes on 4 Posts

I remember that car from the JM meet, I would just put the claim in asap with paypal. After 30 days you get screwed if you don't put the claim in.
Old 09-11-08, 01:53 PM
One_jZ_SC3
Lexus Champion

ya..remember seeing it at JM also but dont know whose it is....
Old 09-11-08, 04:34 PM
HYPERBOY
Lexus Test Driver

what a d i cc khead!

and yea i also saw that gs at the meet.
Old 09-11-08, 05:26 PM
jriggs
Lead Lap

dang just noticed you posted this over here, where in florida is the guy? i'm tampa area let me know if i can help
Old 09-12-08, 09:07 AM
Spyder78
Lexus Champion

Thank you for all that have posted and PMed me to help with this situation. Paypal has been no help they have stated that if the item is not purchased thru ebay they do not cover if it has been misrepresented or broken, they only cover not getting it. I have managed to reverse the transaction thru my bank and have forced paypal into a position where they put my account into negative $750. Ultimately paypal sent me a notice today stating the their investigation of the transaction duer to my bank has deemed the transaction unauthorized and has reversed all of the money from the seller's girlfriend's account back into mine.

So the score is as follows,

SCAMMER-0 Me-1

I once again thank everyone for the help.
Old 09-12-08, 10:44 AM
DGreenGS
Rookie

This is getting ridiculous and something must be said. You call the seller a "scammer" but how exactly is the seller a scammer? Are they certified engineers that they are supposed to know that the springs are defective? or perhaps they work for B&G that they should have known of the recall? Please your full of bs and your just a sore buyer who didn't get what they expected. All of us on this forum have sometime or the other made a purchase and received goods that arent what we were expecting. This is the second sale of these coilovers in the past few months. Anyone on this forum for more than a couple months can remember the for sale thread a couple of months ago that stated that the B&G Coilovers were "VERY VERY VERY LOW". BlackGS3 purchased these coils from that seller on the basis of trust, because thats what this forum is about. Those coilovers were on his car and his car was obviously driveable as you see that numerous people saw his car at the JM Meet. Unless perhaps youd like to believe that he had his car maybe towed there? You saw the stance of the car in his pics, you saw that they were low. You are trying to blame someone for a company default that they themselves had no way of knowing, and slandering someone in our online community just because your a sore loser and want your money back. Your issue is with B&G and the fact that these coilovers were sold in the first place, not with BlackGS3 or the seller he bought it from. Because using your logic that initial seller should be blamed too, right? Car enthusiasts dont act this way and dont blame people indirectly, that's a sign of ignorance. This has gone on long enough. You should be taking this up with B&G. They are at fault. Nobody else. Don't act like youve never purchased something and had it not live up to your expectations, because you'd be a liar.
Old 09-12-08, 10:48 AM
DGreenGS
Rookie

All you are doing here is creating a negative environment and making it uncomfortable for any prospective and future buyers/sellers. You are immature and this should have been addressed to the manufacturer from the beginning, not the seller. You were not MISLED. You were sold the exact product and the application was as stated, for the 2GS. You werent sold IS or LS coilovers. You are claiming misrepresentation of the product and that it was sold knowingly defective. Right, when they were bought secondhand? lol. Ruining this whole community for everyone with your ignorance.
Old 09-12-08, 11:50 AM
oohpapi44
Lexus Fanatic

Received 5 Likes on 5 Posts

Originally Posted by DGreenGS
This is getting ridiculous and something must be said. You call the seller a "scammer" but how exactly is the seller a scammer? Are they certified engineers that they are supposed to know that the springs are defective? or perhaps they work for B&G that they should have known of the recall? Please your full of bs and your just a sore buyer who didn't get what they expected. All of us on this forum have sometime or the other made a purchase and received goods that arent what we were expecting. This is the second sale of these coilovers in the past few months. Anyone on this forum for more than a couple months can remember the for sale thread a couple of months ago that stated that the B&G Coilovers were "VERY VERY VERY LOW". BlackGS3 purchased these coils from that seller on the basis of trust, because thats what this forum is about. Those coilovers were on his car and his car was obviously driveable as you see that numerous people saw his car at the JM Meet. Unless perhaps youd like to believe that he had his car maybe towed there? You saw the stance of the car in his pics, you saw that they were low. You are trying to blame someone for a company default that they themselves had no way of knowing, and slandering someone in our online community just because your a sore loser and want your money back. Your issue is with B&G and the fact that these coilovers were sold in the first place, not with BlackGS3 or the seller he bought it from. Because using your logic that initial seller should be blamed too, right? Car enthusiasts dont act this way and dont blame people indirectly, that's a sign of ignorance. This has gone on long enough. You should be taking this up with B&G. They are at fault. Nobody else. Don't act like youve never purchased something and had it not live up to your expectations, because you'd be a liar.
Taking this kinda personal, don't you think????
Old 09-12-08, 11:59 AM
DGreenGS
Rookie

yeah..b/c its ridiculous. this guys seeking sympathy from people and slandering someone and everyone is ignoring what the rational logical way to handle this would have been. This is the second thread based on this. Now its in Florida b/c i guess hes seeking FL investigators to hunt and seek and find this "scammer". Its nonsense.
Old 09-12-08, 12:45 PM
LexFather

DaveGS4 edit. The situation is currently resolved, buyer awaiting feedback from seller on returning item if he ever logs back into CL. If he does not respond to my PMs regarding this issue he will be banned.

Last edited by DaveGS4; 09-12-08 at 10:03 PM.